I got neighbor troubles Part 2

This is a discussion on I got neighbor troubles Part 2 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As some of you will remember, we were having problems with out next door neighbors. The kids were stealing and just making life hellish for ...

Thread: I got neighbor troubles Part 2

As some of you will remember, we were having problems with out next door neighbors. The kids were stealing and just making life hellish for us on the street we live on.

We have since found out that they have not been restricting their activities to our street but the entire subdivision. So there are quite a few people in the subdivision who are actively trying to get these people out of here.

I called the leasing company that we lease our house from (the same company they lease from) and asked the office manager if it would be possible for him to give me a little heads up if they are going to be evicting them. I told him my son who is 16 and out of school for the summer is here by himself in the day time while his Mom and I are at work and I just wanted to know if I should be on the lookout for any possible retaliation. After all, we live right next door so it would be easy to take any frustration out on us.

He tells me that they will be served by the end of the week so my son is on high alert during the day. We have a plan, he knows what to do. I won't go into it here but I am just a bit nervous about this.

It will be nice to have the thieves out of the neighborhood though. No one will cry when they leave I can tell you that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sounds like they're a "clan" in the feral sense of the word. I'm sure you're already prepared for it, but like as not their effectively having their thieving dirty laundry aired won't go over too well. I wouldn't put it past them to commit a bit of violence, if pushed.

Sounds like it will soon be a very good riddance.

Keep in mind, though: they know where y'all live. And, unless you move, that won't change no matter where they shove off to. Word to the wise, as they'll only be a car ride away.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hopefully the next tenants will be a little better. When we used to live in a subdivision, the house next door was a rental. In the seventeen years we lived there we saw one set of losers after another move in. We'd celebrate one set of misfits moving out and another would move right in. It was actually a nice subdivision with clean well kept houses except for this one... the rental. Barely any paint on the trim. Trees overgrown. Yard mowed twice a year whether it needed it or not. Pine needles and leaves about a foot thick on the roof.

We moved away almost two years ago. Managed to sell our house between tenants. My wife just went back there to visit some former neighbors and "the rental" was trashed. Current occupants have boxes, garbage, and furniture completely filling the carport spilling out into the yard, old vehicles parked outside, barking dogs in the small fenced in back yard.

Man... moving out into the woods was one of the best things I ever did.

wish your community well....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Well, glad they are on their way out. Hopefully they keep busy at moving and ignore you guys as they exit. Don't forget to lock the gate after they leave.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

You change usernames like I change my socks...

Good luck with the neighbor trouble. Not much worse than having crappy neighbors.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Question So???

If you had evidence they were stealing stuff just why didn't you have them arrested and taken out of your misery?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Tried to be non confrontational at first but after we called the police on them a few times they pretty much stopped stealing from us and moved on to other neighbors.

Sadly, some of the folks they have stolen from have chosen not to press charges.

Hopefully they will be a bad memory soon enough.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member
    Sorry, Mike, but so glad they are going. I remember the day in Virginia Beach when the rental neighbors drained their oil on to the driveway. Didn't even try to make the drain. Put my house up for sale the next day. Reminds me of the old saw, "How can you tell when you are in an upper class subdivision in West Virginia? There are TWO cars up on blocks!"
    ps. your avatar is spooky!

Assistant Administrator
    I shall hope Mike this will solve the main problem - and as long as you and the boy are alert and prepared then probably not gonna be any problem. They gotta know they have made more enemies than just you!!

I will hope also you get some decent new replacement neighbors - folks who you can live with and not have issues - in fact perhaps if they are stand up folks they will only further help with vigilance around the street.

I was out in the roadway last night at 10.00pm - along with one or two other adjacent folks - we were mad as heck after a local idiot decided to race around and up and down in his very potent four wheeler, with a real loud muffler. He wisely decided to go elsewhere - which suited me because I was not wanting any major troubles.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You come home to relax and unwind. Neighbors like that can sure raise the blood pressure.

Mike,

I wish you the best. If nobody stood up to them, they'd just keep right on doing what they're doing. It's better to push them off on somebody else.

As to Manzanita's comment -- Not all renters are bad, and some landlords leave MUCH to be desired. OTOH, some are flat-out awesome. The yard is the tenant's problem. The trim being painted is the landlord's. Unfortunately, I have never owned a home, owing to the fact that I change addresses like SammyIAmToday changes socks. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I was out in the roadway last night at 10.00pm - along with one or two other adjacent folks - we were mad as heck after a local idiot decided to race around and up and down in his very potent four wheeler, with a real loud muffler. He wisely decided to go elsewhere - which suited me because I was not wanting any major troubles.

When a neighbor to my parents turned out to be low life drunks, and thief's, making my mom N dad life's miserable, I took over and made their life so miserable they moved away, how.... is a very long story but it involves the phone and a lot of calls to the right government agency's.

My neighbor let her kid put a Mobile home in her backyard, he did not like my animals in the back field and started compiling a lot to the township, the zoning administrator started to harass me, I called the township supervisor and told him in no uncertain terms "I can afford a better lawyer than you can, one more incident and this will get very expensive for you, the neighbor and the township"

My other house is on a dirt road, and a local moron kept racing around the block throttle to the firewall, 1st time around I was what is that, 2nd time I was what the heck, 3rd time was 911, 4th time the county sheriff was waiting for him.

Bullies are everywhere from childhood through out your adult life, the moral here is pay attention and do not put up with any bozos that are low life's or you will regret it, their are ways to deal with them without resorting to violence, learn and use them when needed.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Good luck to you and the family. I had drug dealers next to me for a few months. Hell, pure hell.
    Keep your powder dry

Links