Flag disrespect by child, mother arrested. - Page 3

Flag disrespect by child, mother arrested.

This is a discussion on Flag disrespect by child, mother arrested. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 How does this make sense. I think she should be deported to Iraq for a year with no US aide. That ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flag disrespect by child, mother arrested.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    How does this make sense.

I think she should be deported to Iraq for a year with no US aide.
    That would be a good place for them to go and protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post

They're the Patriot Guard Riders.

http://www.patriotguard.org/
    I don't believe the dirt bag would walk over there and spit in one of those guys faces. Seems that they know who to try to intimidate and who not to mess with. Not too many branches on that family tree. But I guess complete stupidity hasn't been bred in yet. They only try bullying where they think they can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    The flag should not even touch the ground.

I swore allegiance to that flag, not because I was born here and felt obliged to, but because I denounced my Monarch and became a citizen... those who burn their own flag have never valued what it means to become an American, and be an American.

They think they have, but they have no idea.
    And it's a sure sign that they are so used to the freedom that they do not appreciate the things they have and things that so many died for so they could be here doing this. The 1st thing the mom hollered was about her "rights", never once thinking of those that paid for her "rights".

When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

I thinks the cop did a great job, they should be busted for whatever law they can be, every time they protest.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Too much kool aid!!
    On the contrary, not enough kool aid.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

These people are a sick bunch. Round them all up and ship them to Iraq. They seem to be anti on about everything.

Of all the Patriot Guard rides I've done, I've only encountered them once. It was especially sad how they had those little kids there teaching them to hate.

The Prosters:

They were slightly outnumbered though:

I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Nothing like 100-200 gnarly looking bikers to keep the idoits away!
    Last edited by Free American; June 9th, 2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: add some zero's!!!!!!!!!!!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874 View Post
    Nothing like 100-200 gnarly looking bikers to keep the idoits away!
    Final count at that ride was nearly 800! The Second Pic was taken in front of the Greensburg Ks High School. It's no longer there, destroyed in the tornado last month.

Another pic of the procession coming onto the church parking lot.

I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

New Member Array horsesoldier03's Avatar
    The Fred Phelps crew is out of Topeka, KS. Not that far from where I am at (Ft Riley). I have personally seen their antics at Soldiers Funerals and local protest that have been staged near the gates. Needless to say it takes alot of self-control as well as COMMAND EMPHASIS to keep us Soldiers from going over and kickin the (fill in the blank) out of the protestors. What is sad, is most of the protest they conduct, they push kids to get out and do the dirty work while the adults sit back and watch. They deserve everything they get. I just hope she gets some jail time but I seriously doubt that will happen.

I agree we don't need any more laws, even against burning the flag.

What we do need is common sense and respect, but they are in short supply and disappearing fast.
    You can't force people to have common sense and respect though. Otherwise you just violate their liberty.

Which is an inherent negative aspect of liberty I suppose. That someone else is free to offend you. It's still worth it.

Although, I don't really have any problems with this law because at least it was done at the state level.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    This is the link form the Topeka Capital Journal it has an archive on the Fred and the Phelpsistiens. They are scum sucking lowlifes but they make the press a lot. Which is their goal.
    http://cjonline.com/webindepth/phelps/
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I also don't like the idea of someone using the flag as a symbol of his/her anger about a problem. But, ask yourself about a government's tolerance for the core, underlying concept of liberty. Think about just what that means.

A relatively recent film said it best. From "The American President," in which the President (played by Michael Douglas) replies to questions about freedom in a press conference:

In a country where assembly, speech and protest are cherished liberties, what happens to those liberties if, one by one, they're chipped away and each criminalized in turn ... just on the fringes, to start, but all-encompassing criminalization as the end-game? At some point, governmental slippery slopes being what they are, in the USA, there will be no such liberty. It's happening.

Stomping on a flag is merely a uniquely visceral example of the problem of intolerance by a government. Take that to the logical extreme, and you get the traditional totalitarian dictator's approach: disappearing. The leap across that chasm isn't as wide as some think, should intolerance reach beyond the real, beyond the symbolic. At that point, kiss all freedoms goodbye.
    +1

As a Veteran I put my life on the line for fellow Americans to have the freedom to exercise such rights regardless of how much I might disagree with their reason, opinion or point of view. I swore an oath to support and defend the constitution. An oath I don't take lightly. Rather than widdle away American freedoms and liberties, lets focus on the ignorance that breeds such hatred.
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

While I disagree with burning the flag, they are destroying a symbol of America, not America itself. They are not distroying the love for America that is in all of our hearts and minds.

I live in Kansas, I have seen these people. The will do anything for attention. They want confrontations, somebody to sue (a lot of them are lawyers), to give their "cause" validity. The Patriot Guard does it right, they ignore these people. They give the Phelps nothing to feed on, but they render their protests useless.

Their group is just the Phelps family, it is not growing. People are not joining them. Lets all wait for Fred Sr. to die, he is an old man.

As much as I would love to shut them down, it would only fuel them. Give them no response. Their words and signs mean nothing when nobody is listening.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links