Things we have learned from COPS...

This is a discussion on Things we have learned from COPS... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What have you ever learned from watching the TV show COPS? The thing that sticks most in my mind, apart from the fact that nearly ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things we have learned from COPS...

Things we have learned from COPS...

What have you ever learned from watching the TV show COPS?

The thing that sticks most in my mind, apart from the fact that nearly every idiot they arrest signs the waiver to appear on the show, is that every car in the nation driving around with one rear light not working is full of drugs...

Really, if you're going to make money selling drugs then spend a few bucks on a new bulb... or better still don't, it helps them find you.

2. Remove Ads

And

the bad guys (the inept ones) never wear a shirt

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    If your going to smoke a dubbie, don't put a blunt behind your ear...From one of my favorite episodes. I love it when criminals make it easy
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

that _____ is not mine (put in whatever unlawfull substance/article)

Always carry your brother's/cousin's/friend's ID, it's perfectly fine.

While your at it, carry their credit cards to. There's nothing wrong with that.

Having a "few parking tickets" is a good enough reason to start a high speed chase.
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

Old episodes of COPS make it obvious that a lot has changed in American policing over the years. Specifically with use of force and tactics.

no white trash woman owns a bra
    BUT I LOVE HIM is not going to stop a cop from arresting the bubba who just knocked out your teeth.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

You'd think that being featured on COPS wouldn't help a city's tourism, yet Las Vegas is on regularly and still remains a top ten destination.

Crack does not make you an Olympic class athlete, you will not out run the dog. Oh, and it doesn't make you invisible either, so get out of that bush/tree/attic/under the boxspring...

VIP Member
    Other than crime makes you stupid.....

"I swear officer. Only a couple of beers."
    "I ran because you scared me."

Dude, that thing in front of you with a bright light is a camera. They have on tape you dropping the crack.

There is a lot of people that borrow cars from friends that they don't even know their names.

Going from Macho to Whiner in one point Taser.

If after the 30th repetition of "drop your weapon", you don't, do not complain about being shot.

Best line I heard in COPS: "You have the right to remain silent and I beg you, please use it."

Don't try to play Rodney King in front of the camera when they already have you behaving like an idiot for the last 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Miggy; July 11th, 2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: adding one more.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You'd think that being featured on COPS wouldn't help a city's tourism, yet Las Vegas is on regularly and still remains a top ten destination.

Crack does not make you an Olympic class athlete, you will not out run the dog. Oh, and it doesn't make you invisible either, so get out of that bush/tree/attic/under the boxspring...
    I am not surprised that LE can catch the BG as the BG does his imitation of Jesse Owens. What is impressive is the guy with camera keeping up.

Of course, they will never show a scene where the BG does get away (hopefully, to be captured later.)

Administrator
    COPS only picks on the stupid
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Somehow drugs, guns and other illegal substances magicaly appear in certain peoples car,pockets, bags......
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Administrator
    Hookers dont use their real names. If you borrow a vehicle, let the owner know.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    When I was 20 I did a ride-along with SE Washington DC Police with a good friend (his uncle worked Vice there). I won't say which Precinct, though. lol Don't wanna get anyone in trouble... But I will tell you what... I never watched cops again after that. That August afternoon and night, it was moments of boredom piled into sheer adrenaline rushes. We weren't given vests, but we participated in arrests, tackled fleeing criminals and a thousand other dumb things that the guys with MPD asked us if we wanted to... Our reply was always "HELL YEAH!!" ... Most of it was drugs. Couple robberies. Even had an Officer Down call (that was an experience to be in the car for... I think every cop in DC responded at full throttle.. it wasnt an actual cop, though). Didn't issue a single ticket. Did a LOT of paperwork in between calls, too.

What did I learn from watching COPS? Don't bother. Do a ride-along with SE-DC MPD.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

It has a really catchy theme song....
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Administrator
    I think it was last week...the one guy who was vehicle stopped - he had a driver's license that was expired....30 years ago.
    The cop asked him WHY he never had it renewed....he said...because he was legally blind and couldn't pass the eye test.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links