Found a deal today

Found a deal today

This is a discussion on Found a deal today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; On my usual Saturday treasure hunts, I come across some pretty good deals on pistols and things. Since I have just put a XD in ...

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

Found a deal today

On my usual Saturday treasure hunts, I come across some pretty good deals on pistols and things. Since I have just put a XD in layaway I wasn't doing more than checking up and seeing what was around. My uncle is always checking out the DVDs at the pawn shops and I kill time by browsing around. I found a 60 gig Ipod and got out the door for $108.00 It had no charger or docking cord but I found a car charger that doubles as a docking cord for my laptop all in one at circurt city and got it for $20.00 I was checking the new ones and they were going for around $250.00 And it had gobs of songs on it. But with Ipods when you connect to a computer to manage the music it didn't recognize me and I had to reformat and loose them all. I thought about later of how I might have been able to play them through my laptop and record them. Oh well, I reformatted and put around 1600 songs on it and it's still only a fraction full. wow! It connects to the AUX stero plug in my truck and it sounds great. My son tells me to check on the back of my radio unit and see if it has a CD deck plug. (it has a 6 disk changer in dash) If so then I can control it with the button on the steering wheel. How'd I do?

sound like ya made out well.. to late to help ya now but Ipod liberator will allow you to download the music to a new computer and upload your tunes tot he ipod with out erasing it

Lead Moderator
    Sounds like you did well!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Sounds good to me. Can't argue with half price for something like that.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I have 2700 songs equalling about 41 days of music running up just under 10GB.
    60GB is plenty enough.

Did you know there is a cool hack where you can use 'notes' in the iPod menu to store documents and other pages of data, using the iPod like a PDA.

I think I saw it at Lifehacker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    sound like ya made out well.. to late to help ya now but Ipod liberator will allow you to download the music to a new computer and upload your tunes tot he ipod with out erasing it
    Oh gee, I only wish I'd waited a little bit longer before feformatting the thing. It had over 2000 songs on it that I mostly don't have. And it seemed like a southern girl or boy owned it before, just by looking at the music lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I have 2700 songs equalling about 41 days of music running up just under 10GB.
    60GB is plenty enough.

Did you know there is a cool hack where you can use 'notes' in the iPod menu to store documents and other pages of data, using the iPod like a PDA.

I think I saw it at Lifehacker.com
    I'm still learning what all you can do with it and how to do it. I've sorta wanted one but at around $300.00 I wasn't too anxious to see if I liked one that much or not. My son loves his, and I liked the way his worked. I wasn't ready to jump out there and get one right away.

Awww, I thought it was gonna be a gun story. I feel somehow cheated. Great deal though.

Links