Anyone Ever Hear of this?

This is a discussion on Anyone Ever Hear of this? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife does the "Where's George" thing with all her currency. You join up, stamp your money with the web address and register the serial ...

Thread: Anyone Ever Hear of this?

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

My wife does the "Where's George" thing with all her currency. You join up, stamp your money with the web address and register the serial numbers of your bills.

You can track them all over the country.

She found where someone on another board had suggested doing a closely related thing (following in the footsteps of the gay community) to bring attention to the economic power of gun owners.

Here's a copy of the page:

GUN OWNER$

Now available in Self Inking!

Those of you who live in big cities may remember seeing dollar bills that were stamped GAY DOLLAR. This was to remind everyone of the buying power of the gay community. This made a lot of people wise up that at least they better be nice to gays if they didn't want so suffer economic consequences. These stamps (among other actions) also raised the visibility of gays to a level not known before. In any case, you see the result. In Illinois you have a Republican governor trying to pass a gay rights bill. Members of his closest staff are openly gay. Gun owners? Not a one in sight...at least not one who'll admit to it. Gun Rights? Sure, Governor Ryan will be happy to take them away! HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

So, we are starting our own version of the GAY DOLLAR -

These stamps are perfect for marking legal and tender things. The GAY DOLLAR was a huge success, I hope GUN OWNER$ will be too! can we duplicate that success? Gonna take a lot of stamps! You can get a stamp Easy!

Go to your local Office Supply shop and tell them to make a stamp that says GUN OWNER$ in 14 Point Helvetica Bold Font. If you get a self-inking stamp request red ink.

If you would...pass this on to other lists that may be interested in participating in our little act of rebellion.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

VIP Member
    I run into the 'Where's George' bills every now & then (last time about 2 weeks ago).

I would be hesitant to put any stamps on currency though.......technically it's against the law.

I WOULD however put it on any checks I write. My father-in-law put a stamp that said 'This is tobacco money' on all the checks he wrote. He raised tobacco on part of his farm.

I think I might have to do as you suggest, good idea!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Link?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sounds Like a Great Idea...

But...

Randy,

I would like to have my camera ready when your wife walks into a bank with sunglasses and a ball cap, and hands (just to get change) the teller a $50 with "GUN OWNER' stamped across the front...

Could be interesting?

Actually though, that isn't a bad idea!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links