DC Gamers

DC Gamers

This is a discussion on DC Gamers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After having drug Pete's GoogleMap vbulletin integration thread WAY off topic with the mere mention of the addiction that is World of Warcraft.. I thought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Gamers

DC Gamers

After having drug Pete's GoogleMap vbulletin integration thread WAY off topic with the mere mention of the addiction that is World of Warcraft.. I thought I'd try and remove the temptation to continue the OT discussion in that thread, and move it here..

My late night addiction..is World of Warcraft (hey.. I don't have a range in my basement like some of y'all..I need to do something when I get home at 0030 from work)..My wife and I play on the Perenolde server, and all our characters are Alliance.

So.. what video games do the rest of y'all play?

Googlemaps...

Couldn't resist it.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    After having drug Pete's GoogleMap vbulletin integration thread WAY off topic with the mere mention of the addiction that is World of Warcraft.. I thought I'd try and remove the temptation to continue the OT discussion in that thread, and move it here..

My late night addiction..is World of Warcraft (hey.. I don't have a range in my basement like some of y'all..I need to do something when I get home at 0030 from work)..My wife and I play on the Perenolde server, and all our characters are Alliance.

So.. what video games do the rest of y'all play?
    My name is Joe, and I'm an addict.

Ok, here's the rundown.

World of Warcraft - My toons
    Drazak - Proudmoore, Horde 70 troll warrior
    Kaherdin - Proudmoore, Horde 68 undead mage
    Homerus - Proudmoore, Horde 54 orc shaman

World of Warcraft - My wife's toons
    Divinia - Proudmoore, Horde 70 undead priest (High Warlord)
    Juel - Proudmoore, Horde 70 undead warlock
    Gianara - Proudmoore, Horde 65ish undead rogue

plus dozens more between us and various servers.

We are both addicted to Dance Dance Revolution, and enjoy Karaoke Revolution, Taiko Drum Master, and Guitar Hero. I'm a hardcore Gran Turismo fan, and LOVED the Ratchet and Clank games (all on PS2). I own an Xbox, but I only play one game on it - Sid Meyer's Pirates.

I've been known to frag a bit, having been on a ranked Quake II clan (maxed out at 5th overall on the ladder for Lithium Quake II -fasthook)... but if I fire up a FPS nowadays, it's Unreal Tournament 2004.

I'm eagerly awaiting Starcraft 2, and will likely disappear for a while when it comes out.

We own a PS2, Wii, DS Lite and a NES.
    We don't play anything but console games... never got into MMORPGs or the like.

She likes quirky Japanese platformers, Paper Mario and Katamari Damarcy if you know those are very representative...

I play driving sims and first person shooters (but not team based), games like Gran Turismo 4 or RE4... in fact ever since I finished RE4 (over a year ago) I've been uninterested, that was the best game I ever played and nothing else seems half as good. I am 'sort of' excited about Metroid coming on the Wii.

FWIW, I started back in about 1980 with a coin-op Space Invader hobby, worked my way up through Atari, Sinclair, Commodore, Sega and Nintendo.

Yes, I had a Dreamcast - and I actually thought it was good.

Dreamcast WAS good, but had next to no market support or market share. Jaguar was horrible. I own both PS2 Katamari Damacy games, but I mostly reserve their play for parties when I can pass around the wireless controller to all the drunk people. It's quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Dreamcast WAS good, but had next to no market support or market share. Jaguar was horrible. I own both PS2 Katamari Damacy games, but I mostly reserve their play for parties when I can pass around the wireless controller to all the drunk people. It's quite funny.
    I agree on the DC, but it had Shenmue which alone was worth the cost of the console.

JD
    Administrator
    My name is John, and I'm a Halo junkie...When is 3 coming out????

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    The wife and I play WoW; Alliance (mostly), Windrunner server.
    I was pretty big into America's Army, but WoW cured that.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Forza 2, Rainbow Six Series, Ghost Recon Series, Dangerous Waters (hyperrealistic naval sim - Basically Harpoon with graphics), Lock On: Modern Air Combat, and I play some text-based RPG's when I'm really bored (called MUSH).

For all I do play, thats all I play really. Driving, shooting, and strategy. haha
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I play V-Smile mostly Wiggles with my main man there on the left. Back some years, it was computer games, the old classics, Duke Nuk-em, Rise of the Triad (only the trial version, never saw the full blown game), and the Mech-Warrior games. I'm sure in a couple of years will be suddenly thrust into the then current world of gamming when the Wiggles gets old. But hey, it is a learning game at least.

When I was a kid, we had Texas Instruments "pong" (when it was new), Atari and Nintendo 64.

You guys aren't going to laugh at me are you?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I am the co-founder of a guild on the Horde side of Silver Hand (Demon Knights)

But just a few months ago I officially retired. Just not enough time to play anymore.

I am eagerly awaiting Starcraft 2 as well.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Finally, someone Hordish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Finally, someone Hordish.
    If it makes you feel any better, one of my wife's friends plays a Tauren something or other... so its not like we don't know anyone who plays horde.. I think I've even got a undead rogue or three floating around on various realms..Everyone I work with that sucked me into WoW, played Alliance side, so thats where I ended up..so when I got my wife hooked, she rolled alliance as well.

Besides.. alliance races are prettier

Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, one of my wife's friends plays a Tauren something or other... so its not like we don't know anyone who plays horde.. I think I've even got a undead rogue or three floating around on various realms..Everyone I work with that sucked me into WoW, played Alliance side, so thats where I ended up..so when I got my wife hooked, she rolled alliance as well.

Besides.. alliance races are prettier
    But we have better racials.

FOR THE HORDE!!!

That is all.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links