Florida Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Florida Home Invasion within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a100113D97.DTL Two teenagers were accused of gang raping a woman and forcing her 12-year-old son to join in the attack, then beating him and pouring ...

Thread: Florida Home Invasion

Florida Home Invasion

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a100113D97.DTL
    Two teenagers were accused of gang raping a woman and forcing her 12-year-old son to join in the attack, then beating him and pouring cleaning solution into his eyes.

Authorities allege Avion Lawson, 14, and Nathan Walker, 16, were among a group of about 10 masked suspects who forced their way into the woman's apartment in a crime-ridden housing project the night of June 18.

The two were being held without bail Friday on suspicion of armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, sexual performance by a child, armed home invasion and aggravated battery. Both were arrested this week, but formal charges had not been filed.

"Any rape case is horrible but this takes it to another level, something you can't think of even in your worst dreams," police spokesman Ted White said.

According to the police report, a man knocked on the woman's door at about 9 p.m. and told her he had a flat tire. The mother and son, whom police have not identified, went outside and were ambushed by a group of gun-wielding suspects.

The victims told police they were forced back into their home and beaten and sexually assaulted. According to authorities, the men raped, sodomized and beat the woman, then forced her son to participate in the assault at gunpoint, making him have sex with his mother in front of them.

The boy was then beaten and had numerous household cleaning liquids poured into his eyes, according to the police report.

The suspects also stole a few hundred dollars worth of cash and jewelry, White said.

White said more arrests were pending, but he would not say if authorities had identified additional suspects. The teens in custody were not cooperating, but Lawson confessed to taking part in the attack, White said. Walker has denied involvement, White said.

DNA evidence in a condom found in the victims' home linked Lawson to the crime, police said. Investigators also say they found a palm print belonging to Walker at the scene.

The victims did not suffer life-threatening injuries and have been released from the hospital, White said.

"They're going through the county victim services for counseling," he said.

Lawson lived in Dunbar Village, the hardscrabble project where the attack occurred. Walker was apparently visiting a friend there, White said.

Authorities believe the suspects all knew each other from the neighborhood, but they don't think they knew the victims directly.

Prosecutors have 21 days from the time a suspect is arrested to formally file charges. Lawson was arrested Tuesday. Walker was arrested Thursday.

A call to Lawson's public defender was not immediately returned. It was not known if Walker has an attorney.
    Just another instance of how vial this world can be. One more reason to make sure you and your loved ones have a proper plan in place for answering your door bell. i.e. - not opening the door and rushing outside to help in the middle of the night. I know it has been discussed on this board time and time again, but this really reiterated it for me. Some people are sick sick SICK in the head.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Sick barely covers it ....... we have some truly evil persons in society, and it only seems to get worse.

Have to wonder how different it might have played out had she gone out armed (and aware!!!). Any punishment I might dream up could not be shown in print.

This is not quite concealed carry per se so am moving it to off topic, as it's hard to fit it in ideally elsewhere.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Yeah i saw this on another forum, its disgusting. Theres a video that shows what these animals are all about, its has some language so it may offend some people, if your easily offended by language, don't click.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/guttah.html

Thats west palm beach "thugs" and from the looks of it, they are heavily armed.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Assistant Administrator
    Couldn't understand much of anything on the audio but heck - if anyone needs reminded of what exists then watch it.

Irresponsible, dangerous, scary - how many (safe) adjectives can we apply? These guys have no thought for human life respect - just power from a gun barrel. No thought either regarding firing into the air

One lowly handgun may well not be enough if faced with these odds ....... but to be armed for the honest citizen even remotely close to such people is essential. Fighting chance - not much more.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I agree, if your don't have a rifle, its time to get one and learn how to use it. Maybe these thugs don't have the accuracy but with that arsenal they do have volume of fire. I fear what would happen to my area when a hurricane comes through. The southside of St. Pete is just like whats depicted in that video and i live 25 minutes away from that.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

The fact they can roam and fire into the air like that scares the ever living $*&# out of me. Never mind owning A rifle... Better get 3 or 4 and enough ammo for you and a couple buddies to hunker down. Pool your resources and keep those punks at bay. Doesn't appear they know how to aim, so you'd have that on your side. Just have to overcome the sheer wall of lead they'd be throwing. Scary to say the least.

that video was obviously faked. those kids were younger than 21, and therefore could not have access to handguns like that.

/sarcasm off

that house looked like a good spot to drop a 500 lb bomb. i'll volunteer to lase the target.

Whatever

Boy, that's a lot of bang bang going on in the middle of Palm Beach, dontcha think?. I think if that was real that video wouldn't have been that long. I guess in that area you can do that much shooting and nobody makes a call. Don't get me wrong I know those people exhist (that is why I carry) but I believe I know fluff when I see it.

Links