Stupid gun videos on YouTube

This is a discussion on Stupid gun videos on YouTube within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was visiting another site and ran across a link to a video featuring some real marksmen and their choice of firearms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-JiD3-sR2M&NR=1 These guys ...

Thread: Stupid gun videos on YouTube

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

Stupid gun videos on YouTube

I was visiting another site and ran across a link to a video featuring some real marksmen and their choice of firearms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-JiD3-sR2M&NR=1

These guys basically take video of themselves shooting at an indoor range and then add some crappy (as if there is any good) rap music to it. Now this is entertainment!

The first guy is shooting a Glock 26 at a body target from 7 yards. He had a very impressive 12'' group. Wow I think I could learn something here.

The others were shooting and AK and an AR from the same 7 yards. They didn't show the groups here, but I bet they were impressive as well.

All in all I gave the video a BIG .

I guess I just don't understand.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

2. Remove Ads

It's them trying to be macho and show off by the fact that they have and shoot firearms.

Interesting to note thrir still picture of an AR had something like a EOtech on it, and then when they were shooting it it was a cheaper looking red dot. He had pretty slow follow ups too for a red dot and forward grip. Or just for an AR in general.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Wow... that's... terrible. I especially love that "pro" at about 1:23 or so whos sticking his right arm out like he's ready for takeoff.

And all this at my old stomping ground!!! Blue Ridge Arsenal!!!! For shame!!! I should shoot them an e-mail and let 'em know there's a youTube video out there like this that is dragging their name...
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

There is a whole lot of videos on youtube showing morons with guns. With some of the vids I've seen there it's no wonder some people think gun owners are crazy and dangerous. It's truly pathetic.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    It's them trying to be macho and show off by the fact that they have and shoot firearms.

Interesting to note thrir still picture of an AR had something like a EOtech on it, and then when they were shooting it it was a cheaper looking red dot. He had pretty slow follow ups too for a red dot and forward grip. Or just for an AR in general.

To be fair, lots of ranges require slow fire only. Really sucks too.

All in all these boys need more practice. Least they were not acting completly stupid like you can see in some other videos of Mall Ninjas in training.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Assistant Administrator
    Those type vids irritate the dodo outa me ........ as much as anything because it shows the down side of shooters. The sort that the ''outside world'' loves to pick on and villify.

All they seem to want is to stroke their ego's - impress buddies and girl friends .. with little importance placed on safety and true skills. They do the rest of us a severe disservice.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

JD
    Administrator
    What's the point of shooting a scoped AR at 7 yards?

I could do better with a straw and spit balls that that dope with his Glock. How do you miss the target area of a full B-Mod at 7 yards?

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    The anti's see this and run with it. They tell everyone that this is how all gun owners act. The noise they had playing, idiots shooting scoped rifles at 7 yards, they group us all into the same mold. The only good thing I saw was the target of Bin Hidin they were shooting at.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Links