Sopranos Finale

Sopranos Finale

This is a discussion on Sopranos Finale within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; *** was with that ending?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sopranos Finale

Sopranos Finale

*** was with that ending?
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Who KNows?

I guess the writers couldnt come up with an ending either

Administrator

That ending means stay tuned for The Sopranos movie soon to be playing at a theater near you.

Never, ever watched a single episode... I have enough 'Sicilian American family' stories first hand with the in-laws.

People getting buried before their spouse even knew they were dead?

Yep, that'd be my Grandfather-in-law...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    watching it now ( we in co get pasific hbo on cable ) comment later
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

So, I didn't watch it but read this online at BBC News.

As the series came to an end after eight years and 86 episodes, the question was: "What happens to Tony?"

Tony Soprano was last seen in the bedroom of a safe house cradling an automatic weapon as assassins from a rival crime family closed in.
    Automatic weapon?

Really?

Or are they getting 'confused' again?

Worst....ending.....ever.

Worse even that the Sienfeld ending.

I did like seeing what happened to Phil though. Say Bye Bye to Grandpa....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I watched in horror too as the finale came to a rather boring end. My wife looked at me when the screen went black and said "what happened did you turn it off? What did you do? What happened?". I said " I didn't touch it" and then the credits rolled. We looked at each other like ***?

Then I got to thinking. I was watching the last part in the restaurant and was sure that something was going to go down. Sure that Tony was going to caught up in some random violence or that the guy in the bathroom was going to come out gunning.

I think they were trying to convey the feeling that even though everything was back to normal (the family was ok, AJ was ok, and Meadow was on her way in her new career) Tony will always have to look over his shoulder. There will always be something to worry about.

I thought he was going to get popped for sure.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by a_kayaker View Post
    "what happened did you turn it off? What did you do? What happened?". I said " I didn't touch it" and then the credits rolled. We looked at each other like ***?

Then I got to thinking. I was watching the last part in the restaurant and was sure that something was going to go down. Sure that Tony was going to caught up in some random violence or that the guy in the bathroom was going to come out gunning.

I thought he was going to get popped for sure.
    the same here too...

When the screen went black, I thought my TV went out...I was sure that I was going to miss Tony getting popped...

Terrible ending...

Oh well, so much for eight years...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    So, I didn't watch it but read this online at BBC News.

Automatic weapon?

Really?

Or are they getting 'confused' again?

Nope, that was Tony's Select Fire Armalite AR-10 in .308 that Bobby Baccala gave him as a present. They were shooting it at Bobby and Janice's lake retreat during the 1st episode of the last season.

Of course it was illegally acquired.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I was really surprised. I'm a big fan of the show and I can't believe they ended it like that. I was so waiting for all those guys to be FBI and take him down. I guess in the end there was no closure on any of he storylines.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

SPOILER (if you're reading the thread it's probably okay)

Tony got shot?

Am I the only one who saw that ending as Tony got shot? Back in the beginning of the season, he was talking with Bobby on the boat about what it'd be like to be shot, would you hear the shot, etc.

I figured that guy came out of the bathroom with "more than his &%*! in his hands," to borrow a phrase, and shot Tony while he was watching Meadow come in the door. The last angle was from Tony's point of view, and when he was shot, he didn't hear a sound, just darkness, and the end. Seeing as we see the show through his eyes, he's the main character, once he is dead, the show is over. Roll credits.

Maybe I am reading something into nothing because on the surface it is a very unsatisfying ending, but it does seem up HBO's alley to imply it rather than show it. Any thoughts on this?

I liked it. Life does not have a run of X number of seasons and then suddenly end with a closure episode where all the past loose ends are tied up. They tied up the NY/NJ war and moved on. The end of the war made sense since when guys are either killing each other or hiding out they ar enot making money and money drives the whole thing. In the end Phil cost everyone a lot of money and had to go. What a pop though!

The episode ended with Tony worried about legal problems and the family memebers going on with their lives. The tension we all felt in the final scene was the tension Tony feels every day. The episode ended with us getting to feel that then, life goes on.

There is only ONE loose end that I am angry was never resolved... The Russian that Chris and Paulie took out to the woods to bury. What happenned to him!?!?

That was a horrible ending. Almost worse than my first marriage....almost.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I think the whole world gave a collective ***. Cancel my HBO now, thank you very much!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links