Woodpeckers-

Woodpeckers-

This is a discussion on Woodpeckers- within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I copied a part of this msnbc article and the first thought I had was hey the little guy has been doing well for the ...

Thread: Woodpeckers-

Woodpeckers-

I copied a part of this msnbc article and the first thought I had was hey the little guy has been doing well for the last 60 years or so why not leave him alone.

WASHINGTON - The ivory-billed woodpecker, long feared extinct, has been rediscovered in a remote part of Arkansas some 60 years after the last confirmed U.S. sighting, bird experts said Thursday. In response, the federal government immediately announced a plan to save the bird.

"Today we are commiting to a multiagency, multimillion-dollar, multiyear program to provide hope for this bird's continued survival," Interior Secretary Gale Norton announced at a news conference.

She said this was the first time in her memory that an American species considered to be extinct had been rediscovered. "Second chances to save wildlife thought to be extinct are extremely rare," she said.

The Interior and Agriculture departments would set aside $10 million this year for the "Corridor of Hope" conservation plan, supplementing private funding, Norton said.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Now the little bird is truly doomed to extintion.

"Today we are commiting to a multiagency, multimillion-dollar, multiyear program to provide hope for this bird's continued survival," Interior Secretary Gale Norton announced at a news conference.

Nothing will kill that bird faster than millions of dollars and multi-government agency involvment.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Though extinct huh.....gee, did they wonder where it's Mom & Dad might be? I agree...want to really drive it to extinction....just make a Federal program out of it. Frankly, it is just another political ploy to get some of that "pork barrel" money siphoned to the politicians State (doesn't matter what State, they all do it)....$10 or $12M is not even noticible in the overall budget....unfortunately there is a s..t-cart load of those in the National Budget and you and I are paying for this crap! Okay, now I'm ramblin.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

DC Founder
    Peckerwoods, protecting woodpeckers. With our tax money....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sponsored Links