"Mad Max" fans arrested for re-creation

This is a discussion on "Mad Max" fans arrested for re-creation within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; link 'Mad Max' Fans, Armed With Fake Guns, Arrested for Surrounding Tanker Truck in Scene Re-creation Associated Press SAN ANTONIO - Apr 18, 2005 *Eleven ...

Thread: "Mad Max" fans arrested for re-creation

VIP Member

"Mad Max" fans arrested for re-creation

link

'Mad Max' Fans, Armed With Fake Guns, Arrested for Surrounding Tanker Truck in Scene Re-creation

Associated Press

SAN ANTONIO - Apr 18, 2005 *Eleven "Mad Max" fans armed with fake machine guns were arrested after they surrounded a tanker truck while making their way to a movie marathon in a theatrical convoy.

As the group headed to San Antonio on Saturday, police received several calls from drivers who reported a "militia" surrounding a tanker truck.

Police charged nine people with obstruction of a highway and two others with possession of prohibited knives in addition to the obstruction charge.

One of the organizers, Chris Fenner, said the arrests were unfair. He said he didn't know why anyone would have confused the costumed crew recreating a scene from "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior" set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland with a real threat.

"I honestly don't know how that could be, because 'Road Warrior' was so over the top," he said.

The movie marathon was canceled after the arrests.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Evidently, we don't need another hero.

This is simply a case of the bronze over-reacting. However, members of the Main Force Patrol are discouraged from using the term 'bronze' when referring to members of the Main Force Patrol.

But that's how things happen. A piece from here, a piece from there. You've seen it, you've heard it.

I say, kick it in the guts.

Light me up.

When do we go for a ride.

VIP Member
    They should have been driving through Houston...wouldn't have been unusual enough to be noticed or reported!

Houston? Too hot and muggy. Better to wait until after sunset.

I am the night rider.

As you can tell, I was a great fan of the series, while not so much of "Thunderdome."

Some guys go out and get the poster of the movie. I bought a car. I had a 1989 black 5.0 Mustang with ground effects. My intent was to buy the pieces and build the car, with a functional blower. (The blower on the movie car was a fake, and turned by an electric motor.)

http://www.madmaxcars.com/kit/

You can still buy the kits and the completed cars, although the cost of shipping them from Australia is quite intense. I never finished my Ford, which my wife referred to as "garage furniture." It seems that for every hour I drove it, I waxed it for two.

Still, there was nothing like getting thatbig motor spinning on the Interstate, shifting it down into third and springing the clutch. I wish STi's would have been around then.

Talking

If they cancelled the "Movie Marathon" because "eleven" attendees were jailed, there must not have been much of an expected turnout....these bad boys could've saved themselves a lot of trouble by just going over to one of their own houses for the "marathon"....okay, okay, they could drive around the block in formation and give the neighbors something to talk about!!!

I'm sure she'd be glad to have the business.

Why don't you take two weeks off, grow yourself a beard. If you still feel the same, maybe I'll go with you.

I'll add it to my file.

Links