Why is it????

Why is it????

This is a discussion on Why is it???? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That on a gun-related website most of the responses to posts go to the "off-topic" posts, and the fewest go to the "Second Amendment..." posts. ...

Thread: Why is it????

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar

Why is it????

That on a gun-related website most of the responses to posts go to the "off-topic" posts, and the fewest go to the "Second Amendment..." posts. Are we afraid to acknowledge that we are somehow responsible for the state of gun rights in this country?

Antagonistic purely to jumpstart your minds!

think about it fellas!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

VIP Member
    Because we are pretty much in agreement and we are well informed individuals in the subject but some of us have not much info on the new IPhone and are suckers for a bad joke?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Most honest and direct answer I could have ever expected. But although we are ALL well informed and such, I love to debate the topic and figured this would be the BEST place to intelligently debated the topic. That is what I am hoping for...am I in the wrong place? Although we agree on the idea, do we all agree on the limits?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Maybe....

My thread titles just suck???? Don't draw in the crowd??? Fire away!!!

Second amendment chatter or debate will be perciptated by news stories or events causing a challenge to rights. Then you will hear plenty. Otherwise it is like preaching to the choir. The various topics, most of which are gun related, are a wholesome and sometimes enlightening and entertaining repast.
    Last edited by Sam Douthit; June 27th, 2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

What are you saying Sam? That until it is almost too late most do not concern themselves with their rights. I TRULY hope that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    Maybe....

My thread titles just suck????
    Yes, they do.

Seriously, though. This forum is pretty much an echo chamber when it comes to 2A rights. The threads that get really big are the controversial ones: 9mm vs. .45, 1911 vs. Glock, AK vs. AR. When everyone has the same opinion on a topic, it's just not very interesting. A thread that starts, "I support our right to keep and bear arms!" followed by a bunch of "Me too!" posts is boring as hell.

OK Blackeagle I agree.

My question is what are you doing about it? Where do you stand on HR 1022? When is the last time you voted? What is your plan to fix the current anti-gun trend?

Not SPECIFICALLY you, but all of us. What is the "plan?" I have mine...I will be working on a run for state office (ok I hear the grumbles...but what are you doing?)

Ok I'll bite.

I've been learning more and more about what our Second Amendment rights used to mean. Mostly due to the book Unintended Consequences, but also from checking up on the info in the book as I just couldn't believe how many 2A rights we've lost.

Until recently I didn't see much problem with having to get a concealed weapons permit to be able to carry a gun, or go through a background check. I guess I just didn't take "Shall Not Be Infringed" to it's full conclusion or truly understand why our Founding Fathers put it into our Bill of Rights. I thought I understood but the more I think about it the more I realize I really didn't.

Now I'm starting to feel that there should be no laws governing what we can and can't own and carry and that there should be no form of registration or paper work associated with gun ownership or carry status. I've joked with my fiancee (Laura) that the more I learn about this and the more I think on it, the madder it makes me and the more running to the hills to become a mountain man looks like a good idea

There have been several times lately that I've wanted to post here with my thoughts and some questions on how this has happened and if there is anything we can do to get back all of our rights. I'm just not very eloquent at writing my feelings so the posts just stay in my head and never get typed out.

What can we do? I don't know. Vote? Sure, but for whom? Every candidate I've seen so far that has a chance to be elected may have some good views on 2A rights but doesn't support a full repeal of all gun laws. The Libertarians do but I jus t don't see them having a chance to take over a majority of the U.S House and Senate.

I'll stop babbling now and hope that you can make sense of what I'm trying (and most likely failing) to say.
    Rob

Thank you azagthoth, that is the flow of ideas I'm looking for.

Links