It's gonna be one of THOSE days

This is a discussion on It's gonna be one of THOSE days within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; IRK1 Wake up this morning to the local news spouting off about Bloomberg dropping out of the GOP...funny..I thought he was a Dem all this ...

Thread: It's gonna be one of THOSE days

It's gonna be one of THOSE days

IRK1
    Wake up this morning to the local news spouting off about Bloomberg dropping out of the GOP...funny..I thought he was a Dem all this time. No guns, running illegal ops to different states...I never knew he was a republican. They had a sound bite of him and Arnie joking about their ticket for the presidential run. Arnie would want to arm the troops and he (Bloomberg) would want to check the Constitution. I almost threw the remote through the TV when I heard those very words leave Bloombergs lips. Didn't realize that you had any idea what the Constitution was there Micheal. Funny how one of the most rabid anits out there right now can even speak of the Constitution.

IRK2
    ABC News has a story on their website "Researchers Find 'First Gun Victim" Like a boat load of muskets ran over here from Spain and attacked the Inca...the wording of their story is nothing more than another tactic in the anti arsenal...any time theres mention of a gun...make it evil.
    Here's the story

I guess I'm going to run a couple of service calls...then I'm gonna clean my guns. It's nice "alone time" which I think I'm gonna need today.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

2. Remove Ads

Yeah....I saw the article on the whole "first gun victim" thing...ironically, they never found the bullet....just "iron oxidation" around the hole. Hmmm....me thinks there is some bad, fuzzy science here. But I know that doesn't matter--as long as people "feel", they will never need to "think"

I think it was a spear or some type of weapon on a pole.

People who believe this garbage are fools....and they are dangerous fools because they vote with their "feelings".

First gun victim??? How do they know the person was shot first off and then even if the person was shot,....how do they know it wasn't a self defense shooting? They just automatically determine that since there is some indication that the person was shot that it must have been murder perpetrated by some evil man with an evil gun.

What a crock of........well, you guys know what it is a crock of. And a big one at that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm no expert on Central and South America but I'm aware of the ancient people sacrificing humans to the gods.
    In the story you link to they have bodies lying in a grave aligned in the same direction, one or more with a round hole to the skull.

Sounds exactly like reports I have read of people being killed with a spear to the head to please the gods.

First gun victim? What, does it have a receipt number?

I was reading Men's Health last night, they had an article on how the average man views the USA. Lots of percentages and supposed research. One of the 'findings' was that 45% of men think that gun laws need to be more restrictive, 34% think that they don't need changing and 13% think that they are already too restrictive.

Ok, never mind that the data was probably taken from phone calls to readers (NYC and other big cities?) and can't be representative of all men. They then add a picture of a small child holding a handgun and caption it with 'A solid majority of men believe we should bear our arms more responsibly'.

What?

45% is not a majority compared to (34 + 13 =) 47%.
    The population of US males should not be represented by your couple of hundred phone calls.

Stop twisting data and insulting my intelligence.

I'm not even going to write to them, they'll see I'm from TN and dismiss me as a radical gun nut.
    I'll just vote with my wallet.

VIP Member
    Read that this morning too. I am guessing that a PIKE never entered their minds.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Read that this morning too. I am guessing that a PIKE never entered their minds.
    Sure it did, but didn't fit their agenda...

'Today we discovered the world's 400 millionth spear victim. Stay tuned for harrowing footage and opinions from the Anti Spear spokesperson Hillary Clinton.'

Wake up this morning to the local news spouting off about Bloomberg dropping out of the GOP...funny..I thought he was a Dem all this time.
    He was until he decided to run for mayor of nyc. Less crowded on the Rep. ticket. Go figure he made the change for political/personal gain. That guy just oozes character.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Links