Any Photographers out there????

This is a discussion on Any Photographers out there???? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thanks bro!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Photographers out there????

Thanks bro!
    JJ Honeycutt- GodGunsGlory.com

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GodGunsGlory View Post
    I am sooo far from old skool it's not even funny. I am a straight up rookie.
    I see so many younger students that have RAW talent and click like mad. They love it. Intall some basic principles and watch out.

No Prb

Thanks bro!

Lead by example. Drive the standards up with great images.

I think I get my eye for framing an image from my experience in art. I painted a lot in high school and even got a four year art scholarship. I ended up turning it down and joined the Army instead. Guess I wanted to see the world a bit before college.

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

funny

I think I get my eye for framing an image from my experience in art. I painted a lot in high school and even got a four year art scholarship. I ended up turning it down and joined the Army instead. Guess I wanted to see the world a bit before college.

I was signing up for the airforce and got an artschool scholorship out of the blue (had to take art in highschool). A mean old nun turned me on to something I had no idea about. Go figure.

This guy is on XDtalk...ever see his pics? Dodge and burn. Hes pretty good.

Last edited by zero; June 1st, 2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: more

The scholarship I had was to Western Montana College in Dillon, MT. I really just wanted to get out of Montana for awhile. I really wonder about all the cool stuff I could've learn, but I would never trade my Army experience for it. The Army kicked my butt and taught me some serious life lessons. Unfortunately I really haven't gotten back into painting again. I tried a painting about 3 years ago and just didn't feel good about it. I should really give er another try.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post

Those are nice! I loved my sub-compact XD 40. I just sold it recently. I am going to buy another one in the 4 inch model.

no regrets

The scholarship I had was to Western Montana College in Dillon, MT. I really just wanted to get out of Montana for awhile. I really wonder about all the cool stuff I could've learn, but I would never trade my Army experience for it. The Army kicked my butt and taught me some serious life lessons. Unfortunately I really haven't gotten back into painting again. I tried a painting about 3 years ago and just didn't feel good about it. I should really give er another try.
    Don't think backwards...you are who you are because of your life experiences. Painting was a sign that you're creative. Your images in here and your site is proof your still doing the "creative thing".

Mediums change....so do people. No change is scarey.

JJ, I also paint.

I got into digital photography about a year and half ago. I had an older Minolta film body, so I went with a Konica-Minolta 7D. Nice camera, but about 2 months after I got it K-M got out of the photography business, so I can't get accessories for the camera anymore. I know Sony makes D-SLR's now with the Minolta Lens mount, but I wanted some stuff specific to the camera, like the vertical grip, remote shutter release, etc. Oh well, when I'm ready for a new body I think I'll go with a Canon or Nikon even if that means buying new lenses, at least I'd be able to get the stuff I need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post

Those are great.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Npete7381 View Post
    I got into digital photography about a year and half ago. I had an older Minolta film body, so I went with a Konica-Minolta 7D. Nice camera, but about 2 months after I got it K-M got out of the photography business, so I can't get accessories for the camera anymore. I know Sony makes D-SLR's now with the Minolta Lens mount, but I wanted some stuff specific to the camera, like the vertical grip, remote shutter release, etc. Oh well, when I'm ready for a new body I think I'll go with a Canon or Nikon even if that means buying new lenses, at least I'd be able to get the stuff I need for it.
    I'm sure you can find stuff for your 7D on eBay, Cameta Camera (outstanding shop), or KEH. I purchased my Dynax 7 (Maxxum 7 for the Euro market) on eBay as well as nearly all of my equipment.

If you do get rid of your 7D or other KM/Minolta stuff, let me know!!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    I'm sure you can find stuff for your 7D on eBay, Cameta Camera (outstanding shop), or KEH. I purchased my Dynax 7 (Maxxum 7 for the Euro market) on eBay as well as nearly all of my equipment.

If you do get rid of your 7D or other KM/Minolta stuff, let me know!!
    Yeah, I found a vertical grip on eBay once, but they were asking quite a bit more than I wanted to pay.

I absolutly love my D80. I like it better than the Cannon 400d because the nikon will take almost 2000 shots on a single battery charge. The cannon only gets 600.

Great camera and quality for the price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links