Need to vent a bit

Need to vent a bit

This is a discussion on Need to vent a bit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I posted this in my blog but I can't get it off my mind. Last week I stopped by the post office. I was finishing ...

Thread: Need to vent a bit

Need to vent a bit

I posted this in my blog but I can't get it off my mind.
    Last week I stopped by the post office. I was finishing an email on my phone when I noticed a TINY little old lady walking to the door. Didn't think too much of it. I looked up a couple seconds later to see her stuck in the door! This ain't that much of a door, but she's stuck between the door and the frame. I start out of the truck and see a man walking rather quickly towards her. I relax thinking he's going to help her. NOPE...went around her in through the other door!. I jumped out and RAN over to her to help her. Her hand or her cane had slipped off the door and she didn't have enough leverage to open it back up. She was OK, just winded and a bit shook up. It took everything I had not to drag that guy out of the post office and beat him. How in the WORLD can you NOT see a old lady suck in a DOOR! You walked RIGHT BY HER to go in through the door right next to her, then you had to walk by her AGAIN once you were inside.

I don't know WHY this got under my skin so bad. I've seen people do some pretty stupid things. This just went over my cynical meter I guess.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I gotta agree with you, it would have pissed me off too. I was taught to respect my elders....today, the younger generation doesn't care...I'm only 32, and I see it. Sad But True
    Last edited by Scott; June 7th, 2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Language
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Which PO was it?

At mine they are super helpful, almost embarrassingly so...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I once started a near riot in Matamoris MX when i exited an adult beverage establishment and saw nearly the same thing with an american biker walking by making comments . Suffice it to say while my bride helped the lady out the young manners challenged lad and i had a discussion which rapidly went rodeo . I was in fact as old , out of shape , and intoxicated as he suspected , however he did learn that you just dont get that old ,out of shape , intoxicated , and mouthy without haveing an instructors cert in the fine art of cheating . Once our pointed discussion was over SWMBO and i continued into the " market " shopping for suveneers . Folks we would have had to hire a semi to haul home all the free crap the venders offered us as word of the confrontation circulated the market . I did accept a nice pair of silver 1911 grips , and momma took some little thing , but everyone wanted to give us crap if we wanted to look at it . I guess the " ugly american " is both a fact , and yet not common enough that but what folks still appreciate the good among us . After our walk to shop we could not buy a drink at any of the watering holes that are prevalent there and had to go to coke to make it back to Brownsville that night lol . Here in my part of the usa simple assault amounts to up to a $300.00 fine and no jail time . Sometimes its worth it IF an officer chooses to cite lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    It amazes me how some parents raise their children to have no manners whatsoever. My parents instilled into me the value of manners. My wife's parents instilled in her the value of manners. And you can bet your last dollar that our 18 year old daughter had those same values instilled into her. We have people stop us all the time telling us how polite our daughter is. Talk about a swelled chest. But enough about her.
    dunndw, it probably would have done the man who passed the elderly lady a world of good if you had gone in and given him exactly what he deserved. A Bif Dose of Manners 101.

Post office in Donelson TN...
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Donelson's not a bad area, I guess it was just a chance meeting with one of the local idiots...

The last time I took a plane trip, one of the more brazen acts of rudeness I've seen chanced to occur right in front of me. A fellow, probably mid-late 20s, shoved an older lady out of the way so he could get to his luggage on the carousel. His excuse, voiced as I grabbed him by the collar and moved him back, was that he'd been waiting a long time. I suggested that he exercise a little politeness, and he went away. What was he looking to gain? Maybe a minute? If he'd said "Excuse me, that's my bag," I'd have gotten it for him.

All it takes is a bit of common courtesy, and a desire to give just a little to a fellow human, to make a difference. Opening a door for someone carrying a load, yielding a seat to someone, letting someone into a lane of traffic, or (one I did yesterday) helping a lady get the heavy items out of her shopping cart. There's simply no excuse for indifference or rudeness.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Dis respecting others is not only impolite , but painfull. Some may get away with it for years , but eventualy they will find someone like me in a bad mood , or a long term inmate who is on a " street " vacation and then it can have consiquinces . I endever to be polite to all untill some partys will not allow it . Usualy tho a fine verbal scolding ( i was an FTO in le for years lol ) is all it takes to make folks see the error of their ways tho . And strangely enough the worst and best dressed offenders would rather have anything than a " scene " in public , even at an ariport ect.. where they dont know a soul .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

No respect? I'm sure that he didn't realize that she was stuck in the door, otherwise he would have probably taken her purse!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HnKuspDude View Post
    I gotta agree with you, it would have pissed me off too. I was taught to respect my elders....today, the younger generation doesn't care...I'm only 32, and I see it. Sad But True
    Some of the younger generation don't care, but then some were brought up with manners and decency. I am luckily one of them and my brother and sister after me. But you can't always blame the younger generations. There are older people who do the same thing. Unfortunately we live in a society all about me! Me! ME!!! Five seconds is all it would take. Giving five seconds of your time to hold a door, say hello, offer a helping hand.

I noticed at the office that I am the only one who says "Yes sir" or "Yes ma'am" when someone calls my name. Oh well, that was my vent that all younger people aren't the same.

Sponsored Links