Got to meet retsupt99

This is a discussion on Got to meet retsupt99 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We arraigned to meet since he was going to be in the area. Got to have brunch with him and talk fro about an hour. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got to meet retsupt99

Lead Moderator

Got to meet retsupt99

We arraigned to meet since he was going to be in the area. Got to have brunch with him and talk fro about an hour. As I figured from his posts here( and some of you FL members can vouch for), he is one heck of a nice guy and fun to talk with.
    While we are probably over 20 yrs difference in age, I still felt at ease and felt like we have known each other for years. Heck he even bought brunch for me. thanks retsupt99, next time I buy and maybe we can get some shooting in too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Thats Cool Rocky nice to meet up with people who have the same thing in common makes it very easy to get along

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    While we are probably over 20 yrs difference in age....
    Wow, Rocky, you must be ANCIENT!

I know Ret and I thought he was OLD!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I am/was supposed to meet with him this weekend as he travels through my town, but work got in the way... again. Two search warrants and 5 felony arrests took more time than I thought.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Always very cool to hear about folks meeting in person who have known each other from here for a while.

Glad you guys had a good meet.

By the way Rocky, I have to tell you, I think your avatar is hands down the best on the entire site. I love it. It makes me laugh every time I see it!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Assistant Administrator
    I envy you Rocky - like most I enjoy being able to meet folks from here but most of the time geographic limitations make it hard if not impossible. Great you could meet with Ken.

I am fortunate to know personally eagle5 as he lives not too far away and coupla weeks ago met Fred - Kompact9 and his charming wife, as they did a mega bike trip from TX - eventually all way up to ME. He will I think hopefully now be home safe and sound again.

One other member here tho not on much is Larry Ashcraft, outa Pueblo CO - he is on THR mostly but met him and one or two others at Tulsa last year - which also included Steve, fed_wif_a_sig.

Otherwise closest I have gotten to meetings has been the occasional chat on the phone.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Anyone passing thru N. Lwr MI feel free to give me a shout. Hope to meet more people from here as I go to different destinations. I missed meeting srfl while in FL. this Feb.
    Who knows Chris , maybe someday we can meet.
    Thanks Mike TN.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    That's great, Rocky. It is fun to meet members and put some faces to the names. I went over to Georgia last August and met Artz. Since then I have met BigJon, Darryl (pgrass101), and Greg (mavrik46). Pierce (Teak) I knew before the joined. I always hope to meet more member. We have several members from South Alabama that I will check into meeting the next time my wife and I go to Mobile to visit her sister and family.

Fortunately for me I do some occasional travel to other parts of the state because wife's family lives in various areas. Also I am on the board of the State Library of Alabama and get to do a little travel to support their work and for board meetings. Both of these kinds of travel allow me to try to meet members. I also go to gun shows in four cities and that puts me in some different locations as well. I have had a ball meeting members at gun shows.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    You should have bought him brunch and just charged it to your DefensiveCarry credit card.
    You know that you don't have any credit limit on that card.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Dang, forgot all about the DC card. Well , will have to buy for him next time he is up here.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    Of course this card would have done Rocky - in the ''old'' days but now obsolete, and expiration is now old. We'll have to drum up a new DefCarry one sometime

This one did I believe belong to a past member

Chris - P95

Lead Moderator
    almost forgot about that one Chris.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I just noticed this, but none of my credit cards/debit cards/ atm cards have a chip like that. In fact the only card that I know of with a chip like that (in that position) is a CAC card. So my question for you P95, what did you use as the basis for the CC credit card?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Assistant Administrator
    what did you use as the basis for the CC credit card?
    It's actually an old one from England and was a debit card, thus I guess the chip region. Time I think to make up the new version soon
    Chris - P95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links