DC nerds unite!

This is a discussion on DC nerds unite! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey, we're ALL cool....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC nerds unite!

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Hey, we're ALL cool.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Wow... I've never been called cool before. Its always been "special" to describe me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ahh, the daddy's girl... I'm sure I will be getting one of those if my wife has her way. (she always gets her way)
    And life will NEVER be the same. This I promise. Call me when the time comes. I'll be of absolutely no use whatsoever, but you'll have somebody to talk to.

"Special" here, too. And don't poke him! He's "sensitive."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    And life will NEVER be the same. This I promise. Call me when the time comes. I'll be of absolutely no use whatsoever, but you'll have somebody to talk to.
    Yeah, everyone says that about girls.
    "Just blame Sixto"

No kids here, I got self induced blanks...

But I remember some advice I got years ago when I was contemplating having kids.

"If you have a girl she'll bring boys home, but if you have a boy he'll bring the cops home - which do you want?"

I have a clear field of fire.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    No kids here, I got self induced blanks...

But I remember some advice I got years ago when I was contemplating having kids.

"If you have a girl she'll bring boys home, but if you have a boy he'll bring the cops home - which do you want?"
    That reminds me of a funny story... My boy two at the time, already brought the cops home.

I was working 3rd shift as was at home in a dead sleep. My wife was making his lunch (PB&J of course). All of a sudden, the doorbell rang, dogs went nuts and I woke up. I didnt get out of bed just yet, I assumed it was a pesky coupon salesman. Then I heard strange voices in my living room. I went downstairs to see what was up, and there was two officers talking to my wife. My boy was excited that I was up, and had to tell me something super important.
    I knew the two officers fairly well, we work together often. (I work in the next town over) They explained that they got a 911 hangup, and needed to check things out. I of course knew the drill and gave them the nickle tour of my house so they can see I hadnt killed anybody. (dressed in a pair of running shorts)
    When the tour was over, it was time to get to the bottom of what happened. My boy couldnt contain himself any longer and blurted out proudly " Daddy, it worked! Mommy was making lunch, and I wanted to eat lunch with the policemen. I called 911 so the policeman would come. You said if I called 911, a policeman will come over!"
    Well they did come over, and since they happened to be friends of mine, they ate some PB&J with us. We had a long talk about 911 and whats its for, he still brings it up often.
    I still get made fun of at work about it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Too funny. I know all the folks assigned to my zone, but so far, no surprise 911 responses. Knock on wood.

Lead Moderator
    My daughter (3 at the time) called 911. Funniest part was she was at the in laws house and my father in law was a dispatcher at the time.
    now my girls are 10 and 12. Looks like the trouble is starting for me. Lots of attitude to deal with.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm still at work...does that count as being out and about doing fun exciting things?

My kids haven't called 911 (yet)..but my wife did take my son to Walgreen's this morning to pick a few things up, he thought they went to go shopping for Father's day, so as soon as they got into the store, he says (in your typical, loud 3 year old voice) "Let's buy Daddy a gun!"... too bad that a) they don't sell decent guns at Walgreen's, and B) the budget just isn't there for another weapon right now...

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    So, what can we do while everyone else is out having a good time?
    Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"

The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

Sixto it could have been worse. We had a female officers daughter turn her portable on and key up and say " Mommy needs help!"
    Fortunately ( or maybe not) we got a good identifier. No answer on the air, no answer on home phone. Fortunately her apartment door was unlocked. (She was expecting her boyfriend) She had half a shift inside her apartment when she stepped out of the shower!

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Well, at least it keeps me out of trouble.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Life does get 'slower'...but I enjoy it a lot more...

Stay armed...slow down...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links