My first wound from a gun - Page 3

My first wound from a gun

This is a discussion on My first wound from a gun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guns will bite sometimes. I had a 12ga Remington 1100 bolt slam home on my pinky once while trying to clear the chamber of a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first wound from a gun

Guns will bite sometimes.

I had a 12ga Remington 1100 bolt slam home on my pinky once while trying to clear the chamber of a spent shell that the extractor slipped off of. It hurt and I bled a little.

All in good fun though. Pain builds character and it's a pretty good teacher too.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Moderator
    I'm cursed! Cursed, I say!

I've been trying to keep my gun shop/range job at least quiet from my other job. I have told only three people of my second occupation and things have gone well for the last month or so and who asks about band-aids on hands except for anti-gun liberals?!?!

So, I'm helping the most anti-gun guy in our division with some formating on his computer and he says, "What did you do to your hand?"

I, trying to be sly, but not lie, said, "Oh, it's a long story. I slipped."

He expressed more interest but after my continuing to avoid the subject he got the hint and said, "Well, if you don't want to talk about it, that's okay."

I had told the story to one of the three gals who know of my other occupation and she stuck her head in the conversation at JUST the wrong moment.

She says, "Did you tell him what your husband said?"

Well then I REALLY got a confused look from the guy.

So I told him the story and he politely nodded and gave one of those stiff smiles reserved for people who want to start screaming at you but know it's useless and so they pretend to be amused.

I don't really care, but I can see his opinion of me is already starting to morph. I'm no longer the sweet girl who helps him out of his computer troubles, I'm the gun-loving crazy! I've made his list of people to look over his shoulder for.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    that's too bad about your co-worker, as for slide bites they do smart don't they! When I was a Corpsman the Marines in my unit had an ongoing prank that consisted of someone sneaking up behind you and closing the slide of a M9 on your butt-cheek, afterword everyonone would laugh their butt off while you howled and grabbed your posterior.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links