I picked the right real estate agent!

This is a discussion on I picked the right real estate agent! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm putting a house on the market, and I spent some time researching agents to list the property. I picked a guy who works for ...

Thread: I picked the right real estate agent!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

I picked the right real estate agent!

I'm putting a house on the market, and I spent some time researching agents to list the property. I picked a guy who works for the #1 Century 21 office in the world. I reviewed his marketing program, and I was impressed. When I met him at the house, I found that someone had gotten into the house, and even changed the lock on the front door! I had to call a locksmith to come over and re-key it so that we could get in. I jokingly made the comment before the locksmith arrived that maybe I should just shoot the lock off. He pulled his jacket back, revealing his holster.. He carries a Springfield Armory XD 45, the same gun that I carry when it's not too hot to wear a cover garment (I was carrying my Glock 26 that day in my right front pocket). So, I really like the guy. He not only has a strong marketing program, but good taste in handguns.

2. Remove Ads

Now that IS a nice feeling...a man you should be able to trust...and a common interest in SD.

Good luck with the selling of the house!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I jokingly made the comment before the locksmith arrived that maybe I should just shoot the lock off. He pulled his jacket back, revealing his holster.. He carries a Springfield Armory XD 45.
    It's a cute story, and I'm glad that your realtor is pro-CCW...
    But didn't we just have a thread that seemed to contain almost unanimous consent that letting others know we carry is unwise, and when it's done it is often in bad judgment?

So this realtor may have good taste in handguns, and the good sense to carry (I understand that realtors are sometimes victimized), but I question the wisdom of him responding to your joke by "showing off." Or do you and he have that good a rapport? What do you think his purpose was in showing you that he carries a gun? To impress you? To let you know that he's capable of defending the both of you, and willing to do so? Tell me more.

Administrator

Talking

Two gunners with 2 pistols right there and neither one of you shot the lock off?
    Now if he would have told you to "Stand Back!"...and then quickly shot the lock off the door ~ THERE would have been a Real Estate Agent!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Two gunners with 2 pistols right there and neither one of you shot the lock off?
    Now if he would have told you to "Stand Back!"...and then quickly shot the lock off the door ~ THERE would have been a Real Estate Agent!
    Somehow I don't think that a fresh .45 hole in the door would be conducive to selling the home quickly, or at profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    When I met him at the house, I found that someone had gotten into the house, and even changed the lock on the front door! I had to call a locksmith to come over and re-key it so that we could get in.
    Maybe there's a back story here, but what? He changes your locks without your consent?
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

My wife is a Real estate agent here in the metro Baltimore area. A couple of weeks ago, a agent in this area was found dead in the basement of a house he was showing.

Talk about a rapid police response!
    The agent showed the house on Thursday Afternoon, Agents wife called the police on Friday morning to report him missing, Friday afternoon the Agents office called the police and gave the address of the house the agent last showed. Saturday Afternoon the homeowner found the agent dead in the basement of the home.

My wife has a small .25, but she doesn't carry it because to do so could mean 3 years in jail. And since I have never beaten her up, and no one has threatened her life via 3 notarized letter's, she does not meet the requirements for a CCW permit.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Deacon51, cynicism duly noted: it's time you two got out of MD, sounds like.

Can you tell that I fear for my wife's safety?
    She has the skill and experience to defend herself, only the law is in her way. It's very frustrating.

"Maybe there's a back story here, but what? He changes your locks without your consent?"

It wasn't the agent that changed the lock. Someone actually broke in, and I guess that sine the house was vacnt, thought that he could have his own rent free place to stay!

You know I'm all for not going out and telling EVERYONE you carry. But in this case, and as with all my xperiance with realtors, quite a report is made. Plus, people in my family and close friends all know I carry. As much as everyone thinks it should be kept to ones' self, I don't...at least not so strict as everyone else. So, please stop looking so oddly at those of us who aren't so hush hush with it. I mean I don't tell the mailman or the guy next door. But, I think my friends and family can know. Cause I'm POSITIVE they don't go about telling anyone else.
    God Bless America!!

I'm a Realtor and I carry every time I go out. Most of my clients are referrals, but you never know who you're going to get. Plus you always run the chance of showing a house which has a dog or neighbor's dog that wants to protect his turf (as evidenced by an agent in our office that got attacked by a neighbor's Rottweiler yesterday).

Administrator
    Thats cool that he carries... but how is he at selling houses?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thats cool that he carries... but how is he at selling houses?
    Well, I'll let you know. He's at the #1 Century 21 office, and has 2 full time assistants for pospecting and paperwork, so he must be making money!

I'd say you have a good realtor there Squawker. Stick with him.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links