Maybe Off Topic - NOT humor !!!

Maybe Off Topic - NOT humor !!!

This is a discussion on Maybe Off Topic - NOT humor !!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two little girls (from Florida) were murdered on Mother's Day for no reason. Now, it appears that one of their fathers has been charged. He ...

Angry Maybe Off Topic - NOT humor !!!

Two little girls (from Florida) were murdered on Mother's Day for no reason. Now, it appears that one of their fathers has been charged. He (It) was recently released from prison. I, like ALL of you , have a problem with this. It seems that our real enemy is the courts, and the parol boards. He doesn't deserve any civil rights - he needs to die. Macho ? No, a Father and Grand-Father.. Why turn them loose ?? Why give them special treatement? Cut their Renos off, and let the general population of the prisons have their way with him. (Tooooo much Lite tonight.) It's becoming a weekly ordeal, and it is always someone who has served time. No trials.

DC Founder
    I'm with ya, Geezer....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I'm with ya, Geezer....
    yup

1952 - 2006
    Geezer - you get my vote for Supreme Court Justice.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

When I am king it will be so.

Seriously if there was a permit allowing citizens to volunteer their time to help catch pieces of crap like this...

Assistant Administrator
    My thinking on this is -

Albeit way too late - get ''ol' sparky'' fired up - quick! We have no room on this shrinking rock we call home for slimes - none at all. They have forfeited their right to residence.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

I Am Really Confused About All Of This

What the hell is going on these days with all of these kids being abducted and kidnapped and killed? This is all just totally insane!
    Is it all of the media attention that is causing the sickos to go into a feeding frenzy? It's just one right after another. And now two little girls!?
    It is really getting to be just too much of this crap.
    Things are getting pretty damn bad when I don't even feel like putting the daily news on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    When I am king it will be so.

Seriously if there was a permit allowing citizens to volunteer their time to help catch pieces of crap like this...
    Or better yet...to help execute!!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    My thinking on this is -

Albeit way too late - get ''ol' sparky'' fired up - quick! We have no room on this shrinking rock we call home for slimes - none at all. They have forfeited their right to residence.

Totally agree! I'd prefer a "slow fry" though. Crimes against women and kids just makes me go berserk.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    Totally agree! I'd prefer a "slow fry" though. Crimes against women and kids just makes me go berserk.
    I agree with you. If it were up to me many of these perverts, and other names I shall not use on here, do not deserve to be set free much less allowed to live once they commited the crime. I think we should all thank the ACLU for defending these pieces of crap!! :216:

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    It seems that our real enemy is the courts, and the parol boards. He doesn't deserve any civil rights - he needs to die.
    Sure seems like we had a lot less repeat ofenders back in the "old days" when you could take that kind out and hang them!!

People spending 10-20 years on death row seems, well, just stupid! How are we executing these people......... Death by old age??
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member

Here's the most recent article.

Father Arrested in Slaying of Two Girls By NATHANIEL HERNANDEZ, Associated Press Writer
    38 minutes ago

ZION, Ill. - When the father of a missing 8-year-old found her bloodied body in a ravine, next to her lifeless best friend, it seemed every parent's worst nightmare.

Jerry Hobbs, just out of prison, led police to the girls himself. They wanted to know how he found them. They kept asking him questions. Finally, after hours of being interviewed, Hobbs was charged with both murders, a crime that stunned this small city near the Wisconsin line.

"I think its safe to say his reaction to questions piqued the officers' interest to question him further," prosecutor Michael Waller said in announcing the charges Tuesday.

Waller would not discuss possible motives for the killings but said details would come out when Hobbs appeared in bond court Wednesday.

"This horrific crime has terrorized and traumatized the Zion community and, I think it's safe to say, people of good will everywhere," Waller said. "There's no rational explanation or reasonable motive that can be ascribed to an act of horror like this."

Hobbs, 34, took authorities to the bodies just off a bike path early Monday, claiming he had spotted them while searching for his missing daughter with the girl's grandfather, Arthur Hollabaugh.

Hobbs was questioned through the day Monday and again Tuesday in the deaths of Laura Hobbs, 8, and Krystal Tobias, 9. Both girls had been beaten and stabbed multiple times and then left to die in the woods on Mother's Day.

The county coroner, Richard Keller, said the girls were found side-by-side, facing up and did not appear to have been sexually assaulted. They appeared to have been killed near where they were found, he said.

"If it was him, then good thing they brought him down," said Krystal's 15-year-old brother, Alberto Segura. "We never thought a father would do that to a daughter. They were just babies. They didn't do anything wrong."

Hobbs has an extensive criminal history dating to 1990 in Texas, including arrests for assault and resisting arrest, according to records kept by the Texas Department of Public Safety.

For the two years up until April 12, he was in a Texas prison serving time for assault involving an argument with Laura's mother, Sheila Hollabaugh, during which he grabbed a chain saw and chased neighbors through the trailer park where they lived, according to Rick Mahler, assistant district attorney for Wichita County, Texas.

No one was hurt in the 2001 incident and someone subdued Hobbs by hitting him in the back with a shovel, Mahler said. Hobbs was sentenced to 10 years probation but failed to appear for required meetings, so his probation was revoked in 2003 and he was imprisoned until last month.

Arthur Hollabaugh said Hobbs had been living with the Hollabaughs after his release. He said he worried authorities might be trying to railroad Hobbs in their search for the girls' killer.

"Jerry just got out of prison for aggravated assault, and I think they're holding that against him," Hollabaugh said before police announced charges against Hobbs. "I don't think he did it."

Hollabaugh described the search for his missing granddaughter and said he and Hobbs were in the woods shortly before dawn Monday when they spotted Laura's bike part way down a ravine in the brush.

Minutes later, he said, Hobbs was screaming that he had found the bodies. "I went and I seen them from a distance," said Hollabaugh. "It was clear they were laying there."

At the entrance to Beulah Park, more than a dozen young children stood quietly around a growing memorial of flowers, balloons and stuffed animals.

One sign read: "May your angels rest peacefully in heaven."

Zion, along Lake Michigan, was founded in 1901 by a religious faith healer as a utopian community. It has about 22,000 residents but retains a quiet — at times, rural — feel despite being on the edge of both the Chicago and Milwaukee metropolitan areas.

Parents upset about the police response packed a school gymnasium Tuesday night to hear public officials discuss the slayings, the charges and safety in the community.

Segura joined the group but said his mother was distraught over the loss of her daughter.

"She doesn't want to live anymore," he said. "She was the family's little girl and now she's dead."

___

Associated Press writer Don Babwin in Chicago contributed to this report.

I agree with you 1000000000%

If he did it, the f@#$!#g savage should die, he deserves nothing else.
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Just as long as it dies slow...

"No one was hurt in the 2001 incident and someone subdued Hobbs by hitting him in the back with a shovel, Mahler said."

Whoever hit it is probably thinking "I missed...should've gone higher". I'd have to agree...

Links