Some Southern Humor
This is a discussion on Some Southern Humor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Black Boxes in 4-wheel Drives
The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the US auto makers for the ...
May 25th, 2007 11:25 AM
Some Southern Humor
Black Boxes in 4-wheel Drives
The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the US auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four-wheel drive pickup trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.
They were surprised to find in 40 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh, [expletive deleted]!"
Only the states of Georgia, Florida, North and South Carolina, Mississippi, Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas and Tennessee were different, where over 89.3 percent of the final words were: "Hold my beer and watch this."
Things a True Southerner Knows:
- The difference between a hissie fit and a conniption.
- Pretty much how many fish make up a mess.
- What general direction Cattywumpus is.
- That "gimme sugar" don't mean "pass me the sugar."
- That when somebody's "fixin" to do something, it won't be long.
- How good a cold grape Nehi and cheese crackers are at a country store.
- Ain't nobody's biscuits like Grandma's biscuits!
- A good dog is worth its weight in gold.
- Real gravy don't come from the store.
- When "by and by" is.
- How to handle their "pot likker".
- The difference between "pert near" and "a right far piece."
- The differences between a redneck, a good ol' boy, and white trash.
- At one point learned what happens when you swallow tobacco juice.
- Never to assume that the other car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.
- You may wear long sleeves, but you should always roll 'em up past the elbows.
- You should never lend your tools, pick-up, or gun to nobody.
- A belt serves a greater purpose than holding Daddy's pants up.
- Rocking chairs and swings are guaranteed stress relievers.
- Rocking chairs and swings with an old person in them are history lessons
You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
May 25th, 2007 11:33 AM
I resemble that remark! LOL
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
May 25th, 2007 12:00 PM
Damndable lie, I would never hand "my" cold beer to anyone, Heck that's why they make those hats with beer holders and a plastic straw. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!!!!!
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
------------- My CCW ----------------
No Guns Here Boss
I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea
May 25th, 2007 12:09 PM
God bless us Southern boys (and girls) but you forgot a few...
A Southerner knows...
...what someone means when they say "I know that kid frontwards and backwards"
...what it means when someone says "I'll hit ya with both barrells!"
...words like warsh (or worsh - depending on what part of the South you are from), rinch, and tump (Go warsh/worsh and rinch yer hands - and don't tump over the gravy!)
...when a child asks their dady for permission to do something, the daddy always says, "Go ask yer momma."
...then the momma always says, "Go ask yer daddy."
May 25th, 2007 12:55 PM
We also know that a fully descriptive plan of action is contained in the phrase: "Tell you whut!"
"We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters
May 25th, 2007 02:02 PM
21. They know the difference between hollar and holler
"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
May 25th, 2007 11:49 PM
I ask for sweet tea here and they say there is sugar on the table... /hangs head
May 26th, 2007 12:25 AM
Good stuff. If 'Ebonics' is a separate language course, 'redneck' should be also.
The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD
May 26th, 2007 12:59 AM
When I lived in Arkansas briefly, that is one word of wisdom my sister gave me soon as I got there. Heres another:
Originally Posted by Miggy
Beans at a restaurant refer to black-eyed, not green or baked.
May 26th, 2007 01:12 AM
Fried is NOT a dirty word.
May 26th, 2007 01:47 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing?
Originally Posted by Smooth23
If it weren't for us Southern boys Lipitor never would'a been invented ... we're the reason it's profitable! (yes, I take it)
By tomphilly in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: December 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
By DarwinsFool in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: October 24th, 2009, 03:27 AM
By Jhoffma2 in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: October 9th, 2009, 11:41 AM
By Secesh in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: December 11th, 2006, 11:04 AM
By 4my sons in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: March 16th, 2006, 05:06 PM