I need to rant

This is a discussion on I need to rant within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So a little background first. I work at night in Pittsburgh, same job I've had for coming up on three years. I've parked in the ...

Thread: I need to rant

I need to rant

So a little background first.

I work at night in Pittsburgh, same job I've had for coming up on three years. I've parked in the same parking spot (+/- a space or to) the entire time.

Last night I showed up at 8:00 PM and had to park a little closer to the street than normal. This irked me a bit (I'm a real creature of habit) and I had planned on moving my car later in the evening but work got int the way. So when I was headed to my car at 4:00 I noticed something odd, the drivers side window was smashed.

Now I'm not pissed about the $$ value or anything since that's what insurance is for but they stole a new versapack I just bought. The contents of which were my spare mag for my weapon, my Bible and some other misc items. The pack, the mag and the Bible really pissed me off. Even worse I don't think the alarm went off.

Well I feel better just getting it off my chest.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Well that just sucks, it's tough and a real feeling of being violated when someone takes your stuff, but the bright side, you were not hurt, and that stuff can be replaced.

Keep your chin up,
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    "Only" property true but I too would be sore as heck at such an event.

The feeling of intrusion and violation is hard to express - the worst aspect being that usually the perp is an unseen, unknown individual - and you cannot get hold of them to wring their neck!

Had a similar event myself in City of London many years ago ....... of course no cuprit ever found.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Keep a good eye out next time you go to church.

You'll probably see the person that swiped it......................using it.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ View Post
    Keep a good eye out next time you go to church.

You'll probably see the person that swiped it......................using it.
    He needs to be using it!

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary:
    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:19-21

I know it is hard but God will take care of your bibles new owner.
    BE

Kimber Ultra Eclipse .45
    XD 9 Service
    Beretta Cheetah FS 86 .380
    Springfield UC .45
    XD 45 Compact

Make sure you didn't have any keys or identifying information stolen. While it was probably just a junkie looking for a few quick bucks, it is better to be safe.

My wife's car was broken into a few months ago. It definitely makes a person feel violated. I started to consider getting my permit after this event.

Eventually, he will succumb to the occupational hazard of being a petty thug, be it at the hands of another thug or a carrying citizen.

They left the spare keys to my wife's vehicle (found them on the drivers seat), they missed my emergency cash and the registration etc was under the steering wheel and were untouched.

They broke the window and got away with nothing of real value to them. I checked the dumpsters and trash cans in the area but the garbage truck had already been through at that point.

The LEO who took the report was a nice guy and collected the brick as evidence (not that I expect anything to come of it but Murphy can bite everyone in the arse occasionally). I have a friend who is a bike cop in the area and he said he was surprised it hadn't happened before now. I think the thing that pisses me off the most is they took my Bible. Who steals a Bible. I'm not a ultra Christian or anything but that's just wrong no matter how you slice it.

Picture here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...5208425&size=l
    Last edited by cpmiv; June 7th, 2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Ad link for a pic
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Whoever broke in and grabbed the pack, then took off to open it and check it out further away, not caring if anything was in it or not. As a kid a cousin and I got one of his mom's old purses and put some dog poo in it and set it on the side of the road. We'd hide in the grass and watch people pull up jump out and take off with the purse, only to throw it out after their high speed get away.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Whoever broke in and grabbed the pack, then took off to open it and check it out further away, not caring if anything was in it or not. As a kid a cousin and I got one of his mom's old purses and put some dog poo in it and set it on the side of the road. We'd hide in the grass and watch people pull up jump out and take off with the purse, only to throw it out after their high speed get away.
    I like this approach to 'greed satisfaction'...great prank...although someone would probably call the police about a 60 y/o sitting in a field and laughing at purse snatchers...but I still like it...

Last November 24th ('07)...our car and 4 others on our street were burglarized...2 months later they caught the dirtbags and charged them with 'armed burglary'...so, I understand your frustration. I was up for the next 4-5 nights with a neighbor roaming the neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning. The only guys we stopped were two undercover officers trying to catch the same guys...(that's another story>>>)

Hope they catch your BG's...but I wouldn't count on it...we were lucky to get our stuff back...months later!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Bummer, it always sucks when a low life thinks he needs what you have.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Maybe you can find some ironic humor imagining the thug's falling face when he discovers he just stole a Bible... probably not his most exciting score. Hopefully discovering the 'clip' will help him to reconsider the danger of his lifestyle.

One thing to think about, since you had an extra magazine for your carry gun in the versapack. The thief may very well make a return visit to your car at some point to smash the window again and see if he can find the gun that the magazine goes to. Don't leave your gun in your car, you may be out a gun if you do.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

No the weapon was not in the pack, and it's never left in the vehicle. I was just getting the pack ready for vacation. We're headed to a beach at least one day and I don't think my trunks will hold up a holster.

One thing did come out of this that is good. The guy I kind of work for raised a stink with upper mgt and I'm parking indoors now. Granted its a tight fit between some dumpsters but no BG's have access.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Thats hilarious!!!
    Hm... what have we found here....AHHHRRGG, damn it, it's POO!
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Links