Are We Truly Prepared?

This is a discussion on Are We Truly Prepared? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was just watching Fox News and saw an Amber Alert issued for a young girl. It seems she was gathering the family for fireworks ...

Thread: Are We Truly Prepared?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Are We Truly Prepared?

I was just watching Fox News and saw an Amber Alert issued for a young girl. It seems she was gathering the family for fireworks and the family heard a scream and went to check and they saw a van speeding off and the child was no were to be found. Now I got to thinking about my own level of readiness during family events at my home. First thing I would do in that situation was give chase to the van while the family searched for the girl. However when at home I rarely have my car keys on my person. By the time I could run into the house, retrieve my keys, and get to my truck, I doubt I could find the Van. Looks like its time to rethink what I carry around the house.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Terrible. Simply terrible. Also one of my biggest fears. Its hard not to be overprotective and keep my kids inside unless I'm by their side, but they are getting older, and I can't keep em locked up forever. When at home, and everyones inside I often deadbolt the doors and disarm and relax, but If they want t go outside I usually re-arm. I guess I should start having my keys on me too. People can suck.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I always have my keys on me.

VIP Member
    I saw the same story earlier. Damn nasty business. I hope they find the kid ASAP
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

This little girl and family should be in all our prayers. I hope she is found un-harmed. People look at us like we're so paranoid because we always have to have the necessities. Guns, ammo, knife, flash light, cell phone, keys, wallet, all 24/7! (For the most part). Stay safe everyone. God bless.
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

My keys are usually in the ingnition, but don't tell my insurance company. ;-) It's a bad habit I know, but hey, I'm rural and we don't have traffic. Someone would have to come through the gate and up the drive to get to the car or my kid. That would be difficult to do without me knowing.

My gate stays closed to keep the dogs in and no one can stop on the road, much less get close to the gate without the dogs going nuts.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Please keep us informed of child's status!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links