"Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week! - Page 4

"Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week!

This is a discussion on "Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is that a Smith & Wesson 459? I can't really see it too well. I'm not sure I remember the hammer being that profile. It's ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Gun Babe" ~ Of The Week!

Administrator

Al Lowe

Is that a Smith & Wesson 459? I can't really see it too well.
    I'm not sure I remember the hammer being that profile.
    It's sure been a long while since I've seen one.
    To me my pictures always "view" as quite dark on my monitor even with my monitor being at its MAX Brightness setting.
    It's an ongoing problem with me and this particular computer/monitor?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Is that a Smith & Wesson 459? I can't really see it too well.
    I'm not sure I remember the hammer being that profile.
    It's sure been a long while since I've seen one.
    To me my pictures always "view" as quite dark on my monitor even with my monitor being at its MAX Brightness setting.
    It's an ongoing problem with me and this particular computer/monitor?
    It looks a LOT like the 459 to me. It might however, be one of the compact versions with a bobbed hammer. That one looks bobbed to me, now that I look at it again. It also looks like it's cocked too.

Administrator
    Actually, I have a keen fascination for documentary, portrait, MODERN & (for sure) even historical photos of females with firearms. Body nudity or "X~Rating" really has nothing at all to do with it & I'm sure not fanatical about it but, it's one of a thousand things that I'm interested in.
    I think since I spent years (in & out of school) doing portrait sculpture & tearing my hair out over the proper rendering of facial features ~ it is more those elusive faces in combo w/ the firearms.
    Fine Faces & Fine Firearms two of my great "loves in life" stuck together in photo emulsion. For me...it's a visual treat.
    I remember reading that (way back when) folks just could not get enough pictures of my girl Annie Oakley & so I guess the captivation goes way, way back!
    You folks are going to think I'm Bonkers but, to me Annie Oakley was the first true "Gun Babe" of her era ~ Search the web w/ Google Images for Annie Oakley. She is FANTASTIC!
    I actually have about 4 or 5 original, antique photos & some old reprints of my Dear Annie.
    One of these days I'll hafta dig them out of one of my boxes on the third floor & scan them for the gallery. Two of them I've never seen anywhere else before so I think they're quite rare. I'll never sell them though.
    Here are some taken from the web. Proof Positive that....
    The more things change...the more they stay the same!

VIP Member
    The 459 was in blue, brushed blue (FBI contract 803 made) or nickle.

What I can figure about this gun is this:

Brushed stainless finish
    Bobbed hammer
    4" barrel (The 3.5" barrels don't have so much protrusion past the frame.)
    Long extractor
    Drift adjustable rear sight (most likely the Novak sight)
    No ambi safety (most likely a DAO based on the hammer could still be a decocker model though)
    Grip panels and frame are 3rd generation.

In my mind that makes it a 59xx series gun. Still a double stack magazine and it came from the 659 series. Could be a 39xx series, but based on the frame I don't think it is.

What's all the noise about some babe/woman/girl whatever?

-Scott-

VIP Member
    Why on earth does this forum not have an edit button? My typos drive me nuts.

Just to add another thought:

The only person allowed to call me "baby" or "babe" is mrshonts. Others get ignored or get the Evil Betty Look™.

I thought you guys would get a big kick out of this section of an advertisement I saw. The wannabe-Bond & Bond-girl thing is hilarious.
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

Betty

That pic was great.
    Hey...I wanna be James Bond too!

I noticed that after a certain amount of time passes then the "Edit" feature goes away.
    I know that there were a couple of times that I wanted to correct a few misspielled wordes in some other past & previous posts & was not able to do it.

I think it does that because you could post a reply and then folks would respond & reply to your post & then ya could go and delete it or change it a few days later...& then no other readers would know what was going on.
    That's just my best guess.
    Maybe Bumper will hafta bump it off for you.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Why on earth does this forum not have an edit button? My typos drive me nuts.
    I never noticed it because I could always edit. I fixed it so you can edit your own posts indefinitely. I thought moderators could edit anything, anytime like I could but I guess it picked up the restriction from the default. Anyway, it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I thought you guys would get a big kick out of this section of an advertisement I saw. The wannabe-Bond & Bond-girl thing is hilarious.
    That's Lenny McGill and his wife. They put out a lot of tapes and CDs on guns, concealed carrying, etc. I have one of his tapes and it's not bad, although it is a little elementary if you have had experience in carrying. I may try one his advanced CDs sometime and see if it has anything I didn't already know, and I expect it does.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Pic is too large a file.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links