Man With Headache Finds Bullet in Head

This is a discussion on Man With Headache Finds Bullet in Head within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tuesday, June 26, 2007 A woman was arrested Tuesday after her husband woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible headache and ...

Thread: Man With Headache Finds Bullet in Head

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A woman was arrested Tuesday after her husband woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible headache and later learned he had a bullet lodged in his head.

St. Lucie County (FL) Sheriff's deputies initially thought Michael Eugene Moylan had been hit by a stray bullet, but later realized the couple's story did not match up, Sheriff Ken Mascara said.

April Moylan, 39, was arrested Tuesday and was in the process of being charged with attempted murder, Mascara said.

Moylan, 45, woke up at 4:30 a.m. and thought he had suffered an aneurism or that his wife had elbowed him in his sleep, authorities said.

His wife drove him to the hospital where doctors said a bullet had lodged behind his right ear. Authorities obtained a search warrant for the couple's home, located in an upscale gated community, and later arrested the wife, Mascara said.

Evidence indicated that Moylan had been shot at close range by someone in the house and it was clear there were inconsistencies with the couple's story, Mascara said.

April Moylan eventually told authorities she accidentally shot her husband. It was not immediately clear if she had an attorney.

"How can this guy be shot, not know that he was shot in bed and then walk into a hospital room. It was just amazing to all of us," Mascara said.

Michael Moylan did not undergo surgery, but was transferred to a trauma facility, authorities said. His condition as not known.

Can you say, 'hard headed?'
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    All very fishy!

Can we say .22 cal - or .25? And ''accidentally" - hmmm OK - pull the other one.

Can't help thinking about when mascara runs - - but seems she didn't!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Years ago when I was a practicing Respiratory Therapist, we had a guy who had been shot in the face, intentionally, with a .44 Magnum by his wife. He wasn't even mad at her, she was with him at the hospital every day. I sure wanted to ask him if he wanted to sell the gun, but thought that would be a tad unethical..
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

If it wasn't a small caliber round I'd say this guy needs to be is some record book for hardest head.

That is a weird story right there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Geez. If my gal shoots me in the head, we're definitely going to start going to couples counseling.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Follow up to original story.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/..._charged/8859/

Man with bullet in head may be charged

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., June 28 (UPI) -- A Florida man's headaches may be greater than the one caused by the bullet doctors found in his head -- he could face criminal charges.
    While Michael Eugene Moylan, 45 of St. Lucie County was hospitalized in stable condition Wednesday pending surgery, police say he could wind up being charged with unlawful firearm possession by a convicted felon, the Palm Beach Post reports.

Moylan had walked into a West Palm Beach hospital Tuesday seeking treatment for his wound. Police questioned him and his wife, April, 39, about how the shooting took place and apparently got several versions, the newspaper said. Finally, Moylan told investigators his wife was startled when the alarm in their home went off and she shot him with the loaded .38-caliber revolver she keeps under her pillow while she sleeps.

April Moylan had previous felony conviction and so she was jailed on a firearm possession charge. Michael Moylan also has a lengthy arrest record -- mostly for drunken driving and probation violations -- and authorities were considering charging him in the shooting incident, as well.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    Geez. If my gal shoots me in the head, we're definitely going to start going to couples counseling.

That's to much
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    If your head is that hard, fuhgeddaboudit!
    Nothing's going to get thru anyway.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Amazing.

Administrator

Thumbs up Great Story

That was great. I have another one but, don't want to hijack your thread. I'll post it into a different thread.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links