Bookworms? - Page 3

Bookworms?

This is a discussion on Bookworms? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just Finished David Baldacci's Split Second Halfway thru Atlas Shrugged for the umpteeth time Waiting to be read after that for the umpteeth time is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bookworms?

sm
    Just Finished David Baldacci's Split Second

Halfway thru Atlas Shrugged for the umpteeth time

Waiting to be read after that for the umpteeth time is Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth

Been perusing some material I just finished using this semseter in regard to IT stuff, Hallock's book on the .45 , Users Manual for a Firearm or two...and Ruarks's The Old Man and the Boy .

Hey I didn't grow up - just got bigger. So I gave the Ruark Book as a gift and had to read to the kid...granted only 6 months old, but I think he got a kick out of it...I for sure did.
    Use Enough Gun

Just finished Animal Farm and Brave New World, now I'm struggling through Guns, Germs, and Steel. I started it over a year ago, then put it down because, while interesting, it's a slow read. I started it again so I can prepare for the follow up about the decline of societies (can't remember the title offhand).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    My reading tastes change from time to time...currently in a SHTF / end of the world / science fiction direction.
    Good SHTF
    Lucifer's Hammer by Niven and Pournelle
    End of the Age by Pat Robertson (yes it actually is good)
    The New Madrid Run by Michael Reisig (OK)
    Patriots by James Wesley Rawles
    "Ashes" Series by Bill Johnstone
    "Survivalist" Series by Ahern

Not Survivalist but I've recently enjoyed about everything written by Kyle Mills.

Nelson Demille is also a favorite.

I only get time to read while my daughter is falling asleep, maybe 20 minutes a night....currently going through some of the "Ashes" books.

Monty

August 19, 1970 - June 2012
    Recently, I've been rereading all the books on fighting rifles to encourage me to get off my lazy rump and finish my AK book.

Urban Rifle: Some of the Answer by Jim Crews
    Tactical Rifle by Gabe Suarez
    The Farnam Method of Defensive Shotgun & Rifle Shooting by John Farnam
    The Fighting Rifle by Chuck Taylor

Additionally, I've read the "Small Arms Survey 2002" and "Small Arms Survey 2004" from the Graduate Institute of International Studies in Geneva, Switzerland. There is a very neat article in SAS2002 which shows how the black market price of Kalashnikovs can be used as a measure of political instability.

VIP Member
    Thanks, Monty! I'm looking for "Patriots" now.

"Lucifers Hammer" is a really good story...."New Madrid Run" was, like you said, just OK (a little too cartoonish...but then again, we are talking fantasy SHTF here )

Paul, I look forward to your AK book! I'm trying to save up some money to purchase a Rock River carbine, but would like to learn more about my AK and how it operates.

I met Andy Stanford at a Surgical Speed Shooting class here in Colorado last fall...had a BLAST and learned a lot! Looking forward to your input on this forum.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links