Unborn child lost in 3 attacks on pregnant women

This is a discussion on Unborn child lost in 3 attacks on pregnant women within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Preface: I was not sure where to place this unfortunate news story as there was no firearm involved. It does though feature citizens who tried ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unborn child lost in 3 attacks on pregnant women

Unhappy Unborn child lost in 3 attacks on pregnant women

Preface: I was not sure where to place this unfortunate news story as there was no firearm involved. It does though feature citizens who tried to fight back, one successfully, and further exemplifies the fact of 'anytime anywhere'.
    Mods I apologize if this is not the right area within the forum.

---

As reported by WFAA (TX):

Unborn child lost in 3 attacks on pregnant women

01:12 AM CDT on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

By SHELLY SLATER / WFAA-TV

DALLAS - A North Texas woman lost her unborn child Monday after she was one of three pregnant victims in separate attacks across Dallas.

Just one month before her due date, Andrea Boyd said a random group of girls attacked her while sitting on her porch outside her home.

"I just remember pushing her from over me and grabbing my stomach," she said.

Boyd said the girls are no strangers to the area, and have been frequently seen driving around.

"[They're] hanging out the car, playing music loud and nothing's being done about it," she said.

One of the girls, Boyd said, ran up to her as she was on the porch and punched her in the face.

"I slipped and fell," she said. "When that happened, all the girls came and they were kicking and swinging."

Boyd said she tried to fight back against the girls.

"So, I'm having to fight two or three girls at one time," she said.

Boyd's mother said the attackers hit her hard.

"I was very nervous and upset about it," she said. "She could have lost her baby. She could have lost her life."

While the attack didn't harm her baby, another woman attacked Monday along Chapel Creek Drive did lose her baby after she too was a victim of violence.

Elizabeth Sandejas was still at Parkland Memorial Hospital Tuesday after she delivered her baby boy only to lose him.

Boyd said the news of Sandejas' loss made her realize how fortunate she was to walk away.

"There's so much of this going on," she said. "I'm lucky, very lucky to have gotten out without my baby being injured."

The third attack occurred along the 1400 block of Marsh Lane in Dallas. Authorities said the expecting mother will also be okay.

As for Sandejas' baby, he is at the medical examiners office. If he died of natural causes, charges won't be filed. If he died of trauma, detectives said they will be looking for a homicide suspect.

E-mail sslater@wfaa.com

The story with video can be found at; http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....3f72fe97.html

- Janq

Lesson Reaffirmed: Anytime, anywhere, to anyone including even pregnant women sitting on their porch by anyone including girls from the street.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    No suitable comment can be posted regarding this without beraking quite a few forum rules regarding language and illegal activities...

Sorry if this has been brought up:

In Michigan, I believe that if you kill a fetus, that counts as murder. That being the case, then lethal force can be used to prevent injury to a pregnant woman?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Unbelievable...

Assistant Administrator
    Not related to this set of obscene attacks but - saw on news earlier a report of a murder in LA - surveillance camera had caught the actions of a young perp armed with baseball bat - who comes up behind a (apparently) mentally disabled man and beats him.

No provocation - just approached from behind and took a swing. Guy died a few days later.

I am sickened by such incidents. All the more reason for our awareness to be always on top of things.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

P95,

I saw that this morning on CNN and posted a story of that at another site. I'll carry it over here in just a sec.
    Where does one put that kind of stuff here...criminal victimization and examples of badguys getting the better of us?

- Janq

"Don't you know that it's true, that for me and for you...the world is a ghetto." - WAR, 'The World Is A Ghetto'
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Assistant Administrator
    Where does one put that kind of stuff here...
    Hard to say Janq ..... but I guess tactical scenarios probably good as any - as so much relates to awareness (lack of).
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    No suitable comment can be posted regarding this without beraking quite a few forum rules regarding language and illegal activities...
    Same here.

I am curious if they suspect it was the same "girls" in each attack, or different attackers in each incident.

wow its been a while since i just stared at the computor screen with my mouth wide open in disbelief...... I think three counts of attempted murder and maybe a count of homocide pending results are in order. Have they caught these people <--term used loosely!
    It says girls, not women. How old were they? They were in a car so lets say at least 16-17. I have never entertained the idea of hurting a teenage girl, but i would be hard pressed not to beat the living daylights out of them if i came upon that scene.

May they get whats coming to them and may that punishment be severe.
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

These girls will become 'nice young ladies who never did anything wrong'(in the news)...as soon as the right person defends him/herself with a sidearm...

These young 'thugettes' need to meet instant justice...and I'm sure it's just around the corner...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    In Alabama for a crime that results in the loss of life of an unborn child the charge is Murder 1. We don't take kindly to that kind of thing here.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

There are sub-human critters out there that 'need shooting'.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Young murderers, cruisin' the neighborhoods looking for pregnant women to beat ... for kicks. They deserve what's coming.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    And people have the incredible stupidity to ask why we advocate being prepared to protect and defend one's self!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

This story makes me feel justified in the rabid dog feelings I have in regard to just about everyone that gets close to my pregnant wife. She is eight months today and I can only imagine the kind of violence I would be capable of if someone hurt her or my unborn son.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links