"Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week! - Page 2

"Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week!

This is a discussion on "Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; .35 Wheeeeelan!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week!

VIP Member
    .35 Wheeeeelan!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    You read my entry mentioning Sasha and Camille, and you pick the woman?
    The woman in the original post, Tourist, the woman in the original post. I would take the dog over Camille but that's sorta like trading one dog for another. What the hell was Charles thinkin? :1saufen:
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thumbs up

well now......Clean huh???
    OK..let's just say this....the blonde lady is......well......a hot 357 mag in my eye...BUT....now when you're talking that other raven-haird vixen < AKA Betty...and MIND YOU..I'm attempting to avoid a slap from everywhere/everybody> well.......she's a 40 M/M High Explosive..She just has that "twinkle" in her eye
    My nickel's worth.< and I'm running for cover now, AND spiders> LOL

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    acparmed, I definately believe that the pic of Betty is allot better. Seems to me that Betty is allot better"armed" than the blond. A lady doesn't especially have to be "under" dressed to be sexy. Give her a gun,knife,and ammo and she is sexy as hell IMHO. My thanks to Betty. I say this with all due respect.----

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Bumper,

It's still not a fair question. Betty will hunt me down like radar and finish me off like morning toast. Fear, brother, fear.

edit: And this may sound weird coming from a biker, with bikers having a long history of scantily clad babes draped on motorcycles--but there are places for this stuff. I'm surprised it's here, kidding aside.

Yeah, I know about the disclaimer. But this isn't Sturgis. BTW, the Dillon girl is a paid model.

If we were approached by aggressors at some gun show, women like Betty would be right at your side spitting lead, or possibly covering your back.

When the new Harley calendar came out, did I look? You bet, these are paid models. A forum, however, is an exchange of ideas.

In another forum, a combatant explained quelling the yips as "fighting insanity." Take a wild guess which window I would have pitched him through had we been in the same room. The answer is "the nearest."

My wife is a 6-foot blonde. In her younger years, every head turned when she crossed a room wearing high heels. She's also won a box full of awards for using her Masters Degree in speech pathology. There are doctors who consult her before re-constructive surgery.

Humor is subjective. I make jokes myself using the epithets like "blue eyed, Sicilian, crazy, biker, etc." Said for the sake of a joke, no problem.

But in a forum of ideas, the concept of "boobs=style point" is somehow out of line. If it offends even a biker's sensibilities, something is off the trolley.
    Last edited by The Tourist; April 13th, 2005 at 01:36 PM.

Administrator

The Tourist

Perhaps I should try to respond to your previous post since I was the one that posted this thread. Concerning "Gun Babes Of The Week" :
    It's just my opinion that every forum needs an "Off Topic" slightly fun and looser place for folks to kick their respective shoes off & relax a bit with other forum members. That's a good thing & helps to build camaraderie.
    It also provides a place for newly registered members and new shooters to get over their initial hesitation to begin posting...since it's a very casual forum area where there really are no specific "Right Or Wrong" answers.
    Basically, the photo that I put up is nothing more than an attractive face coupled with a pistol. It's not ever going to get any more "off color" than that.
    Beautiful women & firearms go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly these days. Exactly like the H.D. Biker Gals. This will (for sure) be much tamer than that.
    It's actually quite common all over the web & also in many of the Gun Magazines & Firearm Ad Posters that are put out by the various gun makers. Have you ever seen the GLOCK girl? She is a real "10" ~ In fact you can also go over to The American Derringer Corp. web site & there are various photos of "Lady Derringer" over there that constantly "pop~up" every time you click on a web page. It's all just in fun.
    I sell on Ebay & often ask a local Bombshell Faced girl to model my jewelry pieces for me.
    There is absolutely no better way to sell a high quality necklace than to show it placed around a beautiful neck.
    Please don't be concerned that this will (in any way) get out of hand.
    Also please remember that it's way down in the "Off Topic" section of the forum...so that any individual forum member that wants to stay forever "Exactly On Topic" need not ever click or look.
    I (probably more than anyone else here) am aware of the fact that Bumper is "The Man" ~ since I tend to sometimes unintentionally "push the envelope" but, I make a sincere effort to stay within the structured guidelines of forum etiquette. Which is no nudity ~ no profanity ~ no personal attacks ~ etc.
    I hope that you understand.
    Stay Safe.
    QKShooter.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I understand your position and the fact that jokes will be monitored and placed in this section of the forum. Despite the fact that Betty herself has posted that pic (and worse, I might add) she is not the one that posted it here in a thread marked "babes."

Consider a parallel. I make jokes at my own expense, and always will. Self-effacing humor shows the real calibre of a man. If a guy cannot see his own faults than he isn't safe to drink with.

That is a whole dimension different than saying, "Let's do a series of Italian jokes. Chico does it himself. Just to show our intent, we'll stick them in the 'humor section'..."

Betty hasn't weighed in on this, and I will not speak for her. For all I know, she's crapping a brick laughing. She's also a titled executive for a national magazine. They don't just hand those jobs out.

For the purposes of this debate, she's a "babe."

Yes, there is a calendar called "Packed and Stacked." Yes, I get the joke. I get the marketing campaign. I've even been to Sturgis, imagine that.

There's a line here, a very fine one. I just don't want to cross it for a few quick chuckles.

She's a snub nosed .38
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Assistant Administrator
    Wyatt - that'd be .38D I think!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Wyatt - that'd be .38D I think!
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Oh, I give up...

Betty, this Sicilian gentleman (using the term in its broadest sense) thinks you are a beautiful woman, a competent executive and person with a unique and biting sense of humor.

The notice of your pulchritude is not a slight.

I think most of these idiots believe the same thing.

They just drool like teenagers at their first prom and say "babe."

Administrator

Thumbs up Well, Next Week

Well, Next Week...I maybe think I'll just post a "Gun Individual" Of The Week.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    Oh, I give up...

I think most of these idiots believe the same thing.

They just drool like teenagers at their first prom and say "babe."
    The link to Betty's picture has been removed. That's about as far as my agreement with you goes. There is absolutely nothing risque about the photograph of the woman. And, frankly, I do find it weird coming from a biker as you said. The more liberal section of the population would have all men deny what images (mental or otherwise) we find pleasing. I haven't bought into that. We are certainly not one of those forums that allow anything obscene, profanity or anything else approaching that. Nor will we become that, in any way.

If Betty is offended by any reference to her, I hope she knows that she can let me know and I will remove all of it. I know of no member here that has anything other than the utmost respect for Betty. You have not cornered that market.

Anyone that feels offended by the photograph posted above should probably hit the back button and move on to another thread. They might also want to reflect on the magnitude of those things that "offend" them, IMHO.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

There is no right to not be offended, or we could really clean house. Think this is bad? Check out the "Girls 'N Guns section at SKSsurvivors....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Came back for "just a peek" and Betty was gone. What happened???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links