Guard dogs

This is a discussion on Guard dogs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just responded to another thread in which I had thought about the value of my two best friends...Oliver the chocolate lab and finnegan, the ...

Thread: Guard dogs

Guard dogs

I just responded to another thread in which I had thought about the value of my two best friends...Oliver the chocolate lab and finnegan, the schnauzer. As much as I love my firearm next to my bed, I love these two pups being there to protect me and my bestest friend of all, my girlfriend.
    How many others have dogs that they trust in?
    There was a critter post a little while ago, how about a dog post? My lab is my avatar. If I can get some digital pics of the other pup I will put them up.
    Cheers!
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

2. Remove Ads

These are my two most loyal friends,

Here is Finn (with the lab) when we first got him. A bit tiny but he has filled out since. Another year and he will be great!
    Attached Images
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

OD*
    How many others have dogs that they trust in?
    Couldn't ask for a more trusted friend.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Here is Hailey.This is a picture of her in her former career. No more shows for her. She now spends her time romping in the yard and traveling every were the wife and I go.
    Mike
    Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Funny that this thread was here. I'm in the process of searching for a Doberman. I haven't had any in quite some time now as they need constant companionship or they do poorly. My son learned to walk holding on to his babysitters collar or tail, my daughter had a watchful playmate, my wife had the security and companionship while I was away at work. Now that my son is getting out of the U.S.A.F. and I'm moving in with him we have decided on getting another. It took me around a year to find the bloodlines and the dogs I was looking for. Now being away from the breeders for quite some years the search is starting over again. I'm looking for a mix of European and American bloodlines. The ideal one is large boned and has a heavier blocker head than most that you see today. He will have lots of schutzhund and working blood as well as conformation in the pedigree. My last one was 28" and 107lbs at 3 years old with the sweetest disposition and a very good temperament. Very protective without being aggressive and going off half cocked. It'll be awhile until I get settled in and can afford the right one, but the search is starting. He's a likeness of Maximillion von Shenandoah.

Links