Fire Chief Update

Fire Chief Update

This is a discussion on Fire Chief Update within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Heres the link to the original thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25513 Well, the guy seems to be behaving much better as of late. Ive become good friends with ...

Thread: Fire Chief Update

Thumbs up Fire Chief Update

Heres the link to the original thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25513

Well, the guy seems to be behaving much better as of late.
    Ive become good friends with all the other neighbors around my house and talk guns and shoot guns frequently with the two neighbors directly up the road from my house.

But yesterday I was driving my riding lawn mower on a sloped incline in my yard thats by the street.

We've had a lot of rain and the rear wheels started to slide me and the whole damn mower off a small cliff, the mower rolled on top of me and pinning my leg under it. He could see what happened since he was up the street waxing his truck.

He raced down and got the mower off of me and called the ambulance. My leg was pretty gouged and cut up bad. I dont have health insurance so I declined being taken to the ER. I may have to go because my leg is really beat up and bleeding badly. Hurts pretty bad too. Luckily the blade didnt get me. Its an old mower so the engine kept running for a few seconds after it tipped over.

But since then, he's been nice and Ive offered him to come shooting with us at my cousins property.

So, it seems to have worked out.
    I just hope it didnt cost me my leg!
    lol
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

You were in trouble and he came to your aid . He sounds like an OK guy. You might ought to get your leg looked at though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    You were in trouble and he came to your aid . He sounds like an OK guy. You might ought to get your leg looked at though.
    Yeah, its a shame that Ive paid taxes since i started working at 15 years old and now that I dont have work I cant get some medical help.

But illegals can walk in any ER in the country and have babies for free or any other treatment.

Im gonna see if the local hospital has some type of plan for people like me.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Yeah, its a shame that Ive paid taxes since i started working at 15 years old and now that I dont have work I cant get some medical help.

But illegals can walk in any ER in the country and have babies for free or any other treatment.

Good to hear you made friends, to bad it was under those circumstances.
    I'll bet you your medical bill that the hospital does have a program to help people out like you. I went without insurance for a while, and broke every bone in my right foot. They did the work needed for a much much reduced rate, and worked out a payment plan for the rest. The foot was much more painful than the bill.
    You need to get that taken care of, I'd rather be buried in medical bills than buried in the dirt. Infections can set in quickly.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sometimes it takes something bad to make something good happen.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Glad to hear the problem with the Fire Chief has smoothed considerably. Now get to the ER or a suitable doctor. We don't want you to risk gangreene or any other problem that could occur. Take care of yourself and your leg. Most if not all hospitals have programs for folks who have no insurance, they should help.

ummm. I guess thats good (making nice, not the leg). FYI, if you an find an URGENT CARE instead of a Emergency Room, you'll get off much cheaper.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Sig229...

Some people will give an arm and a leg to make a new friend...

Hope your 'gift' is just a few days of pain at the most...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post

Get thy tail to a physician ASAP. If you've got some gunk in there (good chance with the description you gave of the incident), then you need to get it looked at, and possibly go on antibiotics.

If you think the potential bill for some wound care is is bad, consider the potential bill for being admitted for a few days on IV antibiotics....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

You need to get someone to look at it ASAP. Isn't there a public hospital in your area that you could use ? Your taxes are paying for it! Also, if you could change your name to a southoftheriver one, you'd get the best of care, and maybe a new mower to boot.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Injury-Infection-Sepsis-Death.

Get it fixed!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Injury-Infection-Sepsis-Death.

Get it fixed!
    Yeah, I got a call today from the finance office at the hospital and they said to come in and the state will probably take care of most of it. And the Hospital has reserved funds to grant people medical access in times of need.

So, Im going to go and do that tonight. I dont want to go in there during "rush hour" and wait 6 hours.

But at least I can make sure all is okay.

Thanks folks!

Links