The Cost of Illegals

This is a discussion on The Cost of Illegals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do you think that mabe that is the reason our social security is going bankrupt. It has become a general fund that is used for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cost of Illegals

Do you think that mabe that is the reason our social security is going bankrupt. It has become a general fund that is used for things that it was not designed for. I feel sorry for the alians but its time for the Mexican Goverment to step up to the line and solve their problems at home.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up move to Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    I'll wait till they all move here then retire to mexico.
    I hear the bass fishing is great down there.

Senior Moderator
    Mexican Government to step up to the line and solve their problems at home.
    Why?
    The Mexican government could care less.
    They are reaping the benefits of an economy that they have nothing to do with.

Many family earners send a good portion of their paycheck to their family's back home. They make so much more in the U.S. that their lifestyle is vastly improved from what it would be if they simply stayed home.

The Mexican government has everything to gain and absolutely nothing to lose.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well, to be fair, it's not like we didn't bend them over with NAFTA.

Still, no reason they should be draining our social programs.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    I'll wait till they all move here then retire to mexico.
    Won't work, they'll finish trashing our country and then demand we get out of theirs.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

What really ticks me off is, I've paid into Social Security my entire working career but now that I'm physically unable to work (due to injuries I got ON THE JOB), Social Security has denied my claim for disability benefits TWICE! I'm currently appealing the decision for the second time and awaiting a court hearing (with an attorney on my side) but I've been fighting this since January of 2005. Now, if I were morbidly obese or an alcoholic I'd have been approved the first time around but since it's injury related I'm SOL ... and yet, illegals get Government benefits? I passed angry about two years ago.
    Jack

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    What really ticks me off is, I've paid into Social Security my entire working career but now that I'm physically unable to work (due to injuries I got ON THE JOB), Social Security has denied my claim for disability benefits TWICE! I'm currently appealing the decision for the second time and awaiting a court hearing (with an attorney on my side) but I've been fighting this since January of 2005. Now, if I were morbidly obese or an alcoholic I'd have been approved the first time around but since it's injury related I'm SOL ... and yet, illegals get Government benefits? I passed angry about two years ago.
    Jack
    Just tell them your an illegal, they'll send you a check right away.

Exclamation Lots of good links here

http://www.numbersusa.com/actionbuffet Send a fax to your rep against the Kennedy bill here you will have to look around a bit once you send it you get the above redirect to their main page.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    Just tell them your an illegal, they'll send you a check right away.
    Okay, now that was funny!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The problem you guys face is that your governement has ignored the problem till it's almost impossible to fix. What I see needs to be done. is to:
    Set up a decent guest worker program
    Fix the legal immigration system, last I heard you had a 4 million person backlog and growing.
    Start securing the border better.

You are going to have to declare some kind of amnesty, I suggest giving conditional citizenship to people that have been there for some time, have jobs and no record, these are the type that you will want as immigrants anyways.

Is it fair? no but it is realistic.

My wife came from Malaysia, I had to sponser her for 10 years and am personally responsible for $10,000 if she collects welfare and they do come after the sponsers!

How About If 12 Million...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    The problem you guys face is that your governement has ignored the problem till it's almost impossible to fix. What I see needs to be done. is to:
    Set up a decent guest worker program
    Fix the legal immigration system, last I heard you had a 4 million person backlog and growing.
    Start securing the border better.

You are going to have to declare some kind of amnesty, I suggest giving conditional citizenship to people that have been there for some time, have jobs and no record, these are the type that you will want as immigrants anyways.

Is it fair? no but it is realistic.

My wife came from Malaysia, I had to sponser her for 10 years and am personally responsible for $10,000 if she collects welfare and they do come after the sponsers!
    people cut in line in front of your wife?...and you had to wait?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Actually what needs to happen is:
    1). Secure the borders.
    2). Enforce the immigration laws.
    3). Deport anyone who is here illegally - you know, like any other country would do!
    4). Implement a trade embargo until Mexico starts doing it's part to secure IT'S side of the border.
    Jack

This one is interesting to me:

"Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country 20,807,645"

The media for some time has been telling us the number is 12 million. I have been asking for the same length of time where did they come up with that number as I had always heard 20 million. The pro-amnesty folks couldn't be trying to soften the blow by lying about the figure, could they?
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Actually what needs to happen is:
    1). Secure the borders.
    2). Enforce the immigration laws.
    3). Deport anyone who is here illegally - you know, like any other country would do!
    4). Implement a trade embargo until Mexico starts doing it's part to secure IT'S side of the border.
    Jack
    A big, resounding +1!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    people cut in line in front of your wife?...and you had to wait?

ret
    I would be right pevved off, but there is no way that you can resolve this without an amnesty. How are you going to force 12 million people out of your country? It's clear there is no will to do and that many decent people would get screwed, can you really blame them for wanting to leave Mexico right now? My Mexican friend moved to the US, he is legal and she can't get legal despite their best efforts.

However an amnesty without a longterm solution attached is merely a bandaid on a gangorus leg that will continue to fester.

By the way can we send you back all of the useless Vietnam draft dodgers and the few but vocal Iraqi war deserters? Most who seem quite happy to use our welfare system!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links