Critter pics / Pet Thread: Dial Up Beware - Page 20

Critter pics / Pet Thread: Dial Up Beware

This is a discussion on Critter pics / Pet Thread: Dial Up Beware within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was sent by a man in Rhinelander, Wisconsin A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience! I saw this lil' ...

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Critter pics / Pet Thread: Dial Up Beware

This was sent by a man in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience! I saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car-- thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW!! A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Momma deer around. Another car nea rly hit it in front of me ....

Well, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', th at only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but we're going to send him to a Rehab farm. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep hi m tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either. Here are a couple of pictures to show you. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

This was e-mailed to me by my boss. I thought it was really cool.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

WOW! That albino is something else!
    Only seen pictures of stuffed ones before.
    Beautiful deer.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

This is harley. He is our 115lb mutt.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    WOW! That albino is something else!
    Only seen pictures of stuffed ones before.
    Beautiful deer.
    I've never even seen those. Wow, it's pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by 22RSSIX View Post
    This is harley. He is our 115lb mutt.

Lab and what's your best guess. He's a big one.

well his mom was is a 60lb shepard/collie mix or something like that. She had 9 pups and we got him.

As a pup he it looked like he had some newfoudland in him.

His mom was taken in as a stray. so we really dont know who the fater was.

but harley is the best. He only barks at people at the door or strangers who are in the house. The best security for us. and since he is big and black everyone is scared of him(even know he is a lapdog). I have had big guys walk off sidewalks when we get close just because of his size. we also trained him to ring the bells on the door to go out.

VIP Member
    The latest picture of my girls:
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

we also trained him to ring the bells on the door to go out.
    Now that's a neat trick. I'm still working on Sophie asking to go out. She knows going out means going to potty and go for walks, but hasn't got the part where she'll come let you know. She's started sitting by the door or going to the door when I enter the room. If I'm in the next room -- well.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    The latest picture of my girls:
    What breed are they, Betty?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Now that's a neat trick. I'm still working on Sophie asking to go out. She knows going out means going to potty and go for walks, but hasn't got the part where she'll come let you know. She's started sitting by the door or going to the door when I enter the room. If I'm in the next room -- well.

We first learned of this from some neighbors. We lived on the 3rd floor and the couple across from us had two big labs as well. They told us about it and we gave it a shot.

Since we were on the 3rd floor we walked harley on a schedule for the most part. Morning as soon as we got up, a few times during the day and once before bed. Before taking him out we just put his nose to the bells and before we knew it he was doing it. and a dog treat when we got back in. However when ever he seen a dog outside he would go to the door and ring the bells.... but we would take him down and he would still potty. He was raised on the 3rd floor and he only had 3 accidents. One was on the first night we had him. I could not get my shoes on fast enough. the other i walked him and he P'd but no #2, I went back in and cought him poopin. the 3rd he was sick and made it outside for most of it....

VIP Member
    What breed are they, Betty?
    The little fuzzball on the left is four-pounds of pure pomeranian. She came from my husband's boss, who just didn't want her anymore. She was already named Carolina, but after some people made fun of the fact her name is longer than she is big, I gave her the full name of Princess Carolina Fuzzybottoms.

dislikes: having her fuzzy bottom brushed

The one on the right is a 30-pound All American Mystery Mutt. I think she may be a red cattle dog mix. She was adopted from a rescue place. Her name is Tanner.

dislikes: water
    640girl likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Had to post this....I couldn't help it
    My son and his wife's 6 mo pit 10-8 on my coutch
    guard dog (he really just woke up from his nap)
    But he does look the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    The little fuzzball on the left is four-pounds of pure pomeranian. She came from my husband's boss, who just didn't want her anymore. She was already named Carolina, but after some people made fun of the fact her name is longer than she is big, I gave her the full name of Princess Carolina Fuzzybottoms.

dislikes: having her fuzzy bottom brushed

The one on the right is a 30-pound All American Mystery Mutt. I think she may be a red cattle dog mix. She was adopted from a rescue place. Her name is Tanner.

dislikes: water
    I thought she was Pomeranian, but wasn't sure. Yeah, the great American Mystery Mutt, they somehow lot of times turn out to be some of the best dogs that you ever have.

We first learned of this from some neighbors. We lived on the 3rd floor and the couple across from us had two big labs as well. They told us about it and we gave it a shot.

Since we were on the 3rd floor we walked harley on a schedule for the most part. Morning as soon as we got up, a few times during the day and once before bed. Before taking him out we just put his nose to the bells and before we knew it he was doing it. and a dog treat when we got back in. However when ever he seen a dog outside he would go to the door and ring the bells.... but we would take him down and he would still potty. He was raised on the 3rd floor and he only had 3 accidents. One was on the first night we had him. I could not get my shoes on fast enough. the other i walked him and he P'd but no #2, I went back in and cought him poopin. the 3rd he was sick and made it outside for most of it....

I had a German Shepherd that had been raised in a apartment and only went out for business. After I got him and put him outside for the day he broke in the house 3 times before he got used to being out for awhile.

I have trained all 3 of mine to do the same...Ring the Bell. It only 3-4 times for them to get it right. The way I did it.........Get them excited about going outside. When they are at the door all wired up, MAKE them ring the bell FIRST......even if you have gently take their nose in your hand and ring the bell with it. AS SOON AS the bell rings, give lots of "good boy/girl" and open the door rite then. the whole time giving praise (act VERY excited when the bell rings). I didnt use treats for the bell because IMPO the treat is them going outside. That way they dont associate the bell with a treat and just ring it for the treat.
    I even used this to train my Chiahuahua, and you know how hard it can be to train one of those. It took 2 times and she had it down......she liked the praise so much that she rang it every 5 min for the next week.LOL
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Sponsored Links