Is This Baby 4Real ????

This is a discussion on Is This Baby 4Real ???? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Couple battles to name baby 4Real AUCKLAND, New Zealand, June 21 (UPI) -- A New Zealand couple have tangled with authorities over the refusal to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This Baby 4Real ????

Administrator

Talking Is This Baby 4Real ????

Couple battles to name baby 4Real

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, June 21 (UPI)

-- A New Zealand couple have tangled with authorities over the refusal to register "4Real" as the name of their son.
    "The name has meaning for us, so why not?" the father of the baby, Patrick Wheaton, told the New Zealand Herald.

"If it was George Bush's child, or the Dalai Lama's, no one would care what it was called," Wheaton said.

He and his wife Sheena said they decided on the name after seeing an ultrasound scan of their baby and realizing it was "for real."

The couple said the chose the spelling "4Real" because it was the clearest and simplest way of writing it down.

A statement by the Registrar-General of Births, Deaths and Marriages, reported by the Herald, said the name hadn't been rejected at this stage and that discussions were ongoing in an attempt to clarify the situation.

"Unusual names are considered on a case-by-case basis," the statement said.

Names that have been rejected previously by the registrar-general on the grounds that they are "likely to cause offense to a reasonable person" include "Satan" and "Adolf Hitler."

Well, I Guess the Baby Name "2Cute" is out then also.

My "baby" is named 45Colt

2. Remove Ads

Wasn't there another name also that just had the same kind of reaction a few months back?? Seems like it was from that area of the world also, and the gov't over there refused them, cant think of what the other name was though.

I'd be pissed if our gov't tried to control what names we used and I had a child. Of course, on the other hand, I wouldn't dare name my child "4Real"
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

JD
    Administrator
    Why not just name the kid 100%, or Furreal? How about Youaintjustwhistlindixie for a name?

I read somewhere last night, that if the Gov't and the parents can't reach an 'agreement' on the baby's name, the Gov't will enter the baby's name as "Real" on their registry.

I'm all for using semi-unique names..but some of what people want to name their kids is just plain outrageous and stupid. Naming your kid 4Real, is just setting the kid up to get beat up and harassed until they are old enough to change it themselves..

So, I guess I can't get my name changed to baby's daddy?
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Distinguished Member
    And, of course, let's not forget Orangejello, Lemonjello, and everybody's favorite - Nosmo King!

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I guess I won't move to New Zealand if I want to name my kid Cosmoline.

No matter how stupid the name is, what business is it of any government.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Someone tried to change their name to God a couple years back, in Virginia I believe. They wouldn't let him. Some people just want attention and do stupid things to try to get it. I would be affraid to name my kid something really stupid like that, they might pull a Menendez brothers stunt on me.

Lead Moderator
    I heard that the decision was based on the number! it appear that something like Fourreal would be legal, but not 4real. (No numbers in names allowed.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I'm glad these people were not my parents. They may think they are being funny by nameing this poor kid with an odd ball name. It's the kid who will have to deal with it.

Administrator
    I agree my cousin 8Ball has had a really tough time in school concerning being constantly teased but my other cousin 1FistInYourFace has never had any problem. Strange?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I worked with a guy named Dahl...pronounced Doll. When his wife was expecting I came up with a couple of names. Ima Baby or China. I think he decided to use Susan. He just didn't see the humor of it all.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    Wasn't there another name also that just had the same kind of reaction a few months back?? Seems like it was from that area of the world also, and the gov't over there refused them, cant think of what the other name was though.

I'd be pissed if our gov't tried to control what names we used and I had a child. Of course, on the other hand, I wouldn't dare name my child "4Real"

My GF sent me that article, they tried naming their baby(a girl IIRC) "METALLICA" as in the rock band.
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

VIP Member
    Mrs. Clean had an occasion at work to help a woman that had named her son " Brier Patch" and her girl " Icy Storm". What was she thinking!

And I thought George Costanza on SEINFELD liking the name "Soda" was amusing!!

I know a preacher named Ivan Odor who named his daughter Ima Odor....NO LIE! Thankfully, he named his son Kevin.

I saw a birth certificate cross my desk at work a year or so back where the girl named her son Annakin Xander...Star Wars fans will get it!!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links