Troops home in 120 days?

This is a discussion on Troops home in 120 days? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The House has voted to bring the troops home in 120 days. So, the terrorists will have to come to us then? http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT WASHINGTON (AP) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troops home in 120 days?

Troops home in 120 days?

The House has voted to bring the troops home in 120 days.

So, the terrorists will have to come to us then?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Iraqi government is achieving only spotty military and political progress, the Bush administration conceded Thursday in an assessment that war critics quickly seized on as confirmation of their dire warnings.

Within hours, the House voted to withdraw U.S. troops by spring.

The House measure passed 223-201 in the Democratic-controlled chamber despite a veto threat from President Bush, who has ruled out any change in war policy before September.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Nope, after we pull out all violence in the middle east will go away Sorry, I couldn't help myself, that's what the liberals want us to think...

Bush will veto the bill, we will be there for quite a while longer, probably at the very minimum until Bush is out of office.

Someone asked me when I got home from Iraq how long we would be there, I think I said at minimum a decade, I don't see this being over any time soon.

I'm seriously torn between both sides of this, we need to get out of there, but at the same time we can't just pull out like we did in Somalia.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    The House is impotent in this matter. They cannot bring the troops anywhere. Their power is limited to cutting off funds for the troops. And they just passed a funding bill.

The misinformation provided by the MSM regarding Congress along with people like Pelosi and Reid is that Congress has a function to provide oversight to the Executive. Of course, that is complete nonsense.

I wish people would read the Constitution and understand the intent of the Founders by reading the Federalist Papers. More than that, I wish that schools would teach basics to our children.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    If we pull out before the job is done, Israel is going to be pissed... and possibly crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    If we pull out before the job is done, Israel is going to be pissed... and possibly crushed.
    Maybe we should just let Isreal have at it, Go in full force, kill everything that moves and is armed, and call it a day.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GotSig? View Post
    Maybe we should just let Isreal have at it, Go in full force, kill everything that moves and is armed, and call it a day.
    We could/should do that as we already are there and have began the job. Our troops are still in Japan, Germany, Korea just to name a few, so I expect that we are going to be there for some time. What does burn me up a little is that the Iraqi government doesnt seem to be trying very hard to stand on their own two feet. Then again I only know what I see on TV.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Leave? Ha! I'll hold my hand on my butt till we leave. I bet it grows there.

There is oil in them there hills. We aren't going anywhere.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

My line about them coming here and us having to fight them on our own soil instead of over there is based on what Rumsfeld etc were saying the past few years, probably since the time that people first started questioning why we are still there and the Iraqi government still can't organize a their way out of a paper bag.

I don't think we'll pull out either, just feel that the repercussions of public sentiment are finally getting through.

We do need to be there, but not at the expense of them doing it themselves. They have no incentive presently. It's a catch-22.

And hopefully Israel will give us sufficient warning to get out before they turn Iraq into glass...

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    There is oil in them there hills. We aren't going anywhere.
    God I'm sick of hearing that. There's oil in Germany and Japan, too... right? That's why we still have troops there.

All that Korean oil explains why US troops are still guarding the DMZ. Lots of oil in Panama and Grenada, too.
    Last edited by Scott; July 13th, 2007 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Personal attack
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

well if you think about the middle east countries have at least 1/3 of the worlds easily and cheap to get oil is in the one small area. so yes we will remain in that area for a while till it is gone. simple as that. we are there for cheap oil. after that is gone we will be gone and we wont care if the blow the hell out of each other in their little sand box(or glass if Isreal has its way).

Administrator
    We're not going anywhere no matter what Grandma Pelosi sez.

And Israel will not get crushed. Israel is going to erase a few locations off the map in Iran pretty soon.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'll Put $$$ On This One...

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    We're not going anywhere no matter what Grandma Pelosi sez.

And Israel will not get crushed. Israel is going to erase a few locations off the map in Iran pretty soon.
    I agree, Israel IS going to take care of Iran's Nuke sites...and soon!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    If we do pull out sooner rather than later, (I'm thinking that won't happen) we should revisit that thread about carrying rifles and have a bit more in depth discusion. There worth will take on a whole new perspective. IMHO

edit to add:After more thought on this, it smells a lot like a political game, We know we can't win, but now we can say look what we tried to do, and that evil G.W. shot it down. We are such good saints.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

You know, thinking about this whole Iraq war thing has just got me so pissed about the general direction our leaders are taking us. Our politicians spend almost all their time attempting to "stab the others in the back", and this Iraq war is the same way. Maybe I have just finally come to the conclusion that everyone else has that we ought to get rid of EVERY politician in Washington, and start over with a fresh new group of people that are truly concerned about this country, and not what they can line their pocket books with.

If we do end up having to pull out before the job is done, then I hope that the President will go on TV and say "we might be pulling out, but if we are attacked again by ANY extremist group from another country, your entire country will be systematically removed from the planet. Oh, and by the way, the UN has been served eviction notices. They are no longer welcome on US soil anymore. They weren't worth our time anyways.."

Someone in here used to have a signature line that stated "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason." I could not agree more...
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    This battle has been going on since the crusades when it wae truly about diffrerences in religion not oil.I supported this war fully until it
    turned into a police action.It's time to bring our people home and
    if they are crazy enough to fight us on our own turf God help them
    because no one else will after the first time.It's time for someone else
    to be the worlds policeman it bankrupted Great Britian in 100 years
    it's going to take less time for the U.S.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links