Unbelieveable!--West Palm Beach, FL

This is a discussion on Unbelieveable!--West Palm Beach, FL within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Warning!!--This article has some truly awful stuff in it. Fla. Mother and Son Are Attacked Published: 7/10/07, 2:27 PM EDT By BRIAN SKOLOFF and JENNIFER ...

Thread: Unbelieveable!--West Palm Beach, FL

VIP Member

Thumbs down Unbelieveable!--West Palm Beach, FL

Warning!!--This article has some truly awful stuff in it.

Fla. Mother and Son Are Attacked
    Published: 7/10/07, 2:27 PM EDT
    By BRIAN SKOLOFF and JENNIFER KAY

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Mother and son huddled together, battered and beaten, in the bathroom - sobbing, wondering why no one came to help.

Surely the neighbors had heard their screams. The walls are thin, the screen doors flimsy in this violence-plagued housing project on the edge of downtown.

For three hours, the pair say, they endured sheer terror as the 35-year-old Haitian immigrant was raped and sodomized by up to 10 masked teenagers and her 12-year-old son was beaten in another room.

The rest is here (if you are easily upset, do not read the rest): http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editoria...&rg=blsadstrgt

To what pass are we coming in this country?

2. Remove Ads

well that was a pretty disturbing article. I don't even know what to say.

This line really struck me hard though...
    "So a lady was raped. Big deal," resident Paticiea Matlock said with disgust. "There's too much other crime happening here."
    The story itself was very bad...but it is sad on so many levels that someone would say this after the fact.

This is what I find unbelievable:
    "I just feel like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. ... My son is not a rapist," she said.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer him—by force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

It's hard to put into words how crappy that article makes me feel. This just reaffirms to me how low these gang bangers have sunk. A recent FBI report stated as much. It is something we must all keep in mind if ever confronted by such as them.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Senior Moderator
    I am disgusted, the ones who did that were not human.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Sounds to me like the military should consider Dunbar Heights for the next nuclear bomb test site.

I used to work and live in Palm Beach. Some places over there are real bad. Riviera Bch is not a good place to be after dark either.

I certainly feel bad for the victims of this heinous act. It's a shame that people have to live in terror because the streets are ruled by thugs.

Every major city has places like Dunbar Heigths. Low class, ignorant, uneducated, lawless, impoverished human debris huddled together in slums. It's sickening.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

My 24 year old son lives and works about 5 minutes from this neighborhood (jungle?). Way too close for comfort.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Once they find the others responsible...they should be hung in the middle of the place until dead.

Then left there to rot as a warning.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Members,... this is a classic example of crime and despair in South Florida. I spent 22 years in the area, 15 of them working in an area such as the one mentioned. I retired and removed myself 1300 miles from it. Sadly, there are Dunbar in every large urban area.

VIP Member
    They caught 2 of the sick SOB's.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I am the only one that truly believes we should bring back public hangings??
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    I am the only one that truly believes we should bring back public hangings??
    For cases like this being "civilized" is quite a challenge.

Police arrest two in torture and gang-rape of woman, up to eight suspects still at large

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police have arrested two teenagers and are searching for up to eight others who tortured and forced a South Florida woman and her son to engage in oral sex.

Police say the group of teenage boys burst into the woman's Dunbar Village apartment on June 18, brandishing pistols and a shotgun, and demanded money. The victim says when she informed them she did not have any money, the group tortured and gang-raped her for three hours. "They just told me give us the money. I said I don't have money. They told me open the door, get inside. If you yell, we will kill you and your son," she said. "Some of them have sex with me twice, some have sex with me three times, they beating me up and make me do those things over and over. The one who has the big gun, he put the gun inside of me."

The victim says following the gang-rape, the teens forced her to perform oral sex on her 12-year-old son. "I told them it doesn't matter; to save your life, try to do it," she said. "I know you love me and I love you."

After the torture and rape, the teens poured household chemicals into the eyes of the victim's son. He has since regained his sight, but he and his mother are undergoing psychological counseling.

The victim told investigators that she could not identify the suspects because they wore masks. "The one have a big gun in the front and two other with a shotgun and they come in front of me," she said. "They have something in their face. I couldn't even see their faces."

However, detectives retrieved DNA evidence from the crime scene and have linked two teens to the crime. Police have arrested 14-year-old Avian Lawson and 16-year-old Nathan Walker, but the father of one of the two insists his son is innocent. "My son has a good heart, I love my son," said Nathan Walker, Sr. "You know, I'm gon stick by my son. I can't believe he'll do something like that."

The victim emigrated to South Florida from Haiti and says that she could only afford an apartment in the violent Dunbar Village complex. Wachovia Bank has set up an account to help the victim find a safe place to live. If you would like to make a donation, visit any Wachovia branch office and make the check payable to St. Ann's Victim Assistance Fund.

(Copyright 2007 by The Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    Once they find the others responsible...they should be hung in the middle of the place until dead.

Then left there to rot as a warning.
    Yes, but instead, our moron mayor and incompetent police she-chief will talk about how we need to come together as a community; and make sure our youth have stuff to do to keep them busy and out of trouble; and how we need to get rid of the guns on the streets; and how we need to give inner city residents hope and a future and educational and job opportunities.

This city is run by utterly incompetent feces-brains. (Oh, did I mention they're corrupt as the day is long, too?) Things are never going to get better, here. Think about it: we're a long way from having it as bad as D.C., Chicago, Detroit, Newark, Bridgeport, and a host of other places. So there's no reason to think that we can only get better from here.

The people here have the right to get guns to protect themselves, but not the smarts to actually do it. They are still told -- and still believe -- that the police will protect them. (They can't just look around and see that it's obviously not the case -- no, they're too stupid for that.)

All I know is, I'm ready to protect me and mine. The rest can go to hell, just like this city is doing.

Senior Moderator
    Here's why the neighborhood is such a mess:

"So a lady was raped. Big deal," resident Paticiea Matlock said with disgust. "There's too much other crime happening here."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ang-rape_N.htm
    Any wonder the neighborhood is a latrine, when you have people like this living there?

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

What disgusting animals!
    But does it really suprise any of you?
    Time after time we hear of the most depraved acts coming out of the "urban" areas that "civilized" people cannot comprehend.
    And it's always the same group involved.
    And just listen to the complete lack of concern by the neighbors.
    Like it was business as usual!
    Since when did being poor make this sort of behaviour acceptable?
    And the anti-social, anti-law, anti cop, anti-women, anti-work, anti-marriage, etc, etc filth spewed out in the Hip Hop culture is like a feeding trough for these animals!
    Damn shame!
    But maybe they just need more social programs to help them see the light.
    Rant over.

Links