DC Gamers - Page 2

DC Gamers

This is a discussion on DC Gamers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was an addict on the Everquest Veeshan server. I was going to move to WoW, but then my girlfriend (at the time) said marriage ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC Gamers

I was an addict on the Everquest Veeshan server. I was going to move to WoW, but then my girlfriend (at the time) said marriage or Warcraft, you decide. I made to smarter move. I feel fortunate that I have not only a gorgeous wife, but one that carries a bigger gun than I do on a regular basis!
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    But we have better racials.

LOL

WoTF does beat the pants off perception..Although Gift of the Naruu is pretty decent, especially at lower levels where you die more anyway..

Curtis27.. you need to do what I did.. get the wife hooked..then she can't complain about how much time you spend playing, because she's playing with you (my wife and I each have characters that we only play while playing together).

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis27 View Post
    I was an addict on the Everquest Veeshan server. I was going to move to WoW, but then my girlfriend (at the time) said marriage or Warcraft, you decide. I made to smarter move. I feel fortunate that I have not only a gorgeous wife, but one that carries a bigger gun than I do on a regular basis!
    Yeah... my wife raids 4 nights a week, has arenas 2 nights a week, and farms constantly for consumables for her raids. She PvP'd for 4 solid months, anywhere from 10 to 18 hours every day, 7 days a week, in order to earn her High Warlord rank. She was the first rank 14 priest on our server, and is the only one to have ever hit it as a healing spec. I used to raid 35+ hours a week (2 raids, 2 servers, 2 different level 60's) - I just can't do that anymore with my job.

Lol, I started with pong in the 70s . Then came asteroids(arcade,woohoo] . Had intellivision, atari 2600 , and finally a nintendo . Skipped everything else after that and came back around to gaming , but on the PC . Played MOH, Diablo, Diablo2 . Now it's strictly PS2 and LOR , Black, and some other first person shooters . Also like my driving games , like Midnight Club etc . Wife says I should grow up she's a tetris kinda person . Go figure .

VIP Member
    solitaire

VIP Member
    I'm starting to feel out of date. If I play anything it's the old Diablo 2 online or Unreal Tournament off line.

What can I say?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I forgot Pong, wow - Pong was good...

Blip...

Blip...

Bloop.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I generally play BF 2 right now, in fact just got off. Frustrating playing with guys who don't clue into the enemies tactics despite them using the same one again and again! Trying to stop a full quad by yourself is painful!! A good commander or squad leader really makes the game enjoyable, I hate bunny jumpers!
    Game name= tankercolin

When my kid & wife let me, I also play Steelbeasts 1 (can't afford the SB 2 pro right now) A very excellent game used by many armies to train in armour tactics. This game requires a great deal of brain power and tactical awarness. You can be a gunner, tank commader, platoon commander or command everything, you can make your own scenarios with an excellent map editor, graphics are dated but the game play is good and true to life.

DC Founder
    I said over in Pete's thread, that we so rudely hijacked (sorry, Pete), my wife and I play WoW. I still have some characters left back on Shadwosong, but we play mostly on Burning Blade. I have a couple of Horde, but for some reason I could just never relate to them very well. Now we play almost exclusively Alliance.

Sounds crazy for an old phart, but I started out playing Yserbius on the Sierra Network, then The Realm, DAOC, EQ (5 years) and now WOW. Lots of others that I tried and never connected with. I am starting to wind down a bit now, but it's fair to say thousands of hours of MMORPGs, not to mention single player games. I never got into game consoles much, my kids always slaughtered me on a controller...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    WoW (Centarian Circle, Alliance Warlock named Deteriota) on the computer, used to play PS2 games with teenaged son before I got too uncool, started it all by playing video arcade games and Atari in college.

PS2....Navy Seal 1 and 2....Gobel conflict 1, 2, and 3....Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2....Gun....and of course GTA the series. I like first person shooters. I have several I didn't care for so I have to see what kind of trade in I can get for them. I have first generation SIMS on the computer. I can control their lives...something I can't do in real life....LOL. My all time favorite and the one that got me hooked was DOOM.
    Last edited by Spirit51; June 30th, 2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add comment
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    When my kid & wife let me, I also play Steelbeasts 1 (can't afford the SB 2 pro right now) A very excellent game used by many armies to train in armour tactics. This game requires a great deal of brain power and tactical awarness. You can be a gunner, tank commader, platoon commander or command everything, you can make your own scenarios with an excellent map editor, graphics are dated but the game play is good and true to life.
    I somehow left this one off my list!!! I have SB2 and SB1. I *love* them. That thing isnt so much a game as it is an exercise in tactics. and youre exactly right. Its just as much about tactics as it is about shooting. Playing it on-line gets about as hairy as I've ever seen a game get.

"SABOT UP!!"
    "ON THE WAY!"
    --BOOOOOM!!!!--
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links