According To Paul Harvey

According To Paul Harvey

This is a discussion on According To Paul Harvey within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DID YOU KNOW THIS? Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their embassies in Iraq? Did you know that the Iraqi government employs 1.2 ...

Thread: According To Paul Harvey

According To Paul Harvey

DID YOU KNOW THIS?

Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their
    embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government employs 1.2 million
    Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools
    are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction
    and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20
    Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in
    January 2004 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They
    have 5 -100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval
    infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operation squadrons, 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport
    aircraft which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 bell jet rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a
    Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000
    fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq
    that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects
    going on in Iraq?
    They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals,
    83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities
    and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age
    of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled
    in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers
    in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that
    consist of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and
    10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened
    in June of 2004 and that the Iraqi economy is BOOMING?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential
    election had a recent televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

OUR MEDIA WOULDN'T TELL US!

Because a Bush-hating media and left wing liberals would
    rather see the terrorism prevail in the world rather than
    exercise some common sense and patriotism.

The lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves only one
    purpose. It undermines the world's perception of the
    United States and our soldiers.

All of these fact are verifiable on the Department
    of Defense website - and many other independent sources.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Thanks Deke45, we need some sunshine from that part of the world.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

I also love how all of the media stations talk about not letting their individual biased effect the news they broadcast but it is interesting that they don't let the American people know the truth to what is going on in the world. Wow....the left leaning media won't tell the truth....who would have thunk....I think it's time to give them a wake up call!!!

Interesting facts, and no, the media wouldn't dare let us know....on the flip-side, I wonder how many of those 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers are used for detonating IEDs !
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Sounds like Iraq is doing pretty good. So-------WHEN ARE THEY GONNA START PAYING THEIR OWN BILLS?????? Did Paul Whatzhizname happen to mention that ???? Oh also, when are they gonna start dying for their own country???--- Did Paul give a specific date for that to start happening ??

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Sounds like Iraq is doing pretty good. So-------WHEN ARE THEY GONNA START PAYING THEIR OWN BILLS?????? Did Paul Whatzhizname happen to mention that ???? Oh also, when are they gonna start dying for their own country???--- Did Paul give a specific date for that to start happening ??
    Not to be too harsh...but if you listen to the news broadcasts it seems nearly everyday there are "Iraqis" getting killed in the suicide bombings, hits, and ambushes....mostly targeting the Iraqi forces and police....so yes, they are in fact dying for their country and my hat goes off to them for showing the guts it's gonna take to get things under control....they're trying...maybe not as fast as we'd like, but they are trying.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    My hat off to them---Don't think so. If they're doin'as great as ya'll seem to think then what was the over $300,000,000,000.00 of my taxpayer money spent for?? Don't know 'bout ya'll but I remember watching on TV the real time images of the people looting their own hospitals,museums,mosque's,schools,etc. During that looting did we see other Iraqi's trying to stop them with force? I didn't. If they are doing so well let me ask you are they selling their oil to pay for this "police action". If so,then what was the Amarican(my) tax money for? Your right. Every day some Iraqi civillians are gitting killed. What have they done to try to stop it. You see armed crowds hunting down and hanging or beheading the people responsible? Or for the most part do they just leave it up to the Americans to fight and die for them?---- Yeah, the American people really need to here something positive about the police action in Iraq but just like the bombing of Heroshima lets hear"The rest of the story".

Smile

My hat off to them---Don't think so. If they're doin'as great as ya'll seem to think then what was the over $300,000,000,000.00 of my taxpayer money spent for?? Don't know 'bout ya'll but I remember watching on TV the real time images of the people looting their own hospitals,museums,mosque's,schools,etc. During that looting did we see other Iraqi's trying to stop them with force? I didn't. If they are doing so well let me ask you are they selling their oil to pay for this "police action". If so,then what was the Amarican(my) tax money for? Your right. Every day some Iraqi civillians are gitting killed. What have they done to try to stop it. You see armed crowds hunting down and hanging or beheading the people responsible? Or for the most part do they just leave it up to the Americans to fight and die for them?---- Yeah, the American people really need to here something positive about the police action in Iraq but just like the bombing of Heroshima lets hear"The rest of the story".
    you must not be listening to many of the news stories out there right now. Thousands of police officers are being trained each month not to mention that Iraq is starting from square one when it comes to their government. Many of the news stations are not telling us of how well Iraq is doing since a lot of them only believe that reporting the bad news will grab everyones attention. If it means that we need to spend another 300,000,000,000 just to spread more democracy around this world, then count me in! If it means that we have to spend another 300,000,000,000 to support our troops, then count me in!!!! And of course I say, hats off to the Iraqi people for shaping themselves into a country of their own and also to our troops for protecting my freedoms that I enjoy every God given day!!!!

You're out of touch with current events my friend...your comments are old history...essentially day one of a freed Iraq. My job puts me in contact with those still doing the job (our boys)...you don't unfortunately see much of the good news hitting our media....yes we're still paying....however, that too is a little misguiding since we'd be paying whether our boys were in Iraq or Detroit.
    My hat will always go off to those that fight terrorists....I'll even tip to a Frenchy if they'll join in.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

DC Founder
    It's a lot of money, but what is it worth to have a democracy right smack in the middle of that region? The world is a chessboard and this war is the move that has them all sweating. Honestly, I don't like the idea of spending my tax money outside of this country much at all, but I like what it is buying in the world. I can't have it both ways. You and your family, along with the rest of the world, will benefit when that region is squared away....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

They are paying against their debts. An unknown number of Iraqi citizens died for their country for years, while UN resolution after UN resoluation was violated without consequence. Estimated Iraqi casualties fighting against Saddam range from the tens of thousands to over 1.2 million killed. Now, Iraqis deaths outpace American deaths by about 10:1.
    ...Don't know 'bout ya'll but I remember watching on TV the real time images of the people looting their own hospitals, museums, mosque's, schools,etc. During that looting did we see other Iraqi's trying to stop them with force? I didn't.
    Under Saddam, they lived under totalitarian rule, with centralized control and a command economy. They did not police the looting because they did not have a history of freedom to act for themselves - that was the government's job. They did not police the looting themselves because they were told to stay in their homes, and for the most part, they did, until they were liberated. They did not police the looting themselves because in many cases, they were attacking government institutions, right or wrong. Much of the museum looting that was reported did not actually occur. Most of the relics were hidden for safekeeping in advance of the expected looting.
    ...If they are doing so well let me ask you are they selling their oil to pay for this "police action". If so,then what was the Amarican(my) tax money for?
    The money was to finance the operation. The Iraqi's did not have funds with which to pay for their liberation, because Saddam controlled the purse strings (see Oil-for-Food). They did not have fund with which to pay for their liberation because their economy was in tatters. Their economy is recovering at a rapid pace, and they are beginning to pay their debts and bankroll their own operation.
    ...Your right. Every day some Iraqi civillians are gitting killed. What have they done to try to stop it. You see armed crowds hunting down and hanging or beheading the people responsible?
    Actually, the Iraqi people are beginning to stand up for themselves and protest the violence. This is a new concept for them. They are exposing insurgents and reporting suspected terrorists to the authorities. You don't see it or hear about it because the American media don't want their agenda undermined. You don't see it or hear about it because those Muslim extremists using Al Jazeera to foment war don't want their agenda undermined. To hear about what is really happening over there, you have to know somebody on the ground over there.
    ...Or for the most part do they just leave it up to the Americans to fight and die for them?---- Yeah, the American people really need to here something positive about the police action in Iraq but just like the bombing of Heroshima lets hear"The rest of the story".
    It sounds like you can't accept the rest of the story. It is true that Iraq has a long way to go. The rest of the story is that they are being more successful than you are prepared to give them credit for.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Excellent post, thanks for sharing.

Too bad we don't here any of this in the news.
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Quote Originally Posted by WyattEarp
    Excellent post, thanks for sharing.
    Too bad we don't here any of this in the news.
    Like the non reporting of the success of the Minuteman project at the AZ boarder, the elite liberal media won't report anything that sheds a positive light on things that they don't agree with...it doesn't suit their agenda or make for "good" news stories!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

DC Founder
    There's another post here somewhere on the forum that has an itemized list of the successes happening in Iraq. I'm sure it is significantly larger now (and outdated) but was quite early in the war. They are doing pretty darned good over there, I understand.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sponsored Links