Any Photographers out there????

This is a discussion on Any Photographers out there???? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just wondering if there where any photo enthusiasts out there besides me. I bought my first Digital SLR (Nikon D50) camera last year and learned ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Photographers out there????

Just wondering if there where any photo enthusiasts out there besides me. I bought my first Digital SLR (Nikon D50) camera last year and learned very quickly. I have been toying with the idea of a upgrade to a D80 but haven't made up my mind.

I just started a Photoblog recently using PixelPost and am happy with the results. If you have a sec head over to www.cuttmedia.com/pixelpost to check out some of my shots. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated.

If anyone else has a photoblog share the link! I would love to see what kind of pics ya'll are shooting.
    JJ Honeycutt- GodGunsGlory.com

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

Senior Moderator
    Where's Chris? He's a fabulous photographer!!

I would like to get into it but I'll be honest, my husband is a far better photographer than I am.

VIP Member
    Love photography; at nearly any gathering I go to, I become the unofficial photographer......I haven't embraced digital yet as I'm waiting for the latest models by Sony (I have a slew of fast Konica-Minolta Maxxum lenses and accessories). I do have some older Nikon AF equipment including an F100 35mm camera and first generation 80-200mm f/2.8 AF lens.

Tomorrow is a buddy's promotion ceremony to LT COL; I'll be there with a smile on my face and camera in hand....

Very nice photos by the way!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    lima - flattery will get you everywhere

Well - I spent many years doing B/W freelance work (film and darkroom stuff) and since simply enjoy everything to do with images - now all digital. Can't say as I have a blog for pics only, altho I have many stored on my servers. I and others have some pics in the ''Critter Pics'' thread I started

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25906

And I have some gun pics (not all perfect by any means) on my Gobango site

I also made up a small site ages ago to try and help folks starting off .. Here
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This is spooky JJ, you and I are like long lost brothers.

Love photography, have been shooting for years. Havent graduated to digital yet but plan to. I will check out your site bro.

Nice work, as expected bro.

I been shooting with a D70 for a couple years now. Love that camera...eventually I will upgrade. I teach the medium, both old school chemical and digital. Many students of mine have D50's, its a great camera. Upgrade is a personal preference. I'm starting to move into digital video/film now as well...should be an adventure.

A quick tip on how to shoot great pictures....shoot a lot and edit. Digital allows one to shoot many and edit quickly without serious financial investment in developing.
    Last edited by zero; May 31st, 2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    This is spooky JJ, you and I are like long lost brothers.

Love photography, have been shooting for years. Havent graduated to digital yet but plan to. I will check out your site bro.
    Man, I love digital. It's so easy. I take hundreds of photos everytime I bust out my camera. A buddy of mine just started out and bought himself a a Nikon D80 and loves it. We actually do a guys night out where we go down to Northern Lights Brewery, eat some of the World's best Chicken Wings, have a tasty brew, and later go out and take long exposure night shots of Spokane. We are actually planning on it Friday night!

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Nice shots
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I been shooting with a D70 for a couple years now. Love that camera...eventually I will upgrade. I teach the medium, both old school chemical and digital. Many students of mine have D50's, its a great camera. Upgrade is a personal preference. I'm starting to move into digital video/film now as well...should be an adventure.

A quick tip on how to shoot great pictures....shoot a lot and edit. Digital allows one to shoot many and edit quickly without serious financial investment in developing.
    Zero, I used to do freelance videography (mainly weddings) before I just got sick and tired of the bridezillas. Didn't make much money but it paid for my equipment. I actually sold all my stuff but I used a Canon GL2 and Sennheiser mics. I edited my footage with Sony Vegas. It's really fun but very time consuming. I enjoy digital photography much more.

I am. I love shooting photos. I'm an amateur, of course. I use a Canon Rebel XT with a few lenses and other things to go with it.

I have some random photos here... http://www.darkvibe.org

Great Shots Vibe! I love the long exposure of the bridge.

Thanks. I should get a new host and add some more to the gallery. The current host canceled my plan so I'm waiting for the site to go dead any day now.

GogGunsGlory,

I have friends that tell me wild stories of the wedding photo scene. Sounds like a total stressed out freak show.

I have always been into photo. Sculpture is my discipline and had to take images for shows etc. Eventually I shot more and more studio/documentary stuff eventually expanding my teaching area.

This whole new digital era is exciting...so instant and yet still takes old school skills/understanding. We landed a handfull of smaller camcorders for classes and a Canon XL2 which I don't know how to use yet. I'm in the process of learning the "latest greatest" software. I agree with you..it is time consuming. Still amazing though...anyone can do this stuff now...actually SO MANY are doing some form of digital now. Expression is a good thing. Creativity is part of the soul that is highly underestimated.

PS. I dig you avatare...you make it? Good clean effective design.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    so instant and yet still takes old school skills/understanding.
    People don't realize that. I shoot raw mostly for white balance correction after the fact. My dad, who has a LOT of darkroom experience can look at a photo and adjust the cyan, magenta and yellow to correct it. It baffles me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links