Another reason not to trust others to come to your aid! - Page 2

Another reason not to trust others to come to your aid!

This is a discussion on Another reason not to trust others to come to your aid! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm shocked that people have such disdain to take a picture of someone dying and not offer any aid. And people wonder why I choose ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another reason not to trust others to come to your aid!

Senior Moderator
    I'm shocked that people have such disdain to take a picture of someone dying and not offer any aid.

And people wonder why I choose to carry a gun.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I'll start by saying I find this despicable and horrible. I can't imagine not helping this woman.

And now...what are we constantly told, as a society?
    "Don't get involved, be a good witness(picture?), let the police handle it, don't be a vigilante..."

I attribute the lack of reaction from other customers both to callousness and daily indoctrination by the media and authorities...

Just horrible.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Stepping over someone who is stabbed and dieing? snapping their picture with your cell phone? There is a special place in Hell for people so heartless.
    +1 - what was she thinking, "Look, hon, I saw a woman dying today and took her picture." What in the WORLD?????

Cold, caloused soul to be sure.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar

Angry

That is the most vile,disgusting thing that one human can do to another,we are not naturally wired that way! I don't think I could command my body not to help an injured person, let alone morally (I like to sleep well at night). How could someone do that sort of thing? It's beyond my comprehension. It reinforces the need to carry a sidearm, cellphone, and knife always!!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Wichita, the city of my birth, again finds a way to make me feel real good about leaving that festering cesspool in the planes.

Also, knowing Mark McCormick I'm surprised he wasn't somehow able to spin the story to be another diatribe on white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    Wichita, the city of my birth, again finds a way to make me feel real good about leaving that festering cesspool in the planes.

Also, knowing Mark McCormick I'm surprised he wasn't somehow able to spin the story to be another diatribe on white people.
    Not at all, this is a store that has been in the news for selling drug parafanalia. The folks in the neighborhood have begged them to not cater to the drug crowd, but the owners say crack pipes should be sold to anyone.

I rarely agree with Mark, but the owners of the store are pure filth. Sorry you had to leave ICT, but as one born in Chicago, this is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    ... we are not naturally wired that way!
    On the contrary, I fear that contemporary humans are, indeed, wired that way.

Why is it we harp on the ideal that you train to fight, since when the chips are down you're almost certain to fight like you've trained? Because the base, simple, instinctive things are what we revert to in times of crisis or trouble. Can't understand why so many people in cities simply step over the homeless, or walk right by the panhandlers, or (in this case) take photos of the dead or dying? I believe it's the wired-in mechanism of defense, where the brain is disconnecting from the horror of the situation in much the same way as shouldering past a panhandler.

We also say that criminals are capable of darned near anything. Witness any day's newspaper, to get proof of that.

These behaviors are simply two sides of the same coin, I think. It's how we're wired. As a species, we're capable of just about anything.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links