'Monster Pig' Not a Hoax, Not Feral Either

This is a discussion on 'Monster Pig' Not a Hoax, Not Feral Either within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Muzz Nothing like a fair chase and a quick, humane kill... What a great 'father-son bonding experience'. No animal deserves to die ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Monster Pig' Not a Hoax, Not Feral Either

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Nothing like a fair chase and a quick, humane kill...

What a great 'father-son bonding experience'.

No animal deserves to die like that.
    I'm one of those rare guys who is neither a hunter, nor anti-hunting. It's just not for me. (Maybe some day I'll give it a shot. I gave it up after hurting birds and squirrels needlessly when I was a kid.)

But I really dislike what went on with this pig. It's sad. It's wrong.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    If I read the report elsewhere correctly it was a pet pig that was sold to the hunting establishment, during his life as a pet he would routinely allow cats to lay with him. Sounds like a nice guy.
    The hunting consisted of shooting him every time he came up to the feed station.
    If all of that is true, then the people who sold the pig out, and everyone connected with the hunt, ought to be vilified for what they did. This is just deplorable.

These people are virtually celebrities now, even been on talk shows, right?; and now like a week after the mainstream media jumped on the story -- OBVIOUSLY without fully checking into it -- the rest of the story comes out. Stuff that should've been found out earlier before they plastered this all over the internet and t.v.

The news media are incompetent idiots, so hungry for a sensational story that they shirk their duties as journalists. So what else is new.

Hey, did you hear about these new plastic and ceramic pistols, (called "Glorks," I think) that can pass through airport security undetected?! The terrorists have the factory on back-order, they're so popular! At least, according to what I read in the newspaper and saw on t.v. last night.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    If I read the report elsewhere correctly it was a pet pig that was sold to the hunting establishment, during his life as a pet he would routinely allow cats to lay with him. Sounds like a nice guy.
    The hunting consisted of shooting him every time he came up to the feed station.
    That's even more disgusting than before, unfortunatly there are no wild hog hunting reg's here in Alabama. But then again that was hunting it sounds more like shooting cows in a pasture.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

But then again that was hunting it sounds more like shooting cows in a pasture.
    That's kind of how you hunt buffalo here; you buy the animal at the current market price, then the outfitter turns it loose in a hilly 10,000 acre pasture.
    A week or so later you go find it and shoot it.

Not quite the same thing as the kids hog "hunt" but still not what is considered traditional hunting.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I hope that if (or when) they eat it every bite tastes like crap.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

did you read some of the bad comments on that page? How can anyone speak to an 11 yr old like that....some real sick stuff.
    God Bless America!!

It sounds like there will be many regrets all around. It's truly a shame that something this distasteful was sponsored by a parent.
    The media is all about $. Reporters aren't what they used to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links