Dangerous Civil War Relic In Kalispell, Montana

This is a discussion on Dangerous Civil War Relic In Kalispell, Montana within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There is a letter to the editor in today's edition of the Kalispell Daily Interlake from a soccer mom complaining about an old Civil War ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Civil War Relic In Kalispell, Montana

1943 - 2009

There is a letter to the editor in today's edition of the Kalispell Daily Interlake from a soccer mom complaining about an old Civil War cannon that is on display at the entrance to a city park. This is an old 12-pounder naval cannon, just a hunk of iron and brass, on a wooden carriage, that's been there longer than anyone can remember. It has received hundreds of coats of paint over the years, and the bore is plugged.

This lady writes, in true hoplophobe fashion (and I'm not making this up) that she was driving with her 4 year old son last fall when he said "Mommy, look at that BIG gun"!

Her words now: "Disturbed, I looked over to see the cannon in ******** Park was pointed towards our vehicle! My heart sank and a sick feeling came over my entire body".

She goes on to say that in January, she enrolled her son at ********Montessori and was "shocked to find that this same cannon is pointed directly at the school playground"!

She babbles on for several more paragraphs, saying things like "I do not want a cannon pointed at children", "why are we pointing a gun at our children"?, "why is the cannon there"?, "shouldn't we do everything to ensure our children feel safe"? and "we should not have this cannon positioned within view of the children or the road".

She goes on to propose that the cannon be repositioned or relocated as soon as possible, because it is a "historical monument". She finishes by asking "What is your choice? My hope is that it is for the children".

For the children. Where have we heard that before?

I just can't understand how anyone can go through life with such an irrational fear of an inanimate object. I'll bet there are no guns in this ladie's house!

I briefly toyed with the thought of writing my own letter to the editor in rebuttal, but I decided it's not worth the effort. Nothing will change this 's mind.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Assistant Administrator
    My heart sank and a sick feeling came over my entire body
    Oh my - I weep for the suffered trauma this poor lady has suffered ..... let her be thankful she was not around during the civil war to see the thing actually in use.

How much more ''for the children'' can we get I wonder - this certainly is about the lamest I have heard yet
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

JD
    Administrator
    Baahhhhhdddd cannon.

Reminds me of the South Park episode showing the oral bowl movemnets....

The things that come out of some peoples mouths is astounding.

It's how many years old? With the bore plugged, like it's just going to go off one day and launch a ball through the school.

That's like saying the satue of Rocky Balboa is going to come alive and mug a tourist in Philly.

She sounds like a transplant from Kalifornia. She's either ignorant or stupid. Also, a less than stellar history student. With enough parents like this, the next generation is doomed.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    God save her, she sure would not ever save her self. I wonder if her hart sinks when she sees a police officer as he has a gun even if it is not pointed at her. What a spineless nation we are becoming.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Lead Moderator
    I wish I was her neighbor, I would purchase and aim a cannon right at her house.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

JD
    Administrator
    LMAO, I really dig the new avatar...

Haw about a Howitzer?

Got to be a transplanted Kalifornian. They messed things so bad at home they had to leave. Now they want to re-make the place they moved to in Kalifornias' image.

"Disturbed, I looked over to see the soccer mom in ******** Park was pointed towards our vehicle! My heart sank and a sick feeling came over my entire body".

"shocked to find that this same soccer mom is pointed directly at the school playground"!

"I do not want a soccer mom pointed at children", "why are we pointing a soccer mom at our children"?, "why is the soccer mom there"? and "we should not have this soccer mom positioned within view of the children or the road".
    Fixed.

How about a really authentic looking medieval era catapult, loaded and pointed at her house?

Better yet, a model of a fort, complete with firing ports (toy guns included).

Makes me ALMOST wish I was her neighbor...

Is this woman for real??? What would she do if she found what went on in the real world?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Is this woman for real??? What would she do if she found what went on in the real world?
    She would demand legislation to regulate it...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

JD
    Administrator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    That much clarity in an anti would only result in one thing.

She'd buy a gun and become a member of this forum.

VIP Member
    My question is:

Why do we allow women like this to reproduce?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post

"Disturbed, I looked over to see the soccer mom in ******** Park was pointed towards our vehicle! My heart sank and a sick feeling came over my entire body".

"shocked to find that this same soccer mom is pointed directly at the school playground"!

"I do not want a soccer mom pointed at children", "why are we pointing a soccer mom at our children"?, "why is the soccer mom there"? and "we should not have this soccer mom positioned within view of the children or the road".

Fixed.
    And she's probably loaded, OMG!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links