First Zombies...now ALIENS? What's your gun?

First Zombies...now ALIENS? What's your gun?

This is a discussion on First Zombies...now ALIENS? What's your gun? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23401615-details/'Mile-wide+UFO'+spotted+by+British+airline+pilot/article.do 'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Zombies...now ALIENS? What's your gun?

Talking First Zombies...now ALIENS? What's your gun?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23401615-details/'Mile-wide+UFO'+spotted+by+British+airline+pilot/article.do

'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot

One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

An official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago appears in Pilot magazine.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, flying close to Alderney first spotted the object, described as "a cigar-shaped brilliant white light".

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, described what he thought to be a UFO as 'a cigar-shaped brilliant white light', similar to the image supplied by Dennis Plunket of the British Flying Saucer bureau

As the plane got closer the captain viewed it through binoculars and said:

"It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737. But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer then spied a "second identical object further to the west".

He said: "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes. I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

The sightings were confirmed by passengers Kate and John Russell. John, 74, said "I saw an orange light. It was like an elongated oval".

The sightings were also confirmed by an unnamed pilot with the Blue Islands airline. The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice states that a Tri-Lander aircraft flying close to Alderney spotted the object.

"Certain parts of the report have not been published. I cannot say why," said a senior CAA source.

Earlier this year however, the MOD declared its intentions to open its UFO files to the publi
    Last edited by ExSoldier; June 22nd, 2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: format
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Well, without any further info, I think I'm gonna stick with my 7.62x39 AK variant, 12 gauge Mossberg Persuader, and .45 1911.

OF course if the aliens are the size of a mouse, or like Paul Bunyan, I may have to rethink things.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

The choice of all heroes!

Here's mine!

Photo courtesy of Pete, formerly known as .02......
    Attached Images

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Perhaps the aliens are friendly. Just because they look like monsters to us does not mean we should shoot them.

Of course if they have a penchant for human flesh then perhaps they should be dissuaded. :)
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    Of course if they have a penchant for human flesh then perhaps they should be dissuaded. :)
    That reminds me of this little classic!

Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! The rest of the book, "To Serve Man", it's... it's a cookbook!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Wink Yeah Buddy: LET'S ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Here's mine!

Photo courtesy of Pete, formerly known as .02......
    I love the pulse rifle and grenade launcher. Aliens 2 has to be one of my FAV NUTT KICK the aliens flicks of all time!

Remember this line: EAT THIS! Shoves a sawed off pump down the alien's throat and blows the head off, spraying molten acid blood everywhere. HooooooYAH!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lookit PapaScout: NOBODY friendly cruises the skies of a world where they've NOT made "friendly contact" in a ship a MILE in diameter! Didn't you see "Independence Day?" Come to think of it, we ARE coming up on the 4th of July.....

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    LOL,

Good thought Ex...

I think i'm gonna have to go pick up some more ammo, definately don't have anywhere near enough on hand!

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Didn't you see "Independence Day?" Come to think of it, we ARE coming up on the 4th of July.....

JD
    Administrator
    After wathcing "Signs" too many times, I may add a super soaker to my arsenal.

Otherwise, my current inventory is good to go as is.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    After wathcing "Signs" too many times, I may add a super soaker to my arsenal.

Otherwise, my current inventory is good to go as is.
    I just bought the kids some squirt guns..unfortunately, they were the cheapo 5 for a buck ones at walmart... I don't think they are going to be adequate for defending against an alien invasion...

Its ok though..I'm sure we'll get the full story from the Government (either ours or the British) and find out that they were just weather balloons

I want what they're using:

I too want an M41-A pulse rifle that fires the 10mm explosive-tipped caseless; standard light armor-piercing round.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

VIP Member
    My hotel is used by several airlines for their crews. I am not amazed that some of them will actually see mile long UFOs after the alcoholic binges they partake.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links