Progression of TN_Mike from fat to....not so fat

This is a discussion on Progression of TN_Mike from fat to....not so fat within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mike, does your new diet allow for a once a year "pig out" at the BBQ contest down on the river (pic 1)? After all, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progression of TN_Mike from fat to....not so fat

Mike, does your new diet allow for a once a year "pig out" at the BBQ contest down on the river (pic 1)? After all, you can't give up all of lifes little pleasures (esp. Memphis BBQ).

Good job on your weight loss! You do look like a totally different person.

2. Remove Ads

Mike, good to see how you look now, even better than the last set of pics...

You look happy as anything in that pic with your daughter, your face says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_America View Post
    Mike, does your new diet allow for a once a year "pig out" at the BBQ contest down on the river (pic 1)? After all, you can't give up all of lifes little pleasures (esp. Memphis BBQ).

Good job on your weight loss! You do look like a totally different person.
    Nope. No pig out day. And you are correct that the first picture was taken at the Memphis in May BBQ fest at Tom Lee Park but, as you might be able to tell from the look on my face, I am not real happy in that picture. That is because I was not there for pleasure but rather I was working. I work at one of our local TV stations and we do a remote broadcast from there every year. It lasts 4 days and I am there for every day. So, I am not a happy camper in that pic.

I do eat a little BBQ when we are down there because really, I'd be a total moron not to have some BBQ since it is free as the station pays for us to eat when we are down there. (we are there for the whole day and you don't get to leave the park to eat. So, they feed us.) But I do not over indulge. I would hate myself if I worked as hard as I have only to put 5 pounds back on in a weeks time by being weak.

Mike, good to see how you look now, even better than the last set of pics...

You look happy as anything in that pic with your daughter, your face says it all.
    Thanks Pete. I am a happier person. I know it and so does my family. I have also been told that I seem to be a happier person by many of my co-workers. Stress just rolls off my back for the most part now. I sleep better and don't snore anymore. I can concentrate better and I do not get tired nearly as easy anymore.

Just one more set of comparison pics for you....one from 2004 when I got my AK, proudly showing it to the camera and a side view that roughly shows the decrease in gut mass. I have a hard time looking at the one with the AK now. I am ashamed but I post it here in hopes that someone out there who needs to loose the weight may see it and see that it can be done. I did not have any type of operations. Not diet pills taken, prescription or over the counter. No fad diets. Just eating better, eating less, eating something small every two hours so the the digestive system never completely empties out and the body never goes into fat storage mode. And I work out. I work out every night and it is not even nessecary to work out at the level nor for the amount of time that I do every night. Just doing some exercise and buring calories will start the process. Get moving! That is the important thing!

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator

Thumbs up way to go Mike.

You don't look great Mike. You look fantastic.
    Don't get me wrong you still are not as devastatingly good looking as I am but, that would be far too much to hope for.

Seriously, you look totally amazing - and placing your first and last photos side by side I would not be able to tell that you were the same person.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

mike might want to make sure you get your id changed so that the cops will believe it is you when they look at your id!....lmao

GREAT job!! You look totally different from the first pic.

VIP Member
    Mike great job!!! You have done what so many of us can not do.I've been on here for a little while and watch your changes from fat to skinny and 3 name changes. Some where Mike you have to STOP!!! You are making me look bad. lol

Awesome job, Mike!! You should be very proud because it's a MAJOR accomplishment!

You mean the two first pics AREN'T your brothers??

Wow, remarkable positive transformation.

So when can we expect another name change?? Next 6 months or 10 pounds, or which ever comes first???
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I still say you should bring back the handlebars! Lookin' good, my man; I can only hope to share that success.

I promise I will not change my screen name again. Really. Unless we move back to Indiana, which is something we still want to do. But, I have to have a job there first, and that is easier said than done as you all know.

So, it is TN_Mike for a long time to come I am sure.

.................probably......................... ..............

Now I just have to find or make a good avatar. I have gotten several comments on my current one....most say it is slightly disturbing....I kind of like that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links