I got neighbor troubles

I got neighbor troubles

This is a discussion on I got neighbor troubles within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some of you may remember that I posted a thread about our next door neighbors some time ago. I don't even remember what the thread ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got neighbor troubles

I got neighbor troubles

Some of you may remember that I posted a thread about our next door neighbors some time ago. I don't even remember what the thread was about exactly but the gist of it is, there is a single mother with 9 or 10 kids living in a 4 bedroom house, same floor plan as ours in fact, and now there is a man living there as well.

The guy she is currently having relations with (there have been others) moved in about a month to a month and a half ago. Since this moron moved in, the kids have gone crazy. They have all turned into thieves. They stole one of our other neighbors gocart, they have taken my kids bicycles several times, they have gone into other peoples garages and taken things out of their garage fridges, and I just realized yesterday that I have a box of video game controller missing that was sitting in our garage.
    Tonight our neighbor, the same one who go the gocart stolen, caught the same kid stealing a scooter out of her backyard.

The sheriffs dept. is out in front of their house right now and that makes the third time in 3 days that the sheriffs dept. has been here. One of those times I was the one who called.

So, now there are a bunch of people in the neighborhood who are complaining to the leasing company and trying to get them evicted. I hope they succeed because I am tired of having to keep all of my kids bikes, my lawnmower and my grill shoe horned in the garage with both cars just so these jackasses won't haul my property away.

And on top of it, the new stand your ground law in Tennessee specifically states that it is legal to shoot someone to protect your property from being stolen now. Not that I would but I am telling you guys, this is really making me angry. What kind of scum thinks it is Ok to just go into someone else's home, even if it is the garage, and take their stuff? What a stellar mother. I still think she is a retired crack 'Ho.

OK, I'll stop ranting now. I just needed to vent. I feel better now. Thanks for listening.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

That sucks. I hate thieves. Hope things work out for the good of the neighborhood.

Mike, since you made the last thread on your neighbors the big difference is that school finished. That is why you need to be proactive, those kids have not benefitted from good parenting and now they are bored and looking for kicks.

You need to come down on them like a truck full of bricks, who knows - maybe you will change the direction of their life for the better by scaring some sense into them...

I found your last thread. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=24891

Assistant Administrator
    I can but imagine your anger Mike - it is all too easy to feel all but impotent to do anything (legal!).

There is little worse than the ''neighbor problem'' - and it takes so many forms too. If tho in this case the complaints are coming thick and fast then it's to be hoped eventually something will be done, altho heavens knows with folks and kids like these, it's hard to wish them on anyone, anywhere.

Sympathy doesn't help your cause much - but you sure have mine.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Put in a call to Social Services so they come over and inspect the childs welfare. Other than that, tag along with the people who want your neighbors evicted

And on top of it, the new stand your ground law in Tennessee specifically states that it is legal to shoot someone to protect your property from being stolen now.
    Her offspring are likely to end up face-down in the dirt, if they continue doing the ol' "perpetrator two-step" on someone else's property, like they seem Hell-bent on doing. Though not likely, perhaps that would knock some sense into the others: the simple reality that the people around them don't have to take being threatened by these folks. They might soon become quite surprised that others will take steps to protect themselves and their property in ways that may be a bit stronger than they're used to. Bad situation.

Ditto on the Social Services thing. Keep up the pressure, and keep yourself a member of the group, instead of standing alone. They seem to be the sort that, if it's found out you're one of the folks doing the "tattling," you might well be singled out. Caution.

May the "powers" in your town show them the financial end of the "big stick" they have at their disposal. Right soon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Rest assured, we are part of the group that is actively working on getting them out. I have called the leasing company also. We are exploring other options as well.
    They really stepped in it with the lady whose gocart they stole. She works for the Sheriffs Dept. and was a County Court clerk until about a year ago. She is really nailing them.

Here is a question for you guys that I am not sure of the legal answer for. My 16 year old son stays here at home during the day and watches his 12 year old sister and his 11 year old brother. School is out for summer and all that and the wife and I both work during the day. He is a good kid, good head on his shoulders and quite mature for his age. He is well trained with all of our guns but just the same, they stay locked in the safe when either I or the wife are not here. Now, he does have access to them, he can open the safe. He never has (I have a way to tell if the safe has been opened) but tonight after all this we went over again what he should do if the next door criminals try to kick the door in.
    He is to herd his brother and sister upstairs to the Master Bedroom where the safe is, close and lock the door, get his handgun out (A Sig P239) and call the cops and tell them the house is being broken into and he and his siblings are home alone. He is then to nail the first scum bag that tries to make it through the bedroom door.

My question is this: is it legal for him to have access to the safe and is there any law that you all may know of that would prevent a 16 year old from carrying on his person in our home?

I'm not sure I want him to but it is an option that I want to think about. You would have to see these people to really understand my concerns.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I feel for ya'. I don't have a prob like yours and I'm working to keep it that way. My other half is looking at 8 acres in the boonies (its even closer to the shooting range !...).
    BTW...'its 'hoe... Good luck Mike....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

JD
    Administrator
    At 16 he can legally hunt, so I'd think having a long gun accessible shouldn't be an issue. Hit up Google for TN laws and see what you can find, but there may be local laws that differ from the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post

Here is a question for you guys that I am not sure of the legal answer for. My 16 year old son stays here at home during the day and watches his 12 year old sister and his 11 year old brother. School is out for summer and all that and the wife and I both work during the day. He is a good kid, good head on his shoulders and quite mature for his age. He is well trained with all of our guns but just the same, they stay locked in the safe when either I or the wife are not here. Now, he does have access to them, he can open the safe. He never has (I have a way to tell if the safe has been opened) but tonight after all this we went over again what he should do if the next door criminals try to kick the door in.
    He is to herd his brother and sister upstairs to the Master Bedroom where the safe is, close and lock the door, get his handgun out (A Sig P239) and call the cops and tell them the house is being broken into and he and his siblings are home alone. He is then to nail the first scum bag that tries to make it through the bedroom door.
    Does your son go to the range regularly?
    Has he had any SD training?

If so, document it. If not try and get that started.
    He will benefit from it and so will any resultant court case.

My only comment on your plan is this, and you may already have told him to do it but not added it to the post.

Tell him to stay on the 911 call no matter what happens, it is recorded for posterity, tell him to give loud, clear commands to the BGs, even if he has to put the phone down leave the line open, tell the BGs to stop, stop, stop, tell them you are prepared to protect yourself, tell them the PD are listening and on the way.

All the above is possibly a deterrent and almost certainly a benefit to a justifiable shoot verdict.

We spoke before about your son, he's a great kid, get him shooting as often as he can afford, get him involved in the gun culture. Where you live that will be a plus in court, not a minus.

Good luck getting those idiots evicted...

There have been many stories of younger children defending the 'home turf', and inside the home your entire family has a right to DEFEND...

Do you really think the next door dirtbags would break in?

I would keep my garage LOCKED...and a weapon available to a family member you feel is responsible enough to safely use it.

I would have a few practice scenarios to get all of the family moving in the same direction...just like practicing for a house fire...this is what we do, who we call, how we react...

What a terrible thing to have to think about when you're at work.

I would keep calling on 'any and every' incident to make a paper trail for both social services and LE...

And...I would avoid any and all contact with the neighbors so that no one could claim that you were part of the 'problem'...

Good Luck...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Not familiar with the laws in Tennessee, but for what is worth most states that I am familiar with have laws prohibiting allowing minors to have unsupervised access to weapons that are loaded and ready to fire. So if the guns in the safe are not loaded there should not be a problem with him having the combination. The problem I see is that as soon as he loads the weapon you would be in violation. He could carry around the house as long as you are there, but as soon as you leave the house, or maybe even the room, you would be in violation. Maybe your state is different, best of luck to you!

0.02, that is part of the plan. He his sister will stay on the phone while he is yelling at the top of his lungs commands for them to leave the house or he will defend himself and his siblings.

I want it all on tape.

Geez, I wish these scum bags would just move out. What a hassle.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    Mike, sorry about the situation.

If/when you catch those little whipper-snappers red handed, hit them with everything you can (legally, not physically). Call the police, press charges, demand restitution, let them feel the full measure of the law.

They need to be taught a lesson.

Too bad public floggings were outlawed.

That is too bad Mike. Hope you can get them kicked out of their. The fact that school is out and it's summer always means an increase in crime.

Good Luck.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links