Apple iPhone Is Anybody Going To Buy One?

This is a discussion on Apple iPhone Is Anybody Going To Buy One? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm thinking seriously about it if I can find one once they hit the shelves. Anybody else thinking about buying one? The most anticipated gizmo ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple iPhone Is Anybody Going To Buy One?

Administrator

Apple iPhone Is Anybody Going To Buy One?

I'm thinking seriously about it if I can find one once they hit the shelves. Anybody else thinking about buying one?

The most anticipated gizmo of the summer -- nay, the year -- is about to make its debut. The sleek, smart and sexy Apple iPhone is a 3-in-1 combination of smart-phone, Internet communicator and widescreen iPod.

But is all the flash and buzz worth the iPhone's high price? At $499 for the 4GB model and $599 for the 8GB model, do the Apple iPhone's bells and whistles justify the cost? Following are our top 10 reasons you should save up for the Apple iPhone -- the most talked-about gadget ever.

Screen Star
    Pick a feature, any feature. Our favorite is the Apple iPhone's dexterous touch screen display, which changes with your needs. From conventional keyboard, to video player, to music library browser, any iPhone function is right at your fingertips. That translates to easy texting or typing emails and simple scrolling through lists with a swipe of the finger.

Crystal Clear (and Big!) Screen
    Clear, sharp and vibrant: that's a lot to cram into the Apple iPhone's 3.5 screen. But the display is 320 x 480 pixels, which in layman's terms is a whole bunch. Since there's no keypad to take up important space, the iPhone's screen is all screen, which will provide a full multi-media experience.

Intelligent Design
    See the picture, touch the button. It is that simple. Just touch the icon for what function you want to perform. A built-in gizmo allows you to switch views from portrait to landscape without having to change a thing. Searching through contact names or emails is a snap with one-finger scrolling. Flip through album covers to choose your music and zoom in on photos or web pages with one touch.

Be the Coolest Kid on the Block
    As if you weren't already, of course. But just think of the possibilities when you flash your Apple iPhone at happy hour, in line at that exclusive club or at the next department meeting. Waiter, we'll have what he's having!

In iTune
    Pick your best iTune playlists and transfer them over to the Apple iPhone. Videos will pop up on the 3.5 screen for full viewing. Browsing through music and videos is akin to flipping through your CD cases. Just touch the cover art to get the party started.

Wi-Fi Wonder
    Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology support high-speed Internet and data transfer on the Apple iPhone, which in itself may not sound like much. But add the ability to multi-task while downloading files or talking on the iPhone, and the result is a device that's as productive as it is fun.

Web, Glorious Web
    The Apple iPhone's easy-to-navigate Safari Browser displays Web pages as you'd see them on your desktop. Zoom in by double-tapping a section of the screen that interests you. Full HTML emails are yours to send and receive on the Apple iPhone, as are Google Maps, which allow you to telephone after you've pinpointed the location. The QWERTY keyboard makes for easy messaging.

Quick and Crafty Mac OS X
    A streamlined version of Mac OS X makes the Apple iPhone fully mobile, but still desktop-like. While it's not the full operating system, the iPhone OS X still includes key features, especially the software that makes the animation so slick.

It's Hot (Looking)
    Should we splurge on something just because it's good looking? Of course! A large screen means it's easy to see videos, emails and Web pages on the Apple iPhone. Weighing in at less than five ounces, the sleek design of 4.5 by about 2.5 gives it ultimate portability. Kind of proves that old adage that good things come in small packages.

We Love Widgets
    If you don't know Mac, a Widget is a quickie way to check all that important stuff: your stocks, the weather in London, the status of that flight to Dubai. These handy little shortcuts keep all the information you need truly at your fingertips.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    QKShooter,

I am getting one, for sure. However, I am greatly techno impaired, so, like my brain, I will probably use 5% of it. I'm getting it because 1) My current cell phone is almost dead. 2) I carry around a Daytimer, an ancient iPod with a 30 minute battery, and my cell. To be able to put all three in one is almost worth the price... almost.
    My biggest fear is that, like buying a prototype car, you suffer all the kinks and jinks of an untested product. What will be interesting is to see how well their warranty works and how much extra Cingular will charge for using the phone (internet?).
    We ought to compare notes about 30 days after we get it.

Sorry, but I would rather have elss phone than more phone. I have a work Blackberry that I hate, and for the cost of a new IPhone, I could get a new handgun!

What is cooler? An IPhone, or new handgun? Ok, I'll tell ya. It's the handgun!
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

As a man who works outdoors in the heat and the humidity I am not in any rush to get a $500 gadget that breaks the first time I take it out.
    I love Apple but no.

I want a phone made by SureFire. Give me a waterproof, unbreakable case with a 9 LED flashlight built in. I'd pay $200...

naw ill pass

I have to carry a pocket PC for work. Otherwise, all I want my phone to do is make a freakin' phone call. Even that seems too much to ask in the mountains of eastern KY.

IMO, it's just another overpriced gizmo that will be outdated in a year (assuming it isn't recalled). If I spend that kind of money, it'll be on a new gun.

I really like the looks of them...but then I'm a computer geek so that's not a big surprise. But too much $$$ for me to spend on something as "disposable" as a cell. the $60/mo service isn't really calling to me either as I currently have a discount rate though my wife's hospital and we get two phones for $75 after taxes with more minutes than we use...so for now I'm staying away. The technology will dribble down over the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    I really like the looks of them...but then I'm a computer geek so that's not a big surprise. But too much $$$ for me to spend on something as "disposable" as a cell. the $60/mo service isn't really calling to me either as I currently have a discount rate though my wife's hospital and we get two phones for $75 after taxes with more minutes than we use...so for now I'm staying away. The technology will dribble down over the next couple of years.
    It's $60 basic, $80 and $100 plans also exist.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    When somebody figures out how to install Linux on it, I might consider the idea.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

I'll wait as well for at least 11 reasons...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...e/article.html
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

JD
    Administrator
    Lima wants one in the worst kind of way...

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Lima wants one in the worst kind of way...
    Don't let her do it!

Think of the ammo one can buy with that money.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the second generation, with the star III GPS chip.

No, not considering one. Voicemail works fine on my camera-less cell phone, and that's about as "into" the modern conveniences as I prefer. Simple is good.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

not for me .....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links