Wal-Mart Security

Wal-Mart Security

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Security within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was just at Wal-Mart and noticed they have a security guy there with all his mall ninja regalia. The best part was the thigh ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Security

Wal-Mart Security

I was just at Wal-Mart and noticed they have a security guy there with all his mall ninja regalia. The best part was the thigh holster with no gun in it. I started laughing in line and had to stop as people were looking at me. He was standing against a wall with his arms crossed and the tough-guy look on his face. The whole time there was a sheriff's deputy a few feet away talking to people and being normal. The whole situation made me laugh.

me
    "Stop or i'll... or i'll... or i'll... oh heck STOP"
    MALL NINJA
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Senior Moderator
    We have those in our local theater.. Big guys with their little ear pieces, even mag pouches with mags in them, hand-cuffs, night sticks, radios, holster.. WAIT... No gun in the holster and to go with those fabulous magazines.

"Stop.. or I'll throw my holster at you! Or start throwing bullets.. yeah.. that will work!"
    Last edited by limatunes; May 19th, 2007 at 10:11 PM.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Damm and i thought i had to deal with squirells on road construction lol . Yall are makeing me more glad if possible that i farm and ranch , and only deal with the public as a side line anymore .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Whats the point? A guy looking bad leaning against the wall. Wait, he probably knows karate..

Isn't that a reverse Barny Fife of sorts? Magazine full of bullets and no weapon... hmmm... dang... can't even begin to imagine what the purpose of that equipment configuration is. If I ever hear that they get their firearms from the safe in the back office in the event of an emergency I'll blow a gasket I think.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Administrator
    I love the ones at Target... about 100 pounds of mush in BDU type of uniforms. A few tools on their belt, but they dont know how to use them (no gun).
    I had a run in with one once, I think I posted about it on here once. Now that its all over, maybe I'll tell the whole story.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I love the ones at Target... about 100 pounds of mush in BDU type of uniforms. A few tools on their belt, but they dont know how to use them (no gun).
    I had a run in with one once, I think I posted about it on here once. Now that its all over, maybe I'll tell the whole story.
    I eagerly await your story. My father just retired after 30 years in the Boston PD and I LOVE to hear some of his stories. For the life of me I just don't know how you guys do your job day in and day out without beating someone over the head with a rock. You are underpaid to say the least.

Target here has one of those. He doesn't have an empty holster or other weapon that I can see, but he does have the tough guy swagger. The funny thing is he can't be more than 5'4" and 130 lbs. Granted I'm aware that size is not everything, I'm not much bigger myself, but I don't walk around trying to look like a badass.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Maybe he left his piece laying on the toilet tank.

How demoralizing it must be to go to work wearing a holster and mags, but no gun.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I saw one of these guys once. If I remember their badge is a little silver Target logo. I wouldn't wear that, the BG has something to aim at.

me
    I have a buddy who I was talking to today that did that for a year (waiting to start grad school). As we discussed it he layed it out best I could find... "I am nothing more than the greeter at walmart, except I had handcuffs and people think those give an air of authority." And for the average sheep it does.

If I had to carry all that BS and was told to wear a holster no gun I would... At least no one my boss could see. It would be there out of sight and out of their mind.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    We have those in our local theater.. Big guys with their little ear pieces, even mag pouches with mags in them, hand-cuffs, night sticks, radios, holster.. WAIT... No gun in the holster and to go with those fabulous magazines.

"Stop.. or I'll throw my holster at you! Or start throwing bullets.. yeah.. that will work!"
    Are you serious?! Are you sure they're actually gun magazines?

That's just ... that's just ridiculous!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    One time I was at a Publix supermarket here and noticed, as I wandered the wine section unsuccessfully seeking a requested selection, that this big fat (350 lb.+) guy was eyeing me.

Since that was all I'd come for, I headed for the exit empty-handed.

He followed me.

(I was armed: GLOCK 27 in a shoulder satchel -- not a quick-draw setup)

As I got to the exit beyond the checkout aisles, I thought it best to assess the situation with lots of people still around, not out in the parking lot at night. So I stopped and pretended to read a poster near the door.

I sensed he was right there with me.

So I turned toward him and said something like, "Can I help you??"

He then, without identifying himself as store security, challenged me and pointed/reached toward my right hip. There, he claimed, was a bottle of wine I had not paid for.

Now that I knew what was going on -- and had surmised that he was undercover store security by this point (he might have said it after this had gone on a bit, I don't recall) -- I laughed at him, lifted my shirt, and exclaimed, "It's my cell phone, blank-hole!"

At that point, I got loud. I was standing not far from the checkout, where there were lots of shoppers, cashiers, and a manager or two. I looked into the face of one of the managers and said something about the incompetence of their idiot security officer, who accused me of stealing a bottle of wine he couldn't possibly have thought he'd seen me steal, given that it wasn't there! (What kind of idiot makes an accusation of theft when he clearly did not see a theft occur because he could not have seen what did not occur?!)

Just before I turned to leave, he muttered, "...sorry."

I leaned foward and squinted like I was hard of hearing. "What?"

"I'm sorry."

"That's better," I said, and walked out.

I saw him now and then in the store, doing his useless posing-as-a-shopper thing, after that. I'd usually try to make a point of looking him in the eye as I passed him, as if to say, "Yeah, schmuck, remember me?"

I'm probably going to ruffle a few feathers with this post, but i think someone should stand up for some of these people.

I'm only going to speak for myself. See, I did a small stint as a security officer, 7 mos doing this and that, hotel (stay quiet in your room!) office building (can i see your badge?) while I was with the navy in VA as a second job.

It's not glamorous to say the least. Looking back at it now, it's not so totally different than it is for me these 12 years later.

Again, speaking for myself. Keeping my eyes open, watching for trouble. They are there as to "show" a sence of some authority. because in a way, the place they are working for "has" given them some authority. I wasn't armed, you had to pay ALLOT of money at the time to get that way. 1200$ or so

Like anyone else, they should not overpower it.

There was a you.tube video, I can't remember it right off hand now. there was a guy that went nuts in a supermarket line, attacked a clerk, pulled a knife. a security guard tried to subdue him and was stabbed. lived

are they all perfect? no. do some of them look silly to us? yes.

they have a job, I let them do it, if they overpower it to me in particular, i'll call em on it. but in the mean time, i'll let em watch me, look how they want in appearance. I'll know to myself that I'm doin nothing wrong.

my .02 cents
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links