Fred '08? - How about now instead??

This is a discussion on Fred '08? - How about now instead?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was sent this via email this morning, I have been slowly digesting it all day. Fred Thompson as Bush's VP. Then he takes that ...

Thread: Fred '08? - How about now instead??

Fred '08? - How about now instead??

I was sent this via email this morning, I have been slowly digesting it all day.

Fred Thompson as Bush's VP.

Then he takes that and runs with it in '08...

I don't see how it's a loser. Unless you're Dick.

Sally Quinn , in a column this week in the Washington Post , suggests Republican senators go to President George W. Bush and ask him to get Vice President Dick Cheney to resign and replace him with Fred Thompson .

Quinn suggests removing the toxic Cheney and replacing him with Thompson, good old Fred that everybody likes. She says it would rejuvenate the Bush administration and give the Republicans someone who can beat the Democrats next year.
    http://metropulse.com/articles/2007/17_26/ear.html

2. Remove Ads

My initial reaction (and I haven't read the linked article yet), is that Bush's generally low approval rating might "rub off" on Fred and hurt his chances to be elected, simply because of his association with the Bush presidency..

I'd still vote for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    My initial reaction (and I haven't read the linked article yet), is that Bush's generally low approval rating might "rub off" on Fred and hurt his chances to be elected, simply because of his association with the Bush presidency..

I'd still vote for him though.
    Agreed. If I was Fred, I'd stay clear of Bush and just run for my own term as President.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    So, those that already suffer from Bush derrangement syndrome will miraclously be cured if the President gets rid of Cheney?

Being the VP isn't a free ticket to the Presidency. No one gains!

There was something similar was suggested towards the end of clinton's reign where it was suggested gore step down for mrs. bill clinton.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I have never thought Cheney was a good choice and I still don't. He has not added to the administration. I am not sure if bringing in Thompson would hurt or help. I would vote for Thompson in either case. I like his stand on Constitutional issues....especailly the 2nd Admendment. I don't think anyone could be worse than Cheney.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I can't believe Cheney's still ticking along. The guy's a poster child for cardiac arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    I can't believe Cheney's still ticking along. The guy's a poster child for cardiac arrest.
    Are we sure he isn't a robot?Or space alien? Is that a heartbeat or the hum of a well oiled machine.
    Last edited by Spirit51; June 30th, 2007 at 06:25 AM. Reason: add comment
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Fred should do it, that way no one votes for him because the Bush plague would have rubbed off on him.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

VIP Member
    This thread is politics only. Bumper has said that political threads are limited to discussing politics as it relates to gun rights. We have had several threads run that discussed the various candidate's positions on gun rights. This one doesn't have a tie in so it is closed.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Links