Happened in MY City - Animal Cruelty

This is a discussion on Happened in MY City - Animal Cruelty within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I pull time volunteer Police Reserve in my city some weekends. This past Sunday being Fathers Day I stayed home and had family time. After ...

Thread: Happened in MY City - Animal Cruelty

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Happened in MY City - Animal Cruelty

I pull time volunteer Police Reserve in my city some weekends. This past Sunday being Fathers Day I stayed home and had family time.

After reading the following I wish I'd put some time in after all. I'm not a crazy animal lover but I like em and it boils my blood when I hear anything like the following:
    ================================
    From the Mobile Press (Local News Paper) found on http://www.al.com

Tortured kitten dies of injuries
    Thursday, June 21, 2007
    By RON COLQUITT
    Staff Reporter

Gizmo, the kitten tortured at an apartment in Chickasaw on Sunday, died Tuesday night at Rehm Animal Clinic in west Mobile, and a funeral is planned for today.

The cat had been burned and nearly drowned, and the pads on two of its paws had been sliced off.

Chickasaw police arrested Ralph Allen Fisk, 22, on Sunday after, they said, he tortured the kitten that belonged to his girlfriend, Jessica Powell, 19, because it had scratched him.

"I believe it's the right thing to do," Powell said Wednesday of the kitten's funeral. "It deserves it because of what it went through."

The funeral is planned for 2 p.m. today at the Mobile Pet Cemetery, off Airport Boulevard in west Mobile County, about a mile west of Mobile Regional Airport.

Powell, who shared an apartment with Fisk, said she has broken off her relationship with him since the Sunday incident. The couple has a 5-month-old son.

She said Fisk now is living with his parents in Citronelle.

Police charged Fisk with first-degree cruelty to a dog or cat. He was released from Mobile County Metro Jail on $3,000 bail.

If convicted of the first-degree charge -- a Class C felony under Alabama law -- Fisk could be sentenced to a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Powell said she was not sure if the kitten, which was about 2 months old, was a male or female. She said a relative had given it to her about two weeks ago.

She said she discovered Gizmo in a closet at the apartment when she returned home from work Sunday.

"I was crying the whole time when I found out what had happened to it," Powell said. "I thought it was dead at first, then I saw it was still breathing. I tried to wake it up, see if it would respond. I didn't know what had happened, and then it started bleeding."

Virginia LaRue, Powell's mother, said Wednesday that she was "very angry, very upset" about the mutilation. She said she called police when she learned out about it.

Reggie Young, the Pet Cemetery's assistant manager, said Wednesday that the kitten would be buried in a type of small casket traditionally used for infants.

A tiny teddy bear and a toy for kittens will be placed inside the casket, and an ordained minister will speak during the funeral, Young said.

Meanwhile, Dale Bartlett, a Humane Society of the United States official, faxed Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson Jr. a letter Wednesday saying people who abuse and torture animals are most likely to do the same to children.

In the society's view, the facts of the kitten case "clearly constitute intentional torture and should therefore be aggressively prosecuted," he wrote.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

There's got to be a special hell for anyone who would do a thing like that to an animal.

JD
    Administrator

Unhappy

I hope he gets the 10 years....Prison will love him.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I can just imagine his introduction to "Bubba"...

"Watcha' in fer?"

"Kitty torture...2 months old!!!!!!!!!!"

"Yer choice...bend over or I'm takin' it!"

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!"

Actually, the thought makes me happy!?

Those that prey on the weak and helpless have a "special" place in hell!!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

They should send him to Gitmo for practice.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    That man no longer qualifies as human. JMI, he needs to be taken behind the courthouse and put down like a rabid animal. Jail time is too good for him, and there's a better than decent chance that anyone who can do this to a kitten can and will do it again to a human.

These wacko's start with animals and work their way up the food chain...many serial killers started with animals for practice...

I say, let Bubba teach them the social graces of prison life..."Now serving number 27...and it's still Monday morning?"

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    It really sickens me, but at least now we know sociopaths when we see them.

I HOPE HE GETS ALL 10 YEARS.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I'm no cat lover and would love to see much less of them, but no excuse to torture a living thing.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    These wacko's start with animals and work their way up the food chain...many serial killers started with animals for practice...
    Yep, Jeffery Dahmer started that way.......sickos.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    There's got to be a special hell for anyone who would do a thing like that to an animal.
    Agreed. And I've got the blowtorch.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Ron
    When you add that to the litany of other horrors we read about every day, it makes one wonder about our species in general.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    CaptCrunch,

I'll bring the cuffs so we can hold him down. This kind of things makes me sick, literally.

--jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

I am almost speechless....almost. NOTHING needs to be treated so cruelly. If a animal needs to be put down...it should be fast and as painless as possible. To kill a little animal in this way is horrible. It makes me sad to think that anyone or anything has to die in this kind of torment. Their last moments spent in fear and pain. 10 years is not enough....I hope bubba is a cat lover.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links