"Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week! - Page 3

"Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week!

This is a discussion on "Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ha, ha, ha. Ok, I had enough fun making you guys squirm. Here I am. Happy now?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week!

VIP Member
    Ha, ha, ha. Ok, I had enough fun making you guys squirm.

Here I am.

Happy now?
    Last edited by Betty; April 15th, 2005 at 11:55 AM.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Came back for "just a peek" and Betty was gone. What happened???
    Read my post just above yours. The same picture of Betty is posted in a recent thread (in fact it was IMG code linked to it) but I can't remember where exactly.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Ha, ha, ha. Ok, I had enough fun making you guys squirm.

Here I am.

Happy now?
    You know, I was wondering if you were doing that just because you had not weighed in on this little sensitivity therapy....

I was hoping you weren't offended, but if you ever are, I hope you know you just have to let me know.
    Bumper

Lead Moderator
    now there are 2 pretty ladies in this post. Glad I clicked on it.

We need more posts just like this. LOL

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Bumper,

I think you'd understand if a thread was started called "ladies guns," with the assumption that they don't have the strength or mechanical prowess to shoot a 'man's gun' without supervision. That was also a common man's view point.

Some one would snap, "We've come farther than that in thought."

And so, even a biker wonders if the excuse 'boys will be boys' covers all of our attitudes. Boys also used to make jokes about fat girls. In fact, we can't even use that epithet anymore without attracting the PC crowd.

Somewhere in our ranks is a male CCW contributor who is about 5'3" and weighs in at 140 pounds, soaking wet. Let me talk directly to him:

Hey there, Tiny, your slim build really makes clothes hang well on you. We really like your opinions here, so much in fact that we're going to put all of them in our 'humor' section. No offense, be a sport. Let me take you for a ride on my Harley so you can say you've been on one without getting hurt. Gee, I wish you could shoot my 45-70 Marlin Guide Gun, but we'd have to nail your feet down. Ha-ha, just kidding. Hey, you're so thin we posted a pic of you, hope you don't mind.

My point of view has nothing to do with being a biker. We've changed in our thinking, haven't we?

DC Founder
    You can continue to drag in "issues" and try to make us all sound like a bunch of neanderthals if you like, Tourist. You are not above us in your thought. Men sometimes think of women as "babes" just as women sometimes think of guys as "hunks". There's nothing wrong with that regardless of what you say. I'm not changing a thing in this forum, this thread or any post based on your argument. Drop it and move on, this is getting tiring.
    Bumper

VIP Member

Betty...about your "special bonus"....

Remember the words of Peter Parker's (Spiderman) Uncle Ben:

"With great power comes great responsibility!" :notworthy

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    My vote is "MORE BETTY PICS"(just as long as she is in posession of some of her weapons).When we first turn on our computers in the early AM we can come over here to take a peek,smile,and remember"way back when". I love ladies and weapons-----and have the utmost respect for them both. Hey,you can't fool with mother nature.

VIP Member
    Boys will be boys. As long as a thread keeps in good taste, I don't care. There's having a little class and then there's just being downright raunchy and tasteless. I've been whistled at and I've had a guy or two shout "nice buns" at me. Fine, okay. Most of the time I don't care, but I admit every 28 days or so it just might get on my nerves. Now, if you touch those nice buns, you'll see how fast it takes for me to eviscerate your hand.

My mother said, "Betty, those shorts are too short!" She'd dress me as a nun iuf she could.
    My grandmother said, "Show it while you got it!"

Before anyone complains about women reducing themselves to playthings by posing seminudeor nude with or without guns, remember that nobody forced these women to do it. They did it because they wanted to, because they had the power and freedom to do so. In other countries, they'd get stoned to death because they dare reveal a little skin on front of men not their husbands.

Does what these women do take the progress of women backwards? No. We have the power to make men drool and turn into our lapdogs by merely slipping on a high heel or flipping our hair. That is our advantage. Do some men respect women less because of pictures? Possibly. Those are the neanderthals, and there's not much you can do to help them.

Respecting women comes from how you're raised, how you've seen women treated, how women behave, etc. I've seen women called "bitchas" by "gangstas" - these women continue to hang out with these less-than-men, and the cycle continues. The men thinnk it's okay to call these women bitchas, because the women reward it by sticking around.

Women are treated as the "weaker sex" because it's been that way for generations - women relied on men for income and support and could not survive on their own. Heck, I've got a few Victorian-era books where the women are supposed to be weak and co-dependant. That's changing. Women are also considered weaker because overall, we are physically weaker and we're the soft emotional ones who scoop up kittens and cradle our kids while the big men stomp on bugs and kill things for dinner.
    When a man opens a door for me, he does it out of respect for a lady and a fellow human being, the same way he'd give his seat up to an elderly person. I don't find offense in it.

Sometimes men just don't know that certain things are offensive to women, adn the same things might offend one woman and not another. (After all, we are women, like you expect us to make up our minds? ) I have a few morerambling comments on "ladies guns,' but I need to get to work, so I'll be right back..

And now, back to you regularly sceduled Gun Babes thread...
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

Thanks Betty & Bumper

Anybody check out the latest Special K Cereal Box Yet?
    Oh My God!...& our kids are actually LOOKING at that in the morning!
    Close Your Eyes...Here She Comes!

You want gun babes? I give you GOOD gun babes!!!!
    Attached Images
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

VIP Member
    [Homer Simpson] MMMmmmm....Russian SNIPER Babes....[/Homer Simpson]

1952 - 2006
    Thank you for chiming in with your comments Betty. Personally, I agree with all that you said. Maybe for your benefit you should post a "Gun Hunk" of the week. After all we want to see some equality here, I'm not sure that any of us old guys would spend much time looking at it, but hey, post if you wish.

I'm not sure what Tourist is ranting about but Bumper gave him the final word to drop it.

I'm pleased that you took no offense to my posting of your picture. No slight was intended as you know from my previous PM. I just thought that showing a picture of a real gun babe was better than a fictitious one.

Allow me to say that Mr. Shonts is one lucky man, and that I like your attitude.

Stay Safe,
    Bob
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Mostly because I used to own one, I'd say the babe with the S&W has the model 459, or whatever model number they last attributed to their 14 shot 9mm autoloader.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links