Well, well, well.

This is a discussion on Well, well, well. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Whoda thunk it eh - ''safe'' UK just not quite so safe!!! Amazing figures in total - and yet no one is supposed to defend ...

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Well, well, well.

  1. #1
    Assistant Administrator
    Array P95Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    25,482

    Well, well, well.

    Whoda thunk it eh - ''safe'' UK just not quite so safe!!! Amazing figures in total - and yet no one is supposed to defend themselves. Seems like we should not be always taking the flack from elsewhere for crime figures!!!

    British Government Figures `Missing` Two Million Violent Crimes

    The Independent

    An extra two million violent crimes a year are committed in Britain than previously thought because of a bizarre distortion in the Government`s flagship crime figures.

    http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/cri...cle2710596.ece
    A former Home Office research expert said that across all types of crime, three million offences a year are excluded from the British Crime Survey (BCS).

    The poll caps the number of times a victim can be targeted by an offender at five incidents a year.

    If anyone interviewed for the survey says they have been targeted more than five times a year, the sixth incident and beyond are not included in the BCS.

    The authors of a report by think-tank Civitas said the five-crimes limit is " truly bizarre" and "misleading".
    More in the article.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

    "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."


    http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Ex Member Array Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,570
    Chris, no threadjack intended, but while we are talking about the inverted logic (lunacy) of Britain here's another story that you might have missed...

    First it was guns.

    Then it was knives.

    And now, cell phones.

    A teaching union is calling for mobile phones to be classed as potentially offensive weapons.
    NASUWT general secretary Chris Keates said the way pupils misused them to bully their teachers meant they should be banned from school premises.

    She has sent evidence of more than 100 cases of teachers being abused and bullied by phone, e-mail and online.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/6241108.stm

  4. #3
    Assistant Administrator
    Array P95Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    25,482
    No problem Pete - the whole UK debacle re ''offensive weapons'' is so absurd that about anything can count these days.

    The fabric of society there is falling apart and in some aspects we are not that far behind - except we at least can take responsibility for our own safety a whole lot better.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

    "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."


    http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

  5. #4
    Ex Member Array Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    The fabric of society there is falling apart and in some aspects we are not that far behind
    With one very major difference, here 'socialism' is still a dirty word, there it is seen as a solution. I sometimes wonder if the masses there have completely forgotten about WWII...

  6. #5
    VIP Member
    Array Miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami-Dade, FL
    Posts
    6,258
    I am guessing neither one of you belong to the labor party?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

    Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

  7. #6
    Assistant Administrator
    Array P95Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    25,482
    Indeed Miggy - not me anyways Anyways for Pete and me it'd be past tense "belonged"!!!

    Pete - with most WWII vets having passed on I fear the memories of sacrifice and suffering are long gone for most - apart maybe for the few who study any history. Even then I wonder if they truly realize what it was all about. All too far removed now.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

    "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."


    http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

  8. #7
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,399
    But isn't it goverments job to protect us? The laws are only to prevent bad people from doing bad things. So what they took away guns who needs a gun, Took away knives, you can just chew off a hunk of steak. No cricket balls, well tennis balls go farther and are not near as hard.


    OK, it is pretty crazy over there and people must really beileve what I wrote above to go along with it.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  9. #8
    Ex Member Array Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    No cricket balls, well tennis balls go farther and are not near as hard.
    They will never, NEVER, ban cricket balls.

    I can't imagine Britain without cricket...

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will never, NEVER, ban cricket balls.

    I can't imagine Britain without cricket...
    Or lawn bowls...

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array mark555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Posts
    680
    Well they sold the London Bridge now they just seem to be selling out the people.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

    “The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

    “My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will never, NEVER, ban cricket balls.

    I can't imagine Britain without cricket...
    Don't bet on it Pete. Brittan was once known as the land with a rifle in every cottage. Now look at it.

    No offense to anyone who used to live there but, the UK seems to be in the final stages of of morphing into the United Kingdom of Wussies. It will soon have just 2 types of people, predators and victims.

    They aren't far from that now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  13. #12
    Ex Member Array Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Don't bet on it Pete. Brittan was once known as the land with a rifle in every cottage. Now look at it.

    No offense to anyone who used to live there but, the UK seems to be in the final stages of of morphing into the United Kingdom of Wussies. It will soon have just 2 types of people, predators and victims.

    They aren't far from that now.
    No offense taken, I left for good reason.

    I don't like going back but I think I have to this year. Being unarmed there will be a nightmare, not even allowed a Swiss Army knife...

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,207
    It's probably because of our thread here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=27998

    Lol!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array sgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    But isn't it goverments job to protect us?
    .
    Yep, the new Prime minister has a video on Yahoo news saying exactly that. He also asks the people to be patient with the "authorities" and the actions they will need to take to prevent future acts and protect citizens or something.

    Sounds reminiscent of something Nazis said after the Reichstag was burned by "terrorists".

    The big question is: How long before it happens here?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

  16. #15
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,399
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    The big question is: How long before it happens here?
    Never This is why we should be vocal and fight for every right we have. I might like what you say but I'm going defend your right to say it. I don't like criminals but I will fight to see that they get a fair trail.

    We must defend our Rights and our Consitution which garuntees them
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •